calling all vegetarians!

Options
Ever since I actually started paying attention to my macros and realized it was crucial to watch them in order to see my abs, I noticed I eat way too many carbs and not enough protein. So vegetarians, what do you eat to keep your carb intake low and protein intake high?

Replies

• kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I eat black bean burgers, seitan, quinoa, cottage cheese...these foods are some of my favorites! I try to only eat past 1 - 2 times a week and eat lots of veggies! Good luck!
  • comeon_skinnylove
    Options
    You mean pasta? Haha. Thank you!
  • CHELSEASTRAUB
    Options
    Vegetarian or vegan? I get my protein from egg whites in the morning (50 cals per 6 tbsps). Always keeps me full, especially when I combine it with something fiber-y.

That gives me a lot of protein in the morning, and then I usually eat a protein bar. Yeah they're on the sugary side so I could probably do better ha.. but a good one is the Nature Valley Dark Chocolate Almond Peanut Protein bar (190 cals, lots of protein). Other times I just grab one on my way out of the gym at their cafe. They always have generic protein bars, though they usually cause my protein limit to exceed on this website. Not sure if that's something to watch..
    Anyway yeah my basic go to's are egg whites and nuts!

Also I guess I'm a little pescetarian, an in I cheat a little with salmon sometimes. So that helps.