Total Gym ?

Options
I didn't find any Total Gym exercises in the Exercise Tab for calories burned etc. Is that possible or am I looking in the wrong places or putting the wrong things in the search box? I'm still learning about my new Total Gym - so any help would be greatly appreciated.... SaltyNovice

Replies

• alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    there are too many variables to be able to show calories burned, you would need to use HRM that counts calories for you individually. I dont have one, my routine on my total gym xls is I start with 200 mogul squats, then i do the circuit training video, then i do 30 per leg of each of the the three different options with the rope pulley. I do everything on level 4. On the days i do that, i just log 30 min circuit training which totals 200 calories. I have no idea if that is even close to accurate but I love my workouts. I am mixing it up with C25K and bicycling.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Just use Strength Training under cardio.
  • SaltyNovice
    SaltyNovice Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump Please............
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tgym
    tgym Posts: 7
    Options
    When I had questions, I got the phone # from Total Gym's main website. I had several questions to ask and they answered all of them. So I just got mine last week and I did the start up DVD, then moved to the 2nd DVD - Beginner Workout.
    So I'm guessing you didn't get any of these DVD's? Also I thought yours should have come with the deck of exercise cards that fits on top of the main column of Total Gym.
    For MyFitnessPal I found that 130 lb person burns 175 calories in 30 minutes. That's pretty close to my wgt. so that info was great for me to find. They need a chart for this at Total Gym. or at least one we can find. :) I just got lucky with the sample they gave was my wgt. I also saw demos of exercises on youtube, totalgym , etc. I've only done mine 3 days out of my first 5 days with it!
    good luck!
  • tgym
    tgym Posts: 7
    Options
    So far so good! as a new owner of the Total Gym. Glad to see someone's personal workout stated on this post.
    I have the XLS. It came with the squat board for feet, and wing attachment for pull-ups,etc.. Also came with Pilates Accessory Kit and Leg Pulley Accessory Kit. And several DVD's.
  • SaltyNovice
    SaltyNovice Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounds just like the unit I got two weeks ago. I love mine so far. I originally thought it would not be too challenging. Boy was I wrong. I'm only on level three (height of equipment) and it is a real good work out for me. And I played ball in college --- that was a while back ;)........... My biggest surprise..........how much my wife uses it. It was originally - "Where are you going to put that thing". Now it is - "Can't we just leave it out so I don't have to set it up everytime?" ................
  • tonymyles
    tonymyles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try this (you'll need to create a free membership): http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/calories-burned-total-gym-workout