So what do you do when you blow it?

Options
2»

Replies

• boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you pick up where you left off, you probably won't even notice that you did it. Don't be so hard on yourself.

You are not a victim of circumstance, and you have nothing to feel guilty about. This weekend you chose comfort over weight loss. Good for you. It sounds like you want to begin choosing weight loss over comfort again. Good for you. Make your choices knowing the real consequences and benefits and be happy with what you do. Don't walk this journey out of guilt, or you will get sick of feeling guilty and just quit.

One other thing, it doesn't really matter what you weigh next week. It matters what you weigh in five years. Live your life right now in a way you can see living your life in five years. If you can't do that, you will likely fail. I know that sounds harsh. On the other hand if you can figure out how to be healthy and happy all at the same time, then lifetime success is yours. Isn't that awesome!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    just move on. ACTION, not inaction and regret.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I blew it yesterday. I ate enough to make myself sick. I just hit the reset button...day 1 go.

But I'm making a lifestyle change for life. There will be setbacks, there will be bumps in the road.

One thing that always comes to mind when I need to push the reset button, it's my Grandma saying "It's not how hard you fall, it's how quick you get back up."
  • ccj424
    ccj424 Posts: 30
    Options
    I've learned to forget it happened.... and move on.. pretend like it's day 1 (I'm always excited and all into it on day 1) lol

Haha, I do this all the time!

As for motivation, maybe you could do something for like, 10 minutes. Then, if your energy goes up, do someone else for longer. When I exercise, I get more energy. Sure, I feel dead tired by the end of it all, but I have an energy spike for about 1 1/2 hours. I'm not sure if it happens to everyone, but it's worth a try, right?
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You can't beat yourself up about it. It happens, your human and it's not the end of the world. Nike! If you're consistent and persistent, 90% of the time, it won't even cause a ripple in the long run. :o)
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You didn't blow it unless you quit! Learn from it and move on!

This! Excellent.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    What? No one's got jokes yet?
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If im being completely honest...If I blow my day and I dont consider it a free-for-all no worry about limits day, I puke. It's very unhealthy and also Ironic.
  • SolarLibra
    SolarLibra Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cry, do some boxing, then try to learn from my mistake.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

LOL :))
  • SKIPPER
    SKIPPER Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I blow it.....I beat myself up big time, until I fall asleep. I start over in the morning and feel good about the new day!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You didn't blow it unless you quit! Learn from it and move on!

Truth :)
  • SKIPPER
    SKIPPER Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anyone still up? I just ate everything in sight....after "being good" all day and going for a walk! This is my pattern!
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

No kidding! That was the only reason I clicked.

cough swallow cough