Fans of Les Mills Pump?

Options

Replies

• gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, there's a home system? I didn't know that! I just heard there was "works" of getting on, but cool that it happened. Pump was my first lifting class years ago. Then I switched gyms and didn't have Les Mills programs so I stopped lifting. I miss those classes sooo much!

yes, they went in with BeachBody and it was released at the beginning of the year. It's actually pretty affordable, if you're looking for an at home program like this I do recommend it.

Grrrr - I forgot about that. haha I hate BeachBody. I only have P90X because I seriously think the concept is amazing. As far as the other stuff. Heh. I try not to support them as much as I can.
  • lindylou73
    lindylou73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym but only go to one pump class a week, the others are at times not suitable, just curious how do people log pump is it strength or cardio?
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just did my first class last night...it was awesome! It was really hard, but not boring at all so it didn't feel like a weight lifting workout. I have P90X at home too and I end up getting so bored after the first week or two that I stop and I'm still too intimidated to hitting the free weight section at my gym so I figured I'd give the Body Pump class a try. I'm hooked! I can only attend twice a week, but I'll be doing cardio 4 days and one rest day. Can I still join the challenge?
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another round of Les Mills Pump! Fell off the last few weeks, but now I'm ready to get back on. With summer coming up and a vacation planned for October, I need all the motivation I can get. I'm starting over from the begining this week and doing Turbo Fire/Pump/C25K combo.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I am planning on startin on the 21st as well!!!!!!!!!! Message sent!
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I log it as cardio general and for 30 minutes instead of 60. I don't have a heart rate monitor yet so I try to guess low on the calories burned. A few years Les Mills put out some info about how many calories were burned by the average person taking body pump and they said it was 411. They also said that it was lower for women than for men. One day I'll get a heart rate monitor and be able to have a better idea of what I am burning.

Study by Les Mills (Check out page 48 for the info): http://www.lesmills.com/files/globalcentral/Agents/Research/Program Research/BODYPUMP Research Report.pdf
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I just did my first class last night...it was awesome! It was really hard, but not boring at all so it didn't feel like a weight lifting workout. I have P90X at home too and I end up getting so bored after the first week or two that I stop and I'm still too intimidated to hitting the free weight section at my gym so I figured I'd give the Body Pump class a try. I'm hooked! I can only attend twice a week, but I'll be doing cardio 4 days and one rest day. Can I still join the challenge?

Of course! You sound very motivated!
  • amccord2
    Options
    I'm in for another round of Les Mills Pump! Fell off the last few weeks, but now I'm ready to get back on. With summer coming up and a vacation planned for October, I need all the motivation I can get. I'm starting over from the begining this week and doing Turbo Fire/Pump/C25K combo.

Wow! What a hybrid! You are going to look fabulous for that October vacation!
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Wow! What a hybrid! You are going to look fabulous for that October vacation!

Thank you!!! You are such a great motivator!!! Thank you for starting another challenge!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy for you to add me to this challenge, although I'm not entirely new to this
  • DeckerDoll
    DeckerDoll Posts: 201
    Options
    I did my first class tonight and LOVED it. I needed this!
  • amccord2
    Options
    Happy for you to add me to this challenge, although I'm not entirely new to this

Experienced pumpers welcome! Consider yourself added!
  • kbrooks323
    kbrooks323 Posts: 22
    Options
    I've been taking Body Pump classes for the past 3 years. I recently moved and now the closest gym offering the classes is 45 minutes away. I don't know about you guys, but that just seems like WAY too far to drive, especially when you're used to a 10 minute drive to the gym! I found out that Beachbody makes a Les Mills Pump Workout DVD and immediately purchased it! This is definitely the best purchase I have ever made! I always loved the group workout environment, but I can honestly say that Beachbody Pump Workout is the way to go!

Has anyone else tried out Beachbody's Les Mills Pump Workout?
  • hrtotten
    hrtotten Posts: 26
    Options
    I did the 90 day Les Mills Pump Challenge starting in January and lost 9 lbs and 9 inches that month. Love it! I then got sick and had to reduce the lbs and that had an effect on my results, but I still was able to lean out a ton. I'm still doing it a couple of times a week in conjunction with Turbofire. :) I'm a trainer at a health and healing retreat in Destin, Florida in October so I need to get in shape for it!
  • felicha25
    felicha25 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a fan of les mills pump. I am currently on pump and purn, but I wanted to know what your results from it were?
  • dmgwalsh
    dmgwalsh Posts: 11
    Options
    I am just finishing up P90X2 and will start doing Les Mills Pump this Saturday. I have the dvds and am looking forward to this. I would like to lose a little fat and retain or gain more muscle.
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm just two weeks in to Pump (home system) and loving it so far. I've attempted P90X before, but found that it was aggravating a previous injury (broke my ankle in three places in 2011), so I wanted to focus on strengthening without the impact of P90X (the goal being to complete a full cycle of P90X next).

So far I'm really enjoying Pump - the flexibility of being able to work in the cardio of my choice is great, since I'm also working on becoming a runner (Did my first 5K in June, and have 5 more races planned for 2012 - pretty much one per month for the rest of the year).

What has become even more evident than ever with this program is "You can't outtrain a crappy diet." Even though I'm typically staying within my calorie allotment, I know I've been too low on protein/high on carbs lately - and it's showing.

Planning on doing the full 90 day cycle, and probably the additional 30 day cycle with the supplemental DVD set.

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's feedback on the program.
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm also getting started with Les Mills Pump - I've been hearing such great things - I'm feeling it today though :) I hope to see the progress with myself that everyone else has been seeing. I have done Turbo Fire and had great results, but have a healing foot injury I'm working with right now, so I figured Pump would be a good way to incorporate some strength training and work on some fat loss :) i look forward to hearing how everyone else is doing!
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 6 of Pump and just had my first Pump Revolution session. Oh dear lord am I sore! I like the videos a lot but until I really upped the weights and started pushing myself I wasn't seeing the results I wanted. Now I push myself so that I am at failure at the end of each set and it is working a lot better.
  • dmgwalsh
    dmgwalsh Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm on Week 6 of Pump and just had my first Pump Revolution session. Oh dear lord am I sore! I like the videos a lot but until I really upped the weights and started pushing myself I wasn't seeing the results I wanted. Now I push myself so that I am at failure at the end of each set and it is working a lot better.

I am only doing Pump and Burn so far. I am afraid to add too much weight. Currently at a total of 40 pounds for each move. I could probably up it for a few but then might not be able to finish. I know everyone is different but what did you up yours to?