New and Determined to lose 32 Pounds!

Options
Hello everyone!

I have been battling weight issues ever since I can remember. I have finally made up in my mind that I am going to live a healthier lifestyle and motivate myself to lose weight, eat better and exercise as part of my "new" lifestyle.

So far I have joined a gym (on Nov. 5th) and I have lost 8lbs. I am trying to eat a 1200 calorie diet, but on some days I go over :sad: and I am educating myself on the best foods for my body and incorporating more fruits, veggies and fiber into my diet. I know I have a long road ahead of me, but I am determined and focused to see this through!

Replies

• Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!! :happy:

254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I have been battling weight issues ever since I can remember. I have finally made up in my mind that I am going to live a healthier lifestyle and motivate myself to lose weight, eat better and exercise as part of my "new" lifestyle.

So far I have joined a gym (on Nov. 5th) and I have lost 8lbs. I am trying to eat a 1200 calorie diet, but on some days I go over :sad: and I am educating myself on the best foods for my body and incorporating more fruits, veggies and fiber into my diet. I know I have a long road ahead of me, but I am determined and focused to see this through!

Congrats to you on your success!! 1200 is very low & I find it very hard to meet that goal everyday. I love that we can "earn" more calories to eat by incorporating exercise! I don't know how I'd do it otherwise!! But, by using MFP it as a guideline & making the good changes that you are, you're sure to continue to be successful! Keep your foucs & goals in sight! You'll do great!
  • starchild0612
    Options
    Good luck! Don't get sidetracked with the holidays...if you do slip a little just hop back on the next day (life is for living a little bit, after all!)!!

232371.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jakstamp
    Options
    Hi there ... I am in the same boat as you!

I am turning 30 this March and it hit me that I have been saying that this was the year I was going to get really fit (and stay that way) since I was about 21 years old !!!

For the last 9 years I have had really good periods where I have been super trim and healthy, but it never seems to stick. And I have had it. So this is it .. I am also considering myself new and determined and I am going to lose this excess weight before my birthday and KEEP IT OFF. 30 is my year! haha. Corny but it's true.

Anyhow ... I was originally 164, weighed myself today and I am 157. I am really trying to get to 140 and stick there, I think that is always the best weight for me. I look lean but healthy.

I just joined a gym in early November too, and I am also trying to eat 1200 cal a day. It can be pretty hard to do, so don't worry if you occasionally go over, so long as you are eating healthy and exercising!

Congrats on the sucess so far, GOOD LUCK I hope we both do it and keep on track :)
  • poeticjustice_2001
    Options
    Awesome! Good luck and remember- we all have have bad days, the key to success is to brush it off and get back on track right away :bigsmile:

286730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement! I see that some of you have lost 40+ pounds. That seems so impossible for me, but to see that it is ACCOMPLISHED makes me want to try even harder to enter to the 40 pound loss club! I am so obsessed with the scale and everyday I would weigh myself and didn't loose NOTHING. I could tell that my clothes fit a bit looser but I wanted the scaled to witness it also. So finally I weighed my self and the scale started smiling back at me....for some reason that scale is evidence that I am doing something right. Thanks again for the warm and fuzzy welcome and I look forward to chatting with all on this journey I am taking.
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    8 pounds in 19 days...AWESOME! CONGRATS! Keep it up :bigsmile:
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Hi there ... I am in the same boat as you!

I am turning 30 this March and it hit me that I have been saying that this was the year I was going to get really fit (and stay that way) since I was about 21 years old !!!

For the last 9 years I have had really good periods where I have been super trim and healthy, but it never seems to stick. And I have had it. So this is it .. I am also considering myself new and determined and I am going to lose this excess weight before my birthday and KEEP IT OFF. 30 is my year! haha. Corny but it's true.

Anyhow ... I was originally 164, weighed myself today and I am 157. I am really trying to get to 140 and stick there, I think that is always the best weight for me. I look lean but healthy.

I just joined a gym in early November too, and I am also trying to eat 1200 cal a day. It can be pretty hard to do, so don't worry if you occasionally go over, so long as you are eating healthy and exercising!

