Am I on the right track?

Today is one of those "down days" when I feel like nothing is going right. It's one of those days when I keep looking at my food diary and wonder if I'm doing something completely wrong (weight's gone up over the past few days). If someone has a couple of minutes, would you mind glancing through. I'm beginning to think I need outside perspective to get over this bump.

Replies

• debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    aim for 100grams of protein and keep carbs 50-100 each day. I tell everyone to google the primal blueprint. it's worth it!
  • I would love to offer some support....however, I'm having the same problem. I have been on a very low calorie diet for about 3 weeks now drinking mostly protein shakes and have actually upped the scale. I have been limiting the carbs and focusing on mostly protein. It's very depressing. However, I too am wondering what the heck is going on. I can't cut my food intake back anymore...I think I am going to boost my calories and start an intense workout routine. Maybe that will boost metabolism and shed some lbs. How long have you been on the plan?
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    I was assuming you worked out? I work out 4-5x's a week and eating primal is making me look like I work out. I used to be one of those regulars who slowly gained weight every year. Now people come up to me and ask how come I look so fit. It's the way I 'm eating. Don't eat a low calorie diet. I try for 1200-1500 b/c i'm only 5 2. Anything less than 1200 will mess up your metabolism...
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    How long have you been at it? Any recent changes in exercise? Sick? Any of those things could make a difference.
  • I don't think you are eating enough. If you are eating less than 1200 calories and working out like you are, your body is going to go into starvation mode and cling to the weight. You have to eat enough to lose weight - I know it sounds weird, but it's true. I never eat less than 1200 and when I work out, I eat my calories that I've earned. If I don't eat enough, I can tell my metabolism goes haywire. I think you are doing great though. Don't get downhearted - it will slowly come off, just take your time. You should be super proud of yourself.
  • MdawnK
    MdawnK Posts: 8 Member
    I've wondered if I needed to aim for more like 1400 a day rather than 1200. I haven't had a hard time sticking to the 1200, and I'm not hungry, but I'm sure I could add in a little more pretty easily.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    You are consistently well under your calorie goal. You need to eat to lose weight...give it a try.

Also, you eat a lot of soup which is probably high in salt. Try eating something different.