Vegan Diet

Options
Has anyone had experience being on a vegan diet? I would just like to know the key points of the lifestyle, the struggles that come with it, and most of all if it is unhealthy restricting your body of needed proteins and if their is a compromise of protein within the diet.

So basically, all about a vegan diet:)

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    You don't have to restrict your body from needed proteins to support a vegetarian or even full-on vegan diet. However, you WILL have to work a little harder than us omnivores to GET all those needed proteins.

You'll need to track your calories, fat, carbs, and proteins just like us meat-eating folks - but you'll have to search a bit more for those protein sources. There's no magic to it, just a little extra work because meat is basically a protein-and-nutrient concentrate and you'll need to eat less-dense sources.

That's pretty much it. I have a number of vegan friends and the ones that pay attention to their intake, and especially their protein intake, are arguably healthier than I am.
  • violetismysoul
    Options
    I'm not seriously think of going vegan, right now I am eating chicken lol. But I've always wondered whay benefits the lifestyle has because I might consider trying it, i love trying new things, but if I discover that it doesn't give my body enough juice to run on then it won't cross my mind again. The real question is, I guess, is what are the health benefits and what are the health "hazards"?