proper summer eating

Options
I am wondering how everyone manages to get their proper calorie intake throughout the summer time? I can't seem to get myself to eat twice a day let alone 4-5 when it is hot. How bad is this for me and what can I do to help me eat the calories I need to help me burn what I need??? Any suggestions?

Replies

• CynthiaAnnGA
    Options
    I try not to worry about all the meals during the day. I eat when I'm hungry ( only the good foods) & drink when I'm thirsty. I'm just getting started, but I'm trying.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Summer, fall, winter, spring. It is all the same to me. I eat when I am hungry. I don't eat when I am not hungry.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat 4-5 meals. If getting your calories in by eating 2 meals works for you, then do it. In the summer take advantage of all the fresh foods available. Eating chilled fruit, crisp salads and other cool dishes may make you feel better.
  • jnsangel33
    jnsangel33 Posts: 49
    Options
    Summer, fall, winter, spring. It is all the same to me. I eat when I am hungry. I don't eat when I am not hungry.
    And you have been successful with your weight loss, I see. I have always been told I either eat too much or I don't eat enough. That is why I am most concerned in the summer as I find sometimes all I can do is consume liquids as opposed to actually eating.
  • jnsangel33
    Options
    You don't have to eat 4-5 meals. If getting your calories in by eating 2 meals works for you, then do it. In the summer take advantage of all the fresh foods available. Eating chilled fruit, crisp salads and other cool dishes may make you feel better.
    This is good advice. Thank you! :)
  • jnsangel33
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight for years. I was successful with weight watchers but it gets so time consuming trying to calculate all of my points and figuring out what I can and can't eat to meet my goal for the day, etc. Now I am having a very difficult time finding what works for me w/out trying extreme diet measures. It sucks, really!!