Calling all new friends - anyone from MELB AUS?

Options
dhiannon
dhiannon Posts: 111 Member
Hi all,

Just wondering if there is anyone around from Melbourne Australia?

Just thought it would be ncie to meet some new people, get active and go out for walks, sports, classes etc.
This may be a good way to get me off the couch to do more :)

For anyone else anywhere in the world I am always open to new friends. We can all support each other, give advice, be there when we want to throw in the towel etc, congratulate etc :)

If you would like to add me please do :)

"We're all in this together" :)

Replies

• Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Hi!!

I am not from Melbourne, but I am in Australia... Freezing cold Canberra :)

Feel free to add me! All up I want to lose around 40kg, already part way there! Yay!
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Feel free to add me.

Im from Melbourne on this freezing cold day.

Cheers, Lyndall :smile:
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Domi_BTGfit Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm a Melbourne chick too - 29yo.

I have lost 22kg so far / 112.5cm, but still another 10kg or so to go until I reach my goal weight. I'm really focusing on size though... I started at size 18 and am now just starting to fit into 12's. I'd like to reach a small size 12, but no less.

I look forward to hearing more about all of you too! What are your goals? What are your strengths with your loss regime?
  • dhiannon
    Options
    Domi 22kg - That's amazing! Congratualtions :)

I started at a size 16-18 and I too want to get to a size 12. My personal trainer tells me that my goal weight is 68-72kg and I am 169cm tall so that would make me a size 10. Personally that's a little to small for me I'd be happy with a 12.

I am getting married in Nov and that has motivated me to lose the weight but its not the only reason. I suffer from anxiety and I have noticed the more active I am the more I can control it. 7 years ago I was a size 18-20 and something snapped one day and I joined a gym and lost a hell of a lot of weight eventually I was in a size 14. The only problem with that was I only focused on cardio and as soon as I stopped going the weight piled back on, I felt like crap and it was a vicious cycle.

This time (I started on 1st Jan) I am being smart about it because i WONT be putting it back on. I am working out with both cardio and weight. I have a Personal Trainer that I work with twice a week (best PT in Melton) and I also do a boxing class on a saturday morning. The rest is up to me. I have a cross trainer at home which I use to burn calories (30-45) on the days I dont train but other than that I just eat healthy (as best as I can - i do have the occassional hick up) and stay as active as I can.

A friend said to me once _ move more and eat less. That has stuck with me so here I am.

I know PT sessions can be expensive however I found a great trainer who groups some of us together to make it cheaper. If anyone is in the Melton area and would be interested let me know and I can pass on the details. :)

I have lost 12 kilos and I have another 14 to go (currently 87) but I will get there :)
  • dhiannon
    Options

I started at a size 16-18 and I too want to get to a size 12. My personal trainer tells me that my goal weight is 68-72kg and I am 169cm tall so that would make me a size 10. Personally that's a little to small for me I'd be happy with a 12.

I am getting married in Nov and that has motivated me to lose the weight but its not the only reason. I suffer from anxiety and I have noticed the more active I am the more I can control it. 7 years ago I was a size 18-20 and something snapped one day and I joined a gym and lost a hell of a lot of weight eventually I was in a size 14. The only problem with that was I only focused on cardio and as soon as I stopped going the weight piled back on, I felt like crap and it was a vicious cycle.

This time (I started on 1st Jan) I am being smart about it because i WONT be putting it back on. I am working out with both cardio and weight. I have a Personal Trainer that I work with twice a week (best PT in Melton) and I also do a boxing class on a saturday morning. The rest is up to me. I have a cross trainer at home which I use to burn calories (30-45) on the days I dont train but other than that I just eat healthy (as best as I can - i do have the occassional hick up) and stay as active as I can.

A friend said to me once _ move more and eat less. That has stuck with me so here I am.

I know PT sessions can be expensive however I found a great trainer who groups some of us together to make it cheaper. If anyone is in the Melton area and would be interested let me know and I can pass on the details. :)

I have lost 12 kilos and I have another 14 to go (currently 87) but I will get there :)
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm in Melbourne and keen to organise some activities too. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    I only just saw this post! Thank you, it's been really helpful having this app on my iPhone, as there's no excuse not to be on top of my weight gain/loss + eating habits + exercise.

I adjusted my nutrition and fitness mid-last year (July) but didn't REALLY give it a good go until January this year - like you! I went overseas 3 times last year between June-Dec and I ate myself into oblivion! LOL. First was a 2 week cruise with many a buffet and as much as you can manage to drink with just a stumble back to your cabin... then 3 weeks in America (need I saw more about the fatty food and portions?!) and then a few weeks in Italy for Xmas - SO MUCH PASTA! I came home a very large size 16 and feeling just horrible in all ways.

I joined my local gym (half a block from my office) and I worked my way up from 1-2 times per week, to 3-4 times per week and now I'm *trying* to do 5-6 days pw with alternative days on cardio and weights. I'm 172cm and went from 96.7kg down to 74kg in just under 12 months and although I thought I wanted to lose another 12kg, my focus is now just one more dress size and NOT on kilos. I'm on a protein based diet atm (I hate the word "diet") and I work out well. I don't under-eat in volume, but I am having trouble keeping my calories up to the minimum 1200 daily - I will find the balance soon! I'm super healthy, I'm full of energy and I'm just happier in general.

With the right support, we'll all reach our goals, as we all know how it feels to be unhappy with ourselves. Just make sure you're doing it for you :))

You will be amazing for your wedding! I'm celebrating my 4th wedding anniversary with my husband next week and I'm FINALLY back to my wedding weight. Now, I'm just working on getting back to my engagement party weight, as that was my favourite size.

Time to get to the gym! x
  • deer37
    deer37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

hi there! i am from melbourne and am also getting married! not til october 2013 though but then again, i have lots more to lose than you do!

i am currently 50kgs overweight, but am looking to lose the first 18kgs and then work on the rest....

xo
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    Oh wow, that's great! Awww, I wish I could be planning my wedding again - it was awesome :))

50kg sounds like a lot, but is completely attainable with realistic short term goals. The fact you're giving yourself a 15 month head start is the best way to do it. Focus on 2-3kg per month and you will hit your 18kg target in no time. Then allow yourself 1-2kg per month goals - if you hit higher, then that is great, but if you dont, then you're not disappointed.

Everyone's bodies work a slightly diff way, so what works for one doesn't mean it will work for all. Just do what feels only slightly uncomfortable and accept advice if/when you want it.

You can do it! :))