Who knew?

Options
GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
Who knew that eating ONE item of junk food could throw a body out of whack?
I ate one small walnut brownie yesterday, and uggggggghhhh....I had stomach cramps all night.
I used to eat three or four without even batting an eyelash...I guess that's my body's way of telling me "HEY!!! I don't like that mess, knock it off!"

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Who knew that eating ONE item of junk food could throw a body out of whack?
    I ate one small walnut brownie yesterday, and uggggggghhhh....I had stomach cramps all night.
    I used to eat three or four without even batting an eyelash...I guess that's my body's way of telling me "HEY!!! I don't like that mess, knock it off!"
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    SO true!! The other night i had those pizza roll up things.....which i don't even like, but i was having a moment:grumble: and all night my stomach felt sick, even into the next day!! I'm with ya, before i started eating right i probably could have ate the entire box and felt fine! You know you are doing something right when your body doesn't like the processed foods anymore!:happy:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    It also throws me off in a different way. If I eat, say 1 brownie, then the next day I want another one. If I don't eat it, then I don't even think of it as food. :bigsmile:
    I've been a veggie for a very long time. When people ask me, "aren't you tempted to eat such and such", I say about as much as I'm tempted to eat a cricket. To me, it's not food, to others, it is. Sodas have been off my food list for a long time as well.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I had a cheeseburger at the Diner yesterday (trying to cure my hangover!) and I felt nauseas the rest of the day! Like toxic shock for the system!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    had that fried dough yesterday and paying for it today...it was soooo good but I'm glad its hurting me now...teach me a lesson or two LOL...

hugs!
    Ali
  • ali106
    Options

I've been a veggie for a very long time. When people ask me, "aren't you tempted to eat such and such", I say about as much as I'm tempted to eat a cricket. To me, it's not food, to others, it is. Sodas have been off my food list for a long time as well.

I've often think about trying this lifestyle....my youngest brother is, he was first a very strick vegan but now he eats dairy too. He is rail thin too...but I think that's his metabolism and rock star lifestyle...clean livn and lots of gigs LOL....

How long have you been doing it for any advice?

hugs!
    Ali
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    It also throws me off in a different way. If I eat, say 1 brownie, then the next day I want another one. If I don't eat it, then I don't even think of it as food. :bigsmile:

I actually like a lot of vegetarian foods and I feel really good when I eat mostly vegetarian stuff. I do eat lean meat once in awhile but I have been eating a lot of Salads and Amy's/Morningstar Farms products and I really like them.

One week, without even realizing it, I had gone the entire week without eating meat and it hit me that I could easily do it. I mean, I hadn't even realized it!
  • grinningkat
    grinningkat Posts: 14
    Options
    I did no meat for about 3 months 5 years ago. I decided to switch back for some reason I can't remember now but I distinclty being able to remember smelling meat on people when they came near. Like, if they had just had a steak there was a repulsive bloody smell.

I've now completely given up red meat and only eat lean white breast poultry and fish.
  • ali106
    Options
    yes I'm not a big red meat fan...or meat in general actually that's why I think I could possibly do it...the things that will be hard are like chicken broths, and I HATE tofu....sooo hmmm maybe I'll stick w/ just chicken and fish and the occasional red meat....its always in the back of my head though....ya know?!

hugs!
    Ali....

LOL@smelling the meat on people....wow!!! like a reformed smoker towards smoke....interesting!:wink:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    about the eating processed food....

i havent drink any soda in years... and a couple weeks ago, i dunno what it took me but at a party i took one, lack of other things to drink. and i almost gaged it out, it tasted toxic, like if someone was asking me to drink pure toilet cleaner. years ago i used to drink orange sodas allll the time. i could not believe it and i was very surprised,

everybody looked at me as if i was from mars, i though i was making it up, or that i though i was being snob ......

may
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat or drink like I used to. I had a diet coke the other day and I had like 4 sips of it and gave the rest to my husband. It tasted horrible to me! I used to down that stuff all the time. Now I drink so much water and I feel so great because of it that it is hard to drink anything else. Sometimes I drink iced tea and I have my morning cup o joe, but that is it.

And eating better foods has become such a part of my life! I think I have had a fry or two here and there and the grease makes me sick! I think I have detoxed from all the crap and my body won't allow it anymore. It's a good thing!! (As Martha Stewart would say)