Belly button piercing + pregnancy

kellybean14
kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
Hi all!

Does anyone have experience with getting a belly button piercing and then getting pregnant? Was it a horrible mistake (the piercing, not the little one! :laugh: )? Did it all go back to normal after you gave birth?

The reason I ask is because after I get to my goal weight I'm thinking about rewarding myself with a little torso glitter. I'm not planning on getting pregnant soon, but eventually I'd like to have a family.

Thanks for your input! :heart:

Replies

• kellybean14
    Ladies, I'm looking at you!!!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    You can get a flexible bar for pregnancy so you don't have to take it out. The belly button piercing closes up really quickly. Just be aware you can end up with a stretch mark through it, but I've just had mine re-done for the 3rd time, and it still looks good (IMO anyway).
  • kellybean14
    thanks doll ;)
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Yup, just get a flexible bar. I never got around getting the flexible bar, so I took it out when my belly was getting big and the skin was getting thin over the bar. I didn't try to put it back after because my belly was not in shape enough to pull off the ring. I got pregnant again when my daughter was 9 months anyways. The area looks fine now, but I don't want one anymore.
  • Abevemi
    Abevemi Posts: 54 Member
    I have two belly button piercings...one at the top and one at the bottom, and both lasted really well through two pregnancies with HUGE weight gains both times. I just did what the other ladies have said, and used a flexi bar when my belly got big, and then once the bub was born, I put my normal ones back in.