Any teachers or people off for summer? Need friends!

Options
julesboots
julesboots Posts: 311 Member
Hi,

I'm a teacher, and new to the site. I'm excited and doing well right now, but am super worried about going back to work in August, and what that will do to my new, better habits. I'm wondering if there are any others out there who could use support around the same thing? If so, please add me as a friend!

Replies

• fmoran6179
    fmoran6179 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm new here too and using the summer to be more accountable for my eating. I too am worried about August when the lounge is full of junk and I have more stress and less will power. I'm hoping forming the habit of logging my food in the diary will help me then too! I don't have any friends on here yet. I'd love to.
    Thanks.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Yup! Definitely using the time off to reboot my good habits. So far, so good! I wish you luck, too!
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I'm a teacher! feel free to add me!
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hi =)

I am a teacher as well. I am hoping that I can use the summer to really instill the good habits and to build up my self control. I worry about the stress of going back and what that will do to my eating habits. I am a huge stress eater!

Feel free to add me!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I've been here for almost a year now. Last school year I packed all my food for the day, everyday. I also tried to stay away from the lounge. We even have goodie day once a month and I stopped eating that too. I like to eat clean enough that I can eat more. Good luck. If you are prepared things will go smoothly.
  • mindyrosy
    mindyrosy Posts: 38
    Options
    I am a teacher and have the opposite concern.....summer is hard for me to stay on task while the school year is much easier. Being busy in the classroom and on the go I can't eat. But....in the summer with free time - you never know what I may munch on!
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I have been going on 7 mile trail walks every morning and I'm afraid that when I start back up in the fall, my good habits will cease being a priority. Please feel free to add me and perhaps we can come up with some good ideas together.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher as well. Feel free to add me!!!
  • angela1700
    angela1700 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher as well! I am definitely worried about what is going to happen come August. I am so sick of all the yo yo dieting. I have gained and lost the same 30 lbs. over and over, and have yet to reach my goals. I feel confident this time. Feel free to add me!
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher...I find it easier to stay on task with my calories and workouts. Feel free to add me! I am going to need support in a few weeks!
  • Mizzshy1
    Mizzshy1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher off for the summer. I would love a friend add.
  • Denise835
    Denise835 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher too in Florida. Worried about returning to work on so many levels, but def related to my summer weight loss and better habits and current amount of exercise. Plus, I see a wholistic doc who measured my cortisol through a saliva test about four weeks before school got out and I was off the mark of the normal range by quite a bit....so the increased stress resulting in increased cortisol making it harder to loss/maintain, another worry about returning to work. I need some teacher friends on here too for support!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Off for the summer check
    Teacher, kinda, although I don't have the teacher title, I am an aide I do teach reading and language during the school year. Luckily our school is very health conscious and we don't often have unhealthy snacks in the lounge.
  • amk864
    amk864 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher and I agree with Mindyrosy. Summer has never been a time for significant weight loss for me. Although I have a more consistent fitness routine, after I'm done I just sit around. As was stated before, during the school year, I'm so busy with work and kids standing walking them to and from activities don't think about eating. Would love the support of fellow teachers.
  • WhoShurNan
    Options
    Brand new also! Not a teacher, but a Junior High School Secretary. I going to tell myself, I have 30 days to get myself on the right course to becoming healthier and leaner! Feel free to add me, I look forward to any and all support!
  • Hollywood1214
    Options
    i'm fairly new here too and work for the schools as an inclusion helper. I'm struggling this summer with my eating and would love to have some friends on here to help encourage.
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher. I started MFP during the school year over a year ago and was able to successfully keep it up through the summer and into the next school year. Just before school started though I found out that I was pregnant and slowly slid off the wagon. I'm hoping to get back into my routines and then keep them up when school starts back up.

I think the hardest temptation that I've had during the school year is that being an elementary teacher so many of my parents send in candy and sugary treats when they give gifts. I'm never quite sure what to do with it...eat it or give it away.

Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • lazydaisy88
    lazydaisy88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I teach and have the SAME problem! (I sent you a message!). I either do really well during the school year and stinky during the summer . . . OR . . . I am right on track during the summer and lose it all when school starts. It is SO frustrating.
  • aprice3320
    aprice3320 Posts: 26
    Options
    :smile: Hi! I'm a second grade teacher from Texas. I'm always looking for friends to help keep me on track. Feel free to add me.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher. Feel free to add me.