Have come to a standstill :(

Options
Hi there, my name is Sarah, from the UK, I'm on the wrong side of 28 & have been a big girl all my life. As I'm only a year off my 30th I decided once & for all I was determined to loose weight. I started out at 187lbs, currently 166lbs. I'm bein realistic, I know I'm never going to be 8st, however would eventually like to reach 147lbs. I joined MFP about 4 months ago, with things going really well, however over the past month I have come to a complete standstill & no matter how hard I try cannot shift any extra lbs :( I have upped my calorie intake, upped my exercise regime, but still nothing. I should be grateful that I haven't gained anything, however would just like some tips on what I can do just to kick start the weight loss again. I don't want 2 start on gimmicky fad diets as I really enjoy the calorie controlled, healthy eating & exercise regime....could any of you kind people help me???

Replies

• RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Need to open up your diary....
  • saznorman
    saznorman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm confused, it's my first post...been using the phone app
  • seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    No data entries showing in your diary. What weight and fitness level you can achieve depends on how much you REALLY want it. Loosing weight is actually the easy part, keeping it off requires a shift in consciousness.

...and bythe way....Congradulations! on having lost weight so far, great progress!! It could be your body is also holding more water for muscle repair. If you are eating right and recording calorie intake accurately then it can only be water retention or muscle gain. Watch your salt intake. Also scales are only one indicator of progress, take measurements as well and compare. If exessive exercise and muscle building is the cause of weight gain then this is onlt temperary as the water will be released as soon as muscles have healed to their new fitness level. You may want to try drinking a whey protein shake or eating a high protein food within 1/2 hour of exercising to ensure muscle repair is maximised with minimum water retention. Drink green tea for metabolism and dandelion root tea, a diuretic and liver tonic. Also consider upping pro biotic intake in your diet for better nutrient absorption and waste elimination. Maintain good hydration.
  • saznorman
    saznorman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice :)