anyone eat the same thing everyday?

I'm thinking about just eating the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday to make shopping and planning easier. Does anyone else do this? Has it made things easier? What do you eat? I need ideas !

Replies

• markklug
    markklug Posts: 4
    eating the same food everyday will be boring and it will make you hate those foods
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Its safe thats or sure. Eventually your body gets used to it & you may get bored. But you do whats best for you! My cousin eats the same thing daily but switched her lunch & breakfast and she started losing weightagain!
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    I pretty much do. For 2 reasons really, mainly for fuel for my workouts, and so I don't have to worry about planning meals/what I'm going to eat that day that's within my calorie goal
  • I eat oatmeal almost every morning for breakfast but I'll switch it up. Like, one morning I'll have chocolate oats with coconut butter and the next day carrot cake oats and then another day I'll have apple cinnamon oats with PB :) But, I love my oats!
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    I eat the same thing for breakfast (oatmeal with raisins and cinammon and an egg) and lunch (two chicken breasts and a salad and sometimes a soup). Dinner I will stick to the same kinds of foods most night (chicken/fish/turkey + green veggie + some fruit). This makes it very easy for me to not stray. I also don't really get bored of eating the same food though so that helps a lot.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    After a few days, I get a little bored so here's what I do:

I make a sausage spinach casserole breakfast dish in a pie plate. Makes six servings. This lasts longer than a week because sometimes I don't eat breakfast.

I make another casserole or dish that has anywhere from 4-8 servings. After I've eaten it the first night/afternoon, I place the leftovers in individual tupperware containers according to the serving size. When I run out, I make something new!

I always have low carb tortillas and cheese, so I either make a quesadilla or hamburger wrap if I feel like eating later in the day.

Extra calories? I snack on almonds, drink coffee with heavy cream, or munch on veggies.

I almost hit my macros every day, so so far, this has been working! Another plus: I know what's in my fridge/freezer and by keeping track of how much leftovers I have, I can start thawing meats in the fridge a day or two in advance for when I need to prepare my next dish.

This also allows me to be able to fill in tomorrow's food diary to keep me on track!
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Personally I go through my list of recipes and things every weekend and pick a breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the entire week. Then I prep everything Sunday night so that all I have to do is reheat and assemble each day. I find that I don't get bored since I switch it up every week. With my work schedule sometimes I don't get home to eat dinner until almost 11pm, so if I don't have a set plan and food essentially ready for me to eat I'll come home and just make convenience foods like nachos or something.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 419 Member
    Breakfasts are usually the same cause i know what's in them and lunches are usually left overs frm the night before i.e. make sufficient so i don't have to worry about what I'm buying at the local sandwhich or fish and chip shop
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    I wouldn't eat the same foods every day you'll get sick of eatting them and it'll make it harder for you to stay on course with your weight loss goals.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    I think when you're starting out this is a good way to do it. I still eat pretty much the same breakfast each day, and often the same snacks, dinners etc.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    I eat the same lunch everyday since it's just easier for me to pack and then go to school, but trying to have variety for dinner is good too ;x.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    People are saying you shouldn't do it because you will get tired of eating the same thing. But, there's no reason why you can't plan to eat the same thing, do it...and then when you get bored, change it, go with that, get bored, change again...then eventually you go back to a previous meal plan. Doing that you will eventually build up a repertoire of healthy food options to choose from (but you will do that in a way that is easiest for you). So, it's a simple way of finding a healthy eating lifestyle, building on it over time (just at a slower pace).
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    I alternate one day it's:-

Oats so easy, coffee, actimel and pint of water...

next day it's:-

hard boiled egg, 1slice toast, actimel and pint of water

Lunch:-
    is always cottage cheese (salt and peppered) 6 saltine crackers, plain yogurt and fruit, coffee and pint of water.

Evening meals what ever i want to eat. works for me (I think).
  • my breakfast is usually pretty much the same.

carbs: toast or muffins
    and
    Fruit: usually strawberries, because they are my favorite, but sometimes kiwi or a 1/2 banana.

if i don't eat some sort of carb in the AM i get hungry too soon before lunch.

i read somewhere that eating the same thing in the morning is best because you already have a plan, so you stray less with snacks, or bad choices. sounds reasonable to me.

i like stuff i don't have to heat up, incase i run behind. i make muffins the night before and bag them. and cut up my fruits and put in containers. i don't buy instore muffins, they are so high in cals!! if i'm not running behind i'll make toast.

i've been eating this way for a LOOONG time, even before my "diet". just makes things easier in the AM when i'm in a rush. and i can plan my calories for the rest of the day, those are a known and come right off the top.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    I eat the same thing almost daily both because it's easy and cause I enjoy what I eat. Every now and again I will eat something different just to change things up but I'm usually pretty quick to go back to my normal stuff.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    I work night shift, so I have my first meal of the day at around 1am.. for that i usually have the same thing- an apple, or other piece of fruit, a Chobani, and 1 cup of special k red berries cereal ( no milk). been doing it for a while now and i'm not bored yet.. the rest of the day changes.
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    yes i eat pretty much the same, protein drinks of different flavors, always readybrek for breakfast, chicken for lunch and tea most days, but it wont be identical, as i will use varied marinades and cook a selection of low fat low carb high protein curry's, always have mixed veg and rice fusions, i find this a easy way to diet as not much thought is needed
  • jsukhan
    jsukhan Posts: 149 Member
    I've been eating the same thing for breakfast, cereal for most of my life.
    Every sunday I make something with five servings and that is my lunch for the week. Most of the things I make for supper have at least 4 servings. I'm used to cooking large amounts, hate cooking for one.
    I like my cooking and don't mind leftovers so it works for me.
    I have enough recipies that I can go almost two months before I am repeating lunch so I don;t get bored.
    Do what works for you, and helps you reach your goals.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Well, I'm a single guy who spends most of his days outside at university or outside in general. So when I cook I usually cook big batches that'll last me a while. My MFP friends are used to seeing the same EXACT thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner for multiple days (upto a week sometimes). I am currently losing at 1 lb per week and because I include carbs, protein, fats and decent amount of fruits in my diet I don't have any health issues so far
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    I eat the same things every day too. I change it up at dinner, or maybe swap in a different snack, but I have a basic set of foods that work for me, that I love eating, and I don't get bored.

I got the idea of limiting the range of foods I eat from a TV documentary I saw called "Ten Things You Need to Know... " in which a well-known UK doctor analysed out a whole bunch of weight loss tips to find out which ones worked from a scientific basis, and then tested them out on various people, using a control group each time. I thought it was great. In case you're interested, the ten things are:

Dont skip meals
    Use a smaller plate
    Count calories
    Don't blame your metabolism
    Eat more protein to feel fuller longer
    Eat soup for the same reason
    Limit the range of foods you eat
    Low fat dairy helps you excrete more fat
    Exercise keeps you burning fat even while you sleep
    Keep moving around to lose weight