jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Boobs rock.

and jiggle
    and bounce \m/
  • Shayshow
    Shayshow Posts: 17
    Options
    I SAY IF YOUR A "BALLS OUT" KINDA PERSON GO FOR IT. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE PREPARED TO ACCEPT THE DOWN FALL IF YOU GET ANY. AND YES ALOT OF IT IS ROLL YOUR EYES CRAP, PERSONALLY IM NOT ONE FOR THE "WEED" PART BUT I CAN GIGGLE AT A GOOD "BOOB" MOMENT

YES I TOOO LOVE BOOBS!!

BUT REDICULOUSNESS IS JUST THAT.
    ILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY I CAN APPRECIATE A BREAK FROM THE SERIOUS FORMALITIES AND JUST GIVE IT HELL ONCE IN A WHILE.

AS FAR AS NOT BEING "ADULT" BECAUSE ILL POST SOMETHING OFF THE WALL, UNPREDICTABLE OR SILLY, I MYSELF AM VERY RESPONSIBLE, IM VERY KIND, I AM ANTI DRUG AND EDUCATED - BUT SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO PUSH THE ENVELOPE, DOES NOT MEAN YOUR NOT A HARD WORKING GOOD PERSON
    AS FAR AS BEING 18? 18 DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN "ADULT" IT MAKES YOU "LEGAL" TO GET INTO MORE TROUBLE YOUR NOT READY FOR, BUT DEFFINATELY NOT AN ADULT.

AND YES SUSIEQ - BOOBS DO ROCK!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Boobs rock.

this.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should't post those kinds of things on the internet, especially social media sites. My biggest no no is relationship drama. Face your problems, don't Facebook them.

^This^
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I wish it was as easy as just "not reading" or "deleting" but it's not. That's why so many of us have them on the list in the first place. Whether they are our family, our friends, our KIDS, or whatever...they made it to the 'list' for reasons other than the crap they post.

And NO, I would not post this on their pages individually.... In my opinion these posts are not for me to play "parent" with and chase people down to say "Yay or Nay" on their status updates. BUT if they read my status updates maybe just maybe they will think twice about what they write... If not, well... I'm not going to lose any sleep. :laugh:
  • Shayshow
    Options
    How about now???
    [/quote]

*POKE*

Sorry, I got distracted right after you sai.... SQUIRREL!
    [/quote]

LOL VERY COOL!!! TOO FUNNY!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    "Today for instance one of my just turned 18 family members posts "Hmm what is on my mind? How about weedweedweed (repeat to fill an entire paragraph) followed by "boobz". This particular 'adult' has no job, an apparent addiction, and the biggest aspiration in life is to walk to the store and buy a coke with his disability check that he "earns" for a troubled youth. Last week it was a cousin that was angry at her boyfriend so she felt the need to let everyone know what a *(#*%$(* he was over and over. Before that another 'pal' went off about their job and how the boss could do very inappropriate things to himself and she would be happy."

If your facebook was that bad and everyone was doing it why would you use two of your FAMILY MEMBERS as examples?? Even though your cousin is on disability, I doubt their biggest aspiration is to walk to the store. I am on disability, I would hope none of my FAMILY MEMBERS talk about me like this let alone on the internet. How is posting this making you look better than anyone else who does this stuff? You just made yourself look really bad.

I KNEW I'd get a few of you... THANKS MOM!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo very sure that I just left a bunch of people on FB scratching their heads, but really hope that the ONE that it was meant for gets the message. Somehow I doubt it...
    "Proving your a 'grown up' doesn't mean "Hey world, I am now 18!", it has more to do with how you portray yourself in a 'public place'...

Let it be known... I didn't read past this.

But let me get this straight... Rather than sending a direct message or calling the ONE person in question, you posted a passive-aggressive non-specific FB status hoping an 18 year old would learn how to act like a grown-up?

Are you starting to see my point yet??

How about now???

Well said.

Calling or talking directly to the people involved seems like the best mode of communication. Posting comments, statuses, even directly emailing someone definitely doesn't always get the point across in the way that something was intended. I had this happen recently--I perceived an insult related to something that was emailed to me from a new friend. I replied with basically a very long unhappy email rant....didn't talk to the person directly for about 3 months...and when we talked in person we found that it was just a misunderstanding--I nearly allowed myself to lose a potentially good friend over something posted on the internet. Now I try to be a little more direct.

