24 Hr Fitness gym

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
Do their monthly dues change from month to month???

I could have sworn last week I checked on membership and it was $29.99/mo, which was good for me. I went on there to sign up today and now it's telling me it'll be $39.99/mo and what's due today is more than what it was going to be last week as well.

I don't want to pay over $30 a month so this is a problem now. Grrr.

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Most gyms periodically have membership specials -- you may have missed out on a June promotional rate.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Do you have a piece of paper with the price on it? If you do, then bring it in and show the people, and see if they will honor it.

I know my gym runs membership specials sometimes, and depending on who you talk to/when you sign up, the rates will be different.

39.99 for a 24 hour gym isn't bad though.. I pay 33.50 for my gym which is 24 hrs, has a pool/hot tub, a basketball court and all classes are included.
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Go to Costco and get the 2 year pass. It is more up front but it avergaes out to like 13 bucks a month!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    This happened to my boyfriend and in the contract it says that they can increase the fees without notice. I suggest going to Costco and getting the two year pass.
  • Cindy68164
    Cindy68164 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try "Blue Moon" fitness centers. They are cheap...no contract.