nike+ gps sports watch

Options
DJ478
DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
wondering if theres any MFP members out there who hve this watch wondering if its good for activities like running,insanity,zumba,etc?

Replies

• madisonsteelex
    Options
    Don't have the watch but have the app on my phone and it's amazing for running
  • sarahjay1
    sarahjay1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have the Nike+ Sportband and only use it for running. Website is good to track progress (achievements, badges, etc)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    wondering if theres any MFP members out there who hve this watch wondering if its good for activities like running,insanity,zumba,etc?

Hi..I have the nike TomTom GPS sportwatch and it is simply fantastic for running, when used with the nike+ shoe pod system or the nike+running app. It's very much dedicated to running.

In terms of zumba etc, it will work if you have a nike shoe with the sensor placed, or if you have non-nike shoe, you can get a little pocket to attach to the shoe to place the sensor in.

I cannot,however, recommend the sport watch for any other activity except running. you can use it indoors on a treadmill and get mileage data, but this is dependant on a shoe sensor. this is where I believe zumba would fit in.

The nike+ website is fantastic.
  • DJ478
    Options
    ok i just wanted to know cause i need good sportswtch since i do dif workouts throughout the week zumba one day yoga pilates another insanity nd etc so really need one also for heart rate
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    ok i just wanted to know cause i need good sportswtch since i do dif workouts throughout the week zumba one day yoga pilates another insanity nd etc so really need one also for heart rate

in that case i'd say avoid the Nike sportwatch and go for a dedicated HRM..polar brand seems to be the standard most MFP folks suggest
  • DJ478
    Options
    oh ok yeah minly clorie counter for insnity /zumba cause i hve strp hrm
  • meglide
    meglide Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    very funny I just bought a used one of these today and took my first run with it, very good for running the Nike+ site is great for uploading the data ... from what I read the watch is compatible with a Polar Wearlink+ transmitter so supposedly you could also use it as a HR monitor

I already Polar F6 that I use for recording HR but I might buy a Wearlink+ chest strap and see if can get this Nike+ Sportswatch to record HR in addition to everything else
  • DJ478
    Options
    yes its good for running i tried it out for zumba for 20 mins and said i burned only 63 cals yet i was soaked in sweat
    (eww gross i kno lol) my husband sys its prob right so idk