As for the OP...I know I tend to get too wrapped up in what other people post sometimes...I'm starting to get handy with the delete" and "hide story" buttons though! Why waste so much time worrying about what other people post on their social media pages?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hrmmm....

Now??
  • Six6xiS
    Six6xiS Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    "Proving your a 'grown up' doesn't mean "Hey world, I am now 18!", it has more to do with how you portray yourself in a 'public place'...Yup, facebook included.

Real grown ups are not on Failbook.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Face your problems, don't Facebook them.

This is a saying I use in my classroom with my high school students.

Doesn't really help though...mostly because half the parents on Facebook are worse.

One day two girls who just graduated got into a "fight" on a status and one parent tried to take it to the school board to handle. Err...How about you and the other parent handle it if you think something needs to be done. That's why education is down the pooper anyway....Teachers are supposed to teach students curriculum and be mom/dad to them only when the parent feels it necessary. Otherwise, holy moly you better not discipline that child. But that's a discussion for a different day :)

I do not have a FB account anymore :drinker:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    I SAY IF YOUR A "BALLS OUT" KINDA PERSON GO FOR IT. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE PREPARED TO ACCEPT THE DOWN FALL IF YOU GET ANY. AND YES ALOT OF IT IS ROLL YOUR EYES CRAP, PERSONALLY IM NOT ONE FOR THE "WEED" PART BUT I CAN GIGGLE AT A GOOD "BOOB" MOMENT

YES I TOOO LOVE BOOBS!!

BUT REDICULOUSNESS IS JUST THAT.
    ILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY I CAN APPRECIATE A BREAK FROM THE SERIOUS FORMALITIES AND JUST GIVE IT HELL ONCE IN A WHILE.

AS FAR AS NOT BEING "ADULT" BECAUSE ILL POST SOMETHING OFF THE WALL, UNPREDICTABLE OR SILLY, I MYSELF AM VERY RESPONSIBLE, IM VERY KIND, I AM ANTI DRUG AND EDUCATED - BUT SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO PUSH THE ENVELOPE, DOES NOT MEAN YOUR NOT A HARD WORKING GOOD PERSON
    AS FAR AS BEING 18? 18 DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN "ADULT" IT MAKES YOU "LEGAL" TO GET INTO MORE TROUBLE YOUR NOT READY FOR, BUT DEFFINATELY NOT AN ADULT.

AND YES SUSIEQ - BOOBS DO ROCK!

I can appreciate that... and the "18" part had more to do with those that are suddenly of age and use that as an excuse to act as 'brazen?' (for lack of a better word) as they wish without consequence.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I suspect what you really want is for me and others to chime in about wasted youth, being inappropriate on Facebook, the downfall of the young and lazy, etc. But your example just isn't that bad. It's also a little embarrassing to read about your own Facebook passive-aggressiveness. As has already been said, you could have said something directly to your family member rather than post a public hint that contributed to your FB friends' itchy scalp.

As for the content of your family member's post - it may hurt him in future job searches, it may not. You are correct that very little online is truly private. And many employers certainly do check out what you have posted online. I'm sure it's resulted in some embarrassing interviews and lost opportunities. But I also think that because it is so easy to find stuff out online, the ridiculously rigid attitudes may start to relax. Sure, an employer might be turned off by Facebook posts about partying or the emotionally overwrought rantings of a young person's love drama. But I think it matters less these days, and some employers may not care unless the behavior directly puts the company at risk. A good employer might simply ask that some stuff be taken down or better hidden.

I'm not trying to argue that social media posts about getting high are attractive to employers. I am arguing that employers may be getting more reasonable, and if those posts are 2+ years old, it might not matter. And before you post the "given two equal candidates..." argument, the point at which employers are looking at your Facebook posts is generally pretty deep in the hiring process (otherwise, it's a waste of time). Maybe finding a Facebook post about weed is a deal-breaker. I'm willing to bet that more and more companies would ignore it or bring it up and discuss it directly with a candidate they liked. And it's entirely possible that your family member doesn't want to work for someone who would be bothered by his Facebook posts, man.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo very sure that I just left a bunch of people on FB scratching their heads, but really hope that the ONE that it was meant for gets the message. Somehow I doubt it...
    "Proving your a 'grown up' doesn't mean "Hey world, I am now 18!", it has more to do with how you portray yourself in a 'public place'...Yup, facebook included. Grandparents, Parents, Aunts, Uncles, FUTURE BOSSES...all look at this stuff. Private doesn't really mean "noone can ever see this except my 'friends'" people would do good to remember that...."

