Let's support each other! My story

Options
OK so a little about me. I am 21 and 5'9" Every year I tell myself I will not be fat the next year. Well heres pretty much how thats going...
When I met my husband I was in HS and weighed 160lbs, played sports, worked out, but still considered myself thick.
My husband joined the military when I was 19 and by that time I was 170lbs. While he was deployed I got up to 175 and tried to lose weight before he came home, but failed. As soon as he came home I shot right up to 180lbs eating a lot and celebrating.
THEN we moved across the country away from family and started eating out ALL the time because we suck at cooking lol.
Last april I started Joe Cross's Juice fast but it wasen't for me.. although I did get back down to 179lbs.
this June 2012 I went to the doctor and weighed a whopping 195lbs!!!!!!! I almost died. I dont even recognize myself anymore.
I am currently 190lbs. I have been using MFP on and off over the past year.
I just got married last april, no wedding just at the courthouse. Within the next year we plan on having a wedding with family and friends and I want to feel beautiful!!!! I didn't want a wedding this april because I couldnt stand how I looked.

Another Issue... we are moving from the east coast to hawaii. July9th I will be going to CA for 4 weeks then moving to hawaii and we will be searching for a home and living out of a hotel. I KNOW we will be living off fast food so at this current time I cant really commit to any weight loss program or regular excersise routine when I wont even have a home until August....

I am just hoping some people will add me as a friend on MFP and we can support eachother. I know I will be kind of MIA until the begnining of Aug but if you would like to share support or maybe become text buddies that would be awesome for me. I'm also hoping for someone with similar stats to mine.
5'9" and around 190-200lbs. If not we can still help each other out. Sorry for my long drawn out story. I'm just feeling so down about myself right now! :(

Replies

• helicajustice
    helicajustice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well pretty lady, let's motivate each other!
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    I've added you! :)
  • sapienti
    sapienti Posts: 17
    Options
    I have a lot of the same feelings and issues about my weight, and this is the way life is - throwing all these events at us, and for a lot of us we pack on the pounds when things change, but I think from your post I can see a pattern - that you have to make better choices about your food, look for healthier alternatives, even if you are eating out a lot. Don't use it as an excuse, becasue there are always healthier alternatives. The healthy ones might not always be the cheapest, fastest, easiest, or tastiest... but they are out there. I found that by punching things into mfp constantly I can really get a feel for what I can and can't eat. This has allowed me to occasionally slip in a tasty *bad* fast food without blowing out my entire calorie count. (Sometimes you just gotta have a Big mac or burrito or something)

But really, this process is like a savings account, you have to contribute not in large sums, but small, consistent, repeated sums. The most successful people I've run into on this site are the once who are on here everyday and monitor everything.

Best of luck to you, and please add me as a friend if you wish!

-Dan
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    It can all be overwhelming but you can do this. As hard as it is you cannot allow food to rule you. Yes we have to have food and we love food and even crave it. I get that :wink:

But with all the things being thrown at you, you have still made a choice. So while you may need to eat out work towards making smart choices for what is available. I had to do that today. For the first time ever, ever I chose a grilled chicken sandwich without the bread as I cannot have bread due to allergies. Many restraunts have healthy choices now. Try them out.

Best of luck on your new adventures in Hawaii so exciting for you.:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • angelicahinkle
    Options
    feel free to add me! We can do this!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does!;)