Am I Skinny Fat? Or just Fat? I like honesty

Options

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you look good to me. I don't think you look fat, or skinny fat.

Your stomach looks good to me, I wish I was ready to wear a bikini.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you can even see daylight between your thighs.

relax.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Losing as much weight as it says in your ticker would make you gaunt/ED. Tone what you have and the flabby parts will improve. Go higher protein low carbs but EAT!!

Folks, the diary is under 1000 calories routinely and booze does make up a nice share of those calories. Please get some help hon, you are headed for trouble.
  • coalboilermanBryan
    Options
    Speaking from this "man's" point of view. I personally like a woman who can fit in a bikini, and yet be soft...( have some fat) If your all bones, or all muscle that to me is not sexy. While yes skinny is sexy in my book....all bones or all muscle is a turn off. So I would certianly not loose to much more if I had a say so in it. I think you look really good as you are, and remember that we are our own worst critic when it comes to looking in the mirror. Others don't usually see the "flaw's" that we see. To us that layer of belly fat stands out like a giant flashing sign...Trust me I know......But others see the entire picture and don't really even notice what we think is a giant issue....God...I am preaching at my self here!!!! Hope your day is going well!
    Bryan
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    First off.....I think you look freaking awesome as you are!!!! I think rather than asking people here if you are skinny fat or not, you should be thinking about how YOU want to look in the long run. Do YOU admire certain body types? Do YOU feel like you are flabby? I'm thinking there must be an answer to this question within yourself as you posted this subject. Some people dislike certain looks...IE-muscular women versus skinny fat/soft. Do you want to be more defined? If you want to change the shape of your body to a more muscular look, then by all means start lifting heavy and eating clean protein! I am into heavy lifting and it has seriously changed my life and my shape. I can see beauty in every body type....from a soft girly girl to an athletic strong woman. It is all in the eye of the beholder.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You asked for honesty, here you'll get it:

You look healthy. By that I mean your natural frame type puts you on the thick/stocky side, and that will never change. You appear to have a fair amount of muscle hidden under a layer of fat that, while evident, is not as significant as one might seem. Your waist won't get much smaller no matter what you do because of your natural frame/body shape, so if you want to make everything proportionate you're going to have to add some mass to your thighs. It won't make you look manly, don't worry.

So to answer your question you are neither fat, nor skinny fat. You're a healthy woman with evident muscle who simply happens to have an unusual natural body shape. If you want to make the most of your genetics and natural shape, build up your legs. Your torso won't get much smaller.
  • heartnurse2012
    Options
    i sure wish i looked like you!! You look good! Could you improve? definitely.. where you are at right now (weight wise) i would start doing exercises for toning and strength. running, pilates, yoga things of that nature...

girl, you will be ripped in no time ;)
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    We are all our worse enemies on things like this. from a social point of view you are within expectable size for your height. As someone pointed out you consume less then 1000 calories a day, of which most is alcohol. This is something i would be more concerned with then if you are skinny fat or fat. I'll not preach any farther on that because no one is here to be told what to do and what not to do, and if you are more power to you for being able to do it. I personally think you look good as you are from the picture i could see but i'm not a skinny buff wall of muscle so do as you wish to get where you want in your mind. Just keep an eye on the alcohol before it causes issues down the road for you. with that i step down from the pulpit for someone else to have a turn :)
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    Losing as much weight as it says in your ticker would make you gaunt/ED. Tone what you have and the flabby parts will improve. Go higher protein low carbs but EAT!!

Folks, the diary is under 1000 calories routinely and booze does make up a nice share of those calories. Please get some help hon, you are headed for trouble.

I couldn't agree more. You look just fine but I worry that you are not eating enough.
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    Just get toned and muscular!! weight loss wise you look fabulous!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are fat in any way at all. I think some toning would make you feel better about what you see in the mirror, but I would LOVE to have your body!
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Definitely NOT fat, and not really skinny fat. Maybe just lift weights and add some muscle definition.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2'' and my GW is 125lbs. You're pic looks great and as long as your happy then who cares what ANYONE else thinks! Keep rocking it!
  • sapienti
    sapienti Posts: 17
    Options
    from a guys perspective, your pic looks good - attractive, and i agree with coalboilerman's comments.

your build is very similar to my wifey - athletic - she's 5'0 and ~115lb. but if she goes between 110 - 120 she will look more athletic at the lower weight and more soft at the higher weight, but she still looks great either way.

you don't look fat from the picture, but I'm sure muscle tone will make your curves pop more and improve posture, which always increases ones healthy appearance and attractiveness regardless of actual fat or lack thereof.

-Dan
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I think you look stellar. If you having trouble with physical tasks (walking down the block, walking up the stairs, etc) than seek help immediately but a bit of exercise does not hurt anyone.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Being a big girl most of my life, I must say that you look great. I do not see any "fat" in any way on your photo.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Skinny. You can work on some muscle definition if you want, but I think you look pretty perfect.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think your weight is fine, and that you look better than you probably deserve to, given your diet!

You're right to be concerned about "skinny fat" (I hate the phrase, but I know what you mean) I don't think that you are anywhere near the look yet but you undoubtedly will be if you eat so poorly.

Eat a reasonable number of calories, not below your BMR, get enough protein and non-alcoholic fluids, and if you want to see more muscle tone then strength train.

Don't carry on as you are, I think you're storing up trouble.

Best of luck.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Definitely not "fat". You have a very small fat store on your lower stomach which is very common for women. If you don't like it, I suggest eating at maintenance, lifting weights and maybe incorporating some fasted HIIT/steady state cardio combinations. Losing weight will probably not help.

I think Rae pretty much nailed it!
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Neither - I think you look great!

But since you asked, if you are small framed, then at 125 you are on the top end of the healthy range for someone with a small frame. If YOU are not comfortable with that, then I agree with the others, maybe another 5 lbs and some weights and cardio. Don't go overboard!

You are going to rock your wedding dress and your bikini!