Congrats on the sucess so far, GOOD LUCK I hope we both do it and keep on track :)
    Thanks for your post! With us being dtermined SOMETHING will happen. I'm just can't wait to see the fruit from my hard labor. The key for me is logging my food and counting calories. I can't believe the calorie intake I had at first. No wonder I am in this situation. Congrats to you on the weight loss and I look forward to hearing when you shed more pounds! That will be additional motivation for me. Good Luck!
  • jakstamp
    Options
    Hi badgirlstl .. just thought I would say hi and see how you are doing with logging your food and your new gym program?

I am doing OK ... I have been trying to eat really well but unfortunately haven't been able to exercise much. I got rear ended a few weeks ago and my back is all messed up. I went to the chiropractor on Friday and he told me to lay off the exercise for a few weeks to give my back a chance to get better ( I kept going to my ball hockey games and spin classes after the accident and apparently made it worse .. whoops). So I am pretty concerned that I won't be able to do any exrcise for a few weeks but I guess that just means my diet has to be really clean. I haven't lost any more weight since my last post to your thread but at least I haven't gained any! Trying to be optimistic here HAHA

Anyhow, hope all is going well with you and your motivation is still strong- I am gearing myself up for an extremely healthy week so reading these posts has me fired up again!

Have a great week!
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Heeeey Jakstamp. Well I am sorry to hear your bad new, get better soon and don't be sneaking exercising till you get the doctor's order. I have bad news too. I recently got laid off work and I was down about that....but I have up'd my time at the gym (since I don't have a job) and I have been slacking with logging my calories because I had to get internet services for home. I'm through with my pity party and I am starting next week off better mentally, at the gym and logging my food intake. I finally took my measurements, because the scale wasn't too kind to me. I was shocked to see that I was sheding the inches...yay. So I am trying and trying to get the scale to be my friend...lol That sucks that you can't work out, but you will be back in the gym shortly and typing me of your success! Get well soon!!!
    Hi badgirlstl .. just thought I would say hi and see how you are doing with logging your food and your new gym program?

I am doing OK ... I have been trying to eat really well but unfortunately haven't been able to exercise much. I got rear ended a few weeks ago and my back is all messed up. I went to the chiropractor on Friday and he told me to lay off the exercise for a few weeks to give my back a chance to get better ( I kept going to my ball hockey games and spin classes after the accident and apparently made it worse .. whoops). So I am pretty concerned that I won't be able to do any exrcise for a few weeks but I guess that just means my diet has to be really clean. I haven't lost any more weight since my last post to your thread but at least I haven't gained any! Trying to be optimistic here HAHA

Anyhow, hope all is going well with you and your motivation is still strong- I am gearing myself up for an extremely healthy week so reading these posts has me fired up again!

Have a great week!
  • bkegurl36
    bkegurl36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new to this as of today and I am really excited to use it! I already love all of the options it gives you! I can see this as a huge helper in my weight loss journey. I am going through a divorce right now and am stressed out so much more than I could of imagined! About two months ago I started going to the gym at 5am (which I must say I am not a morning girl at all) and it has really made a huge difference in my life already! I was watching what I was eating, but I thought if I am keeping track of my food and calories burned it will be easier to make it to my goal! I am anxious to lose the other 65 pounds I want to lose! I figure before I go back into the crazy dating world I might as well have my hot body back from high school!!
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Welcome! I came to this site becuase I needed a tool to keep me honest and to track my food intake and progress. I read a few stories that inspired me so much to the point where I BELIEVE that I can accomplish my goals if I just stay consistent and true to my goals. So go ahead and shed those pounds and find you a new man! Good luck!
    Hello everyone! I am new to this as of today and I am really excited to use it! I already love all of the options it gives you! I can see this as a huge helper in my weight loss journey. I am going through a divorce right now and am stressed out so much more than I could of imagined! About two months ago I started going to the gym at 5am (which I must say I am not a morning girl at all) and it has really made a huge difference in my life already! I was watching what I was eating, but I thought if I am keeping track of my food and calories burned it will be easier to make it to my goal! I am anxious to lose the other 65 pounds I want to lose! I figure before I go back into the crazy dating world I might as well have my hot body back from high school!!
  • bkegurl36
    bkegurl36 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love this site so far! It really makes you feel like you can accomplish anything!! It is so helpful too, I would always start writing down my calories and track my exercise and food, but it is such a hastle to look up how many calories are in everything! I know I can stick with this site! Thanks for your support!! What do you eat for dinners?! I am good in the snack area, but I never know what to do for meals!!