WHY is it that people feel the need to post absolute ridiculousness on their profiles??? It seems more often than not lately, I log onto my fb account and see some of the most "WHAT THE WHAT?!" posts from those that are suposedly trying to prove to the world how "adult" they are.

How was your post any more mature? Why didn't you to talk with this person directly, instead of resorting to passive-aggressive behavior?
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    "Proving your a 'grown up' doesn't mean "Hey world, I am now 18!", it has more to do with how you portray yourself in a 'public place'...

Let it be known... I didn't read past this.

But let me get this straight... Rather than sending a direct message or calling the ONE person in question, you posted a passive-aggressive non-specific FB status hoping an 18 year old would learn how to act like a grown-up?

Are you starting to see my point yet??

How about now???

^^^^^^^^^WIN for sure!!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I swear, I smoke, I drink, I party with the best of em... but I choose not to post that for the world to see.

There you go...you just put it out there.
  • Shayshow
    Options
    I THINK YOU OPENED UP A CAN OF STINKY WIGGLEY WORMS SWEETY.
    I APPLAUDE YOU FOR YOUR ATTACK ON AN OBVIOUSLY SENSITIVE SUBJECT.
    I DONT NECESSARILY AGREE. BUT *CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*

ITS TAKES A CREATIVE, STUBBORN, PRECEPTIVE MIND TO FIND NOTICE. AND A BRAVE CONFIDENT PERSONALITY TO POST IT AS U DID. THOUGH I READ BETWEEN THE LINES THAT THIS WAS JUST YOUR "OPPINION" AND OPEN FOR DISCUSSION.
    WHICH SHOWN AN OPEN MINDEDNESS AND A WORRIER TYPE ATTITUTE TO CHALLENGE AS YOU REPLY BACK TO RESPONSES.

VERY COOL!

SORRY FOR TYPOS, IM AT LUNCH BREAK AND MY BRAIN IS TURNED ON TO "OPEN BUT BARELY THINKING", NOT
    "SERIOUS & ACCURATE."
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    "Proving your a 'grown up' doesn't mean "Hey world, I am now 18!", it has more to do with how you portray yourself in a 'public place'...Yup, facebook included. Grandparents, Parents, Aunts, Uncles, FUTURE BOSSES...all look at this stuff. Private doesn't really mean "noone can ever see this except my 'friends'" people would do good to remember that...."

WHY is it that people feel the need to post absolute ridiculousness on their profiles??? It seems more often than not lately, I log onto my fb account and see some of the most "WHAT THE WHAT?!" posts from those that are suposedly trying to prove to the world how "adult" they are.

Today for instance one of my just turned 18 family members posts "Hmm what is on my mind? How about weedweedweed (repeat to fill an entire paragraph) followed by "boobz". This particular 'adult' has no job, an apparent addiction, and the biggest aspiration in life is to walk to the store and buy a coke with his disability check that he "earns" for a troubled youth. Last week it was a cousin that was angry at her boyfriend so she felt the need to let everyone know what a *(#*%$(* he was over and over. Before that another 'pal' went off about their job and how the boss could do very inappropriate things to himself and she would be happy.

OBVIOUSLY not everyone in the world are the perfect little people that they let their grannies and grampies believe, but sometimes it just leaves me shaking my head. I swear, I smoke, I drink, I party with the best of em... but I choose not to post that for the world to see.

So... what's your opinion? Ok to 'let it all out in the open'? OR Keep it PG for those 'friends' that might be your parents, grandparents, neighbors, aunts, uncles, or ummmm FUTURE EMPLOYERS???

Isn't this a rant on a public forum???
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Great!

Another rant on a public forum about rants on a public forum!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    It's okay, I can hear you.