healthy breakfast options?

Options
i have gotten a little burnt out on what i usually eat for breakfast. working in a salon and working 6-8 hour shifts, i try and eat a somewhat decently sized breakfast to keep me fuller longer. i also make a smoothie (1 cup strawberry, 1 banana, and 1/2 cup cranberry juice and 1/2 cup oj) to help me last a little longer. but lately, im just bored with my breakfast options. does anyone have a good suggestion for me?

Replies

• KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I'm pretty good at being able to eat the same thing over and over again. I have Breakfast Essentials every morning for breakfast. it's yummy, it keeps me full and it''s only 260 calories. :)
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Eggs, oatmeal, your smoothie with some protein powder added
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal fills me up. I like to dress up my oatmeal with natural peanut butter, pure honey and unsweetened baking cocoa then put a tall glass of milk next to it to keep it company. That's good stuff.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    MorningStar Farms Sausage Patties!
    I microwave two - total for both: 160 calories, 6g fat, 520 sodium, 6g carbs, 20g Protein
    They are DELICIOUS!
  • tanialovesgary
    Options
    Hi I have quick oats with honey 15g slithered almonds and half a cup of berries. :-) breakfast for champions.lol
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Mom and I make an egg sandwich for breakfast.
    100 cal sandwich thin
    Laughing chow 35 cal cheese
    Egg whites (Egg Beaters has a garden vegetable egg white that is SOO good)
    Keeps me full all morning
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Fiber. It will fill you up. La Tortilla Factory makes really big tortillas and they are very filling. Scramble some eggs, add in your fav veggies or salsa, and wrap it up. Keeps me full for hours.
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    Just found this, called "rip's big bowl"

If this doesn't keep you going, nothing wiil.

Ingredients

* 1 banana, peeled and sliced
    * 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
    * 1/4 cup raw old-fashioned oats
    * 1/4 cup nut-size kernel cereal (recommended: Grape Nuts or Ezekiel)
    * 1/4 cup bite-size shredded wheat
    * 1/4 cup toasted whole grain wheat flakes and flaxseed cereal (recommended: Uncle Sam)

* 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal
    * 2 tablespoons raisins
    * 2 tablespoons walnuts
    * 1 grapefruit, halved
    * 3/4 cup milk substitute of choice

Directions
    Toss the banana, kiwifruit, oats, cereal, shredded wheat, whole grain wheat flakes, ground flaxseed, raisins, and walnuts into a bowl.

After cutting the grapefruit in half, use a small, sharp knife to remove the segments. Add the segments to the top of the bowl and squeeze in the juice. Top the bowl with milk substitute.

Cook's Note: To lower cholesterol levels even more, use 1/2 cup oats and omit 1/4 cup of either cereal.
  • Mrs16
    Mrs16 Posts: 86
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal or
    1/2 c Cheerios with a fruit (apple, pear)

Then have a mid morning snack....... Will keep you full until lunch
  • bfairbanks1982
    bfairbanks1982 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Love oatmeal (old fashion oats) with fresh fruit and a little bit of honey, also eat a hard boiled egg with that. If I don't feel like oatmeal then I have a greek yogurt with 2 hard boild eggs :smile:
  • meghanner
    meghanner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the others. Eggs and a slice of whole grain toast or oatmeal with protein powder (or microwave egg whites into it...sounds gross but it makes VOLUMINOUS oatmeal.
  • 20qtoni
    20qtoni Posts: 2
    Options
    1 whole egg and 2 egg white omlette add sauted veggies with it but no cheese. 16 g protien. Healthy and will keep you going
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I used to eat eggs and sausage or bacon every morning, but I got burnt out on them, and I was hungry not too long after I got to work. Now breakfast is usually two packets of maple and brown sugar quaker oats, with 3 chopped up strawberries and 1/2 a chopped up bananna up in there and two small breakfast sausage links...it's great.
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the breakfast sandwich with egg whites. Or sometimes I eat just eat whites and then have a packet of Malt O Meal Raw Oatmeal and a small piece of fruit.
  • curls22207
    curls22207 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! these are all really good tips! looks like i need to get some oatmeal! lol
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator Oatmeal, also known as Overnight Porridge.

I make it as follows:

1. 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats.
    2. 1/2 cup yogurt.
    3. A little water (basically about 1/3 cup or so, enough to rinse out the yogurt from the measuring cup)
    4. Fixins' (in my case, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp baking cocoa, 1 tbsp molasses, and 1 tsp cinnamon).

Put everything in a mason jar. Stir until well-mixed. Put in refrigerator overnight.

Next morning, you'll have an easy-to-transport breakfast that can be eaten hot, cold, or lukewarm as per your preferences or needs. I throw it in my pannier bag on my bicycle and when my 14-mile commute is done, I have a solid breakfast all ready to snarf down.
  • buttahz
    buttahz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try quinoa for breakfast and scarmble it with some egg whites and a whole eg. Also people seem to think brown rice is only for lunch and dinner, I eat it for breakfast as well at times and mix it with my egg whites. Try Ezekiel bread with some natural peanut butter and a protein shake. I also make my own protein pancakes. You can find a lot of different recipes online! Hope this broadens what you can look at eating for breakfast. End of the day u can have a lunch meal for breakfast or even a breakfast meal for lunch and dinner or a snack. Just make sure it fits your macros and overall goals IMO. That's what works for me!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I do oatmeal usually. I do a cut up apple + 1/2 oats + 2 tablespoon ground flax + 1/8 cup walnuts + 1/2 teas real maple syrup + dash of cinnamon. It has 425 cal but it keeps you full forever and it has 13 grams of protein, omegas, and taste like apple pie!

If I am in a hurry I do a piece of 100% whole wheat organic bread toasted with half an avocado on it and some sea salt.
  • ashleighk123
    ashleighk123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you make breakfast sandwiches (utilizing whichever healthy ingredients you chose) you can freeze them individually and microwave for 45 seconds on your way out the door. =] It's nice because you can change up the ingredients weekly, do up a big batch on your day off and then have a tasty, filling breakfast that you just microwave. =]
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Veggie omelet..I make a big one with egg whites, the cut it in half. Then I have 1/2 for the next day.

Good luck.