Tight Muscles

Options
What do you do to relieve or ease tight/sore muscles?

Replies

• nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Stretch before and after working out...I didn't do this at first, so I had T-Rex arms for a while
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    I am going through some serious tension in my calves right now. It's like I can hardly straighten my leg out because I don't want to put too much weight on it sometimes...but I have found that swimming relieves the tension or pain as well as a hot bath. Other than that...massage your muscles gently. Just from my opinion. I am def not a professional! Good luck.
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I found a lower body stretch video on Youtube from Fitness Blender. It's 10 minutes and I do it after every lifting session. I play the video each time because it helps me remember to do each stretch for the right length of time and it has really helped me. Good luck!
  • aaronf289
    aaronf289 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like spending some time in the sauna....seemed to help me.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Take a magnisium supplement. Also, an epsom salt bath will help tremendously. As some of the others have said stretching is really important. Good luck! :happy:
  • bluu09
    bluu09 Posts: 6
    Options
    I think there are different types of tight muscles, but if it is like a knot, try massages (done yourself or by someone else). Foam rollers are really helpful. If it is a tight spot, use a tennis ball. The key is to use deep pressure and massage the muscle. Then do a little stretching and drink lots of water. It is what works for me.
  • MattTheWaterRat
    MattTheWaterRat Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    For super-tight muscles I go to the foam roller.
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just sit back and enjoy it...that means I killed it in the gym
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Massage, stretching, a well balanced diet with enough electrolytes to replace the ones you lose, hot baths/sauna/hot tub, yoga.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Only deep tissue massages work for me.
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Ginger root.
  • sonamon
    sonamon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use Tiger balm, it is awesome, it really does help.
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have started to ice up after my runs now. Then again a couple of hrs later.

Muscles are still sore though :(
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Rest 2 days......
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What do you do to relieve or ease tight/sore muscles?

Soak in tub, and end it with a cool (cold) shower.. this really is an amazing ending to the muscles. But you might need to take asprin as well.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I used arnica gel the entire week of my black belt testing and it worked very well.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i get a good looking man to rub me out.
  • KraseyBeauty
    Options
    Foam rollers and lots of stretching.
  • SIMBA7860
    SIMBA7860 Posts: 25
    Options
    i take a hot bath and then rub in deep heat/ arnica gel/vicks/zambuk. then i have the best sleep ever......until the next gym visit : (
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Foam rollers and percussive massage (namely, asking my wife to punch me in the back to break up muscle knots).