Rant on Public Forums :)

Options

Replies

• Shayshow
    Shayshow Posts: 17
    Options
    I LIKE THAT TERM - PASSIVE AGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR......SOUNDS SO SMART AND JUDGEMENTAL!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I was venting out my thoughts on a particular subject... to make ME feel better. The comments regarding ME being immature and the pot calling the kettle black etc. are doing just that! Because not a single one of you knows the whole story, so you are bashing me regarding my opinion of how my friends are acting on line. Whatev. Obviously those are just little snippets of examples that I typed out. All I asked for was opinions of what you think is appropriate on a public forum after giving examples... I didn't ask for you to knit pick ME... you don't KNOW me and I certainly don't take offense, but I do feel better. Hope you do too. :flowerforyou:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Great!

Another rant on a public forum about rants on a public forum!

Congrats!!!! You got the joke of the title then right?! :laugh:
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I think MSN articles are making a lot of you paranoid about a bunch of BS. Just a bunch technological urban legends to keep you clicking on ads. "Employers check Facebook." "Your credit score is gonna kill your chances of getting a job." They're just blowing smoke up your *kitten* so that you'll click on the next article down about the top 10 ways to improve your resume.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I swear, I smoke, I drink, I party with the best of em... but I choose not to post that for the world to see.

There you go...you just put it out there.

:laugh:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I THINK YOU OPENED UP A CAN OF STINKY WIGGLEY WORMS SWEETY.
    I APPLAUDE YOU FOR YOUR ATTACK ON AN OBVIOUSLY SENSITIVE SUBJECT.
    I DONT NECESSARILY AGREE. BUT *CLAP*CLAP*CLAP*

ITS TAKES A CREATIVE, STUBBORN, PRECEPTIVE MIND TO FIND NOTICE. AND A BRAVE CONFIDENT PERSONALITY TO POST IT AS U DID. THOUGH I READ BETWEEN THE LINES THAT THIS WAS JUST YOUR "OPPINION" AND OPEN FOR DISCUSSION.
    WHICH SHOWN AN OPEN MINDEDNESS AND A WORRIER TYPE ATTITUTE TO CHALLENGE AS YOU REPLY BACK TO RESPONSES.

VERY COOL!

SORRY FOR TYPOS, IM AT LUNCH BREAK AND MY BRAIN IS TURNED ON TO "OPEN BUT BARELY THINKING", NOT
    "SERIOUS & ACCURATE."

STOP YELLING AT ME!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    this-thread-rocks.jpg
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    This is purely just my opinion, but...
    those people who post status updates that are vague, open-ended, passive-aggressive, and are meant to leave people "scratching their heads" are posted by somebody who is practically begging everybody on their friends list to come rushing to them, asking 'what's wrong?' 'what happened?' "are you alright?' and to comfort them, coddle them, pay attention to them and tell them everything will be alright. Drama, pure and simple. I've seen it a lot. I just scroll right on by. :wink:
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I just delete them from my friends list....they won't notice anyway and then I don't have to look at their pathetic crap.
    ____
    ^^This. I had someone who got the exact life she wanted (Twin boy and girl kids through invitro, married to a marine who got deployed) and every post was her complaining about how hard her life was and how the kids were driving her nuts and blah blah...it stressed me out just reading them! I'm sorry you got the life you asked for....but I don't need to deal with "Oh woah is me and won't someone help me?". Sorry sister...DELETE!

Oh yes, my niece is constantly complaining about how her baby does this and that, but the doctor won't even take her calls (hello, there's a reason, and it's "you're a whiner.") To make matters worse, my sister-in-law has to see this and she lost a baby to SIDS. But my niece doesn't realize that she has everything she wants and sounds like an ungrateful brat.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I'm reading this thread just to count the boobie comments.

OK - so I'm not really even counting. I just like the boobie comments....
  • carriparton
    carriparton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Face your problems, don't Facebook them.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I was venting out my thoughts on a particular subject... to make ME feel better. The comments regarding ME being immature and the pot calling the kettle black etc. are doing just that! Because not a single one of you knows the whole story, so you are bashing me regarding my opinion of how my friends are acting on line. Whatev. Obviously those are just little snippets of examples that I typed out. All I asked for was opinions of what you think is appropriate on a public forum after giving examples... I didn't ask for you to knit pick ME... you don't KNOW me and I certainly don't take offense, but I do feel better. Hope you do too. :flowerforyou:

No. We are judging you for your online behavior towards judging your friend's online behavior.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    My dog eats his poop sometimes.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Facebook to me is about 95% useless material. I really don't care what someone listened to on Spotify today. I don't care who checked in where. I don't care what your political views are. The whole thing seems sort of narcissistic to me, posting random thoughts as if someone else gives a crap ( I guess it's like what I'm doing right now, but oh well).
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    But this is a rant on a public forum....

Man, I wish I had boobs on my birthday.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I don't do bad things, therefore I have nothing bad to post on Facebook, or anywhere else otherwise. :)
  • sktllmdrhmz
    Options
    The whole thing seems sort of narcissistic to me, posting random thoughts as if someone else gives a crap ( I guess it's like what I'm doing right now, but oh well).

I'm amazed at the response to my random thoughts. I won't deny the narcissism, but I really just have diarrhea of the mouth. For some reason people flock to it. I can even post really condescending things like this and probably get a FR for it. Boggles the mind. Or could there be substance behind all my tripe? Nah.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Legal name changing is going to be a massively big industry when these boobs figure out if it is on the internet not only do they not own it, but they can't remove it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo very sure that I just left a bunch of people on FB scratching their heads, but really hope that the ONE that it was meant for gets the message. Somehow I doubt it...
    "Proving your a 'grown up' doesn't mean...

...posting vague passive aggressive posts on facebook hoping just one person will figure out youre pissed at them..... good luck with that.
  • falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm sooo very sure that I just left a bunch of people on FB scratching their heads, but really hope that the ONE that it was meant for gets the message. Somehow I doubt it...
    "Proving your a 'grown up' doesn't mean "Hey world, I am now 18!", it has more to do with how you portray yourself in a 'public place'...

Let it be known... I didn't read past this.

But let me get this straight... Rather than sending a direct message or calling the ONE person in question, you posted a passive-aggressive non-specific FB status hoping an 18 year old would learn how to act like a grown-up?

Are you starting to see my point yet??

How about now???

*POKE*

Sorry, I got distracted right after you sai.... SQUIRREL!

Ok, that was dam* funny ... I don't care who you are. LOL