Am I Skinny Fat? Or just Fat? I like honesty

Options
I think so but I'm not sure.

I'm 5ft 1/2 an inch, about 125lbs, very small bone frame. I just made a bikini pic my profile picture (I don't know how to add a pic to a thread). I have a very hard time processing/objectively judging what I see in the mirror. This is a real request, not an attention grab or anyting.

Please don't sugar-coat anything. I stared about 15lbs higher so I'm doing something right. It will be hard for you to discourage me, fire away!

Replies

• paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are fat in any way personally! I definitely would not want to lose any weight if I had a figure like yours, if you feel 'fat' I'd say do strength training and build muscle.

If I looked that good in a bikini you'd struggle to get me in clothes! :)
  • ThatsNotMine
    ThatsNotMine Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Paulaviki-
    You have such pretty bone structure and eyes, you should do makeup ads!

I do think toning up is a must, I feel floppy...thanks for replying!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Bless you! Thanks :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'd say "overweight" or "skinny-fat". You are at an acceptable weight for you height but likely have a high percentage of body fat. (that's hard to tell without knowing your body fat %)
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    I think you look great. I agree with the first poster, aim to build muscle and get lean :-)
  • squirrleydoodle
    squirrleydoodle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!! some strength training will make you look more lean and toned tho. i love your swimsuit! its my fave color!
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    WTF?:huh:
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Maybe a bit soft around the middle, but that goes with exercise. No weight loss needed!
  • emptyplate
    emptyplate Posts: 62
    Options
    I would definaty not describe you as fat in anyway, however like the nice lady above me ^ if you felt fat or feel that you have fat, some simple toning exercises with weights etc might be your best bet. You do have a nice figure though and should wear that bikni out, just pop to the shops in it
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    The purple and yellow smily face kinda creeps me out. Like in horror movies when the pictures of the deceased are showed and the photo is burnt only where the face is.

That being said, focus on toning up, don't lose too much more weight.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Definitely not "fat". You have a very small fat store on your lower stomach which is very common for women. If you don't like it, I suggest eating at maintenance, lifting weights and maybe incorporating some fasted HIIT/steady state cardio combinations. Losing weight will probably not help.
  • ThatsNotMine
    Options
    Thank you for the replys. The apps on my phone tell me my bf% is around 23-24% (using weight, height, and my 30in waist), and my BMI is around 23.
    These numbers may seem small but remember, I'm close to little person height....
  • ThatsNotMine
    Options
    The purple and yellow smily face kinda creeps me out. Like in horror movies when the pictures of the deceased are showed and the photo is burnt only where the face is.

That being said, focus on toning up, don't lose too much more weight.

omg I didn't even think of that. LOL, now thats all I see! Creepy!

I'm at work and was in a hurry not to get caught....
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are fat or skinny fat. You look to have some muscle tone in the belly. So I don't think your BF% is in the unhealthy range, although visceral fat cannot be determined based on appearance. Just keep exercising and eating at a slight calorie deficit, you should be able to lose more body fat. Add strength training to help preserve muscles.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, and I'm 134, but I know I have a lot of muscle, and I'm looking to get down about 10-15 pounds. I would say start focusing on adding heavy weights into your program to tone up and in about 4 weeks re-evaluate how you feel and compare your same bikini pic, if at that point you still feel like you have some fat, maybe aim for around 5 pounds of weight loss? I know on us short people 5 pounds goes a long way. I don't think you look fat though, maybe like you said "skinny-fat" , which is easily fixed by building muscle
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I would say your "skinny fat" which means you are not fat AT ALL. Thin but soft I guess, is a way to put it. You look great! Do not lose "weight", just add some muscle to firm up and burn off extra body fat to lower that bf%. But no, you are not fat. Not even close. :-)
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    You fit in a bikini, and if anything, you might have a tummy. I want to be able to wear a bikini, so I would think your size is just perfect. But if you feel a little too meaty, build muscle instead of trying to drop your weight.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    K, I checked out your profile and I noticed that it says you have 36 lbs to go, is this a mistake? Did I misread it? If not, I think you may have some unreasonable expectations and may need to consider working them through with a counselor.
  • ThatsNotMine
    Options
    You guys are so kind, I was VERY, VERY nervous after I hit the send button.
    I went to have my biometric screening done and the nurse told me to be careful and to really watch my weight, that was about 15lbs and 6 months ago...Now to tone up!
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I would say to just concentrate on toning up what you have. Don't think you have to lose more, just re-direct....