Alcohol

Options
This weekend my entire family is getting together for the fourth of July and will be jet skiing on the river, cooking, drinking, etc. I'm not a huge drinker, but i'd like to drink a few this weekend but not over indulge. Preferably not beer considering the calorie count. What are some good "girlie" clear alcohol drinks/recipe's I should consider? Thanks yall =)

Replies

• HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Crystal light + vodka, Whipped vodka + diet soda, bud light platinum, blend frozen strawberries, no calorie lemonade mix, vodka.

Most importantly, very low carb all day and no eating 2hrs before drinking and nothing after you start (protein if you absolutely must!)
  • tyroners
    tyroners Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Vodka or gin and slimline tonic????
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I dont know about calorie content but on the rare occasions I drink prefer Malibu Bay Breezes (malibu rum, pineapple juice and splash of grenadine *optional*) Tastes yummy!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Why in the world would you want to jet ski with people who are drinking? Why don't you be the disignated sober jet skier? You don't have to drink just because everyone else is.Isn't it illegal to drive anything with an engine while drinking? Please rethink this!
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    Busch light......always busch light
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My go-to is always vodka soda (as in club soda) with lots of lime. To make it more "girly" you could add any kind of Crystal Light (I especially like the lemonade ones, and the peach tea- yes, peach tea and vodka are actually really good together!)

This way, the only cals you're getting is the vodka (the lowest of alcohols), which leaves you plenty of calories for food (very important if you're drinking, of course).
  • mrsjack623
    Options
    Bacardi, some fresh squeezed lime juice, strawberries and ice in a blender.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    White tequlia, club soda, lime juice & wedges my favorite..:smile:
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Really??? Not helpful at all she did not ask for a lecture..
  • mrsjack623
    Options
    also go here ... http://getdrunknotfat.com/ It tells you alcohol content and calories and how to get the most bang for your caloric buck.
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone on this site drinks!!

I stick to vodka and soda with a twist of lime or lemon. Or white wine spritzer (white wine and club soda).
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I bring my own diet tonic water with lime, and drink a big glass with lotsa ice and a little gin. Then for each drink with a shot of gin in it, I space out with one that's just tonic & lime. I always have a drink in my hand, low cals, and I can be the designated driver at the end of the picnic!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    The clearer the alcohol the less the calories/sugar.

So vodka/gin/white bacardi. Fill the glass with soda water/or a diet soda and ice if you have some
  • lsher001
    lsher001 Posts: 13
    Options
    My new favorite is bacardi rum mixed with Walmarts strawberry lemonade-its a no calorie carbonated water and its under a dollar for a two liter-with a splash of Fresca-also no calorie;) This is my summer drink now!!! The only calories are from the rum-60 per drink, not bad at all;) Have a great weekend and be safe!!!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Im a diet and bacardi girl!
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    i'm a big red wine drinker (it's healthy ... right?! right! lol) but obviously during the summer and being at the pool I don't like to bring bottles of red wine with me! Not that refreshing! I recently have started drinking Bud Select 55 (only has 55 calories and honestly I love the taste! I used to drink Bud Light with my hubby, but since I've found this I won't go back!)
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    I usually stick with lime or lemon juice, vodka, water and frozen peaches/mangos any tropical fruit that sit at the bottom and double as ice andI eat after :)
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Crystal light makes margarita mix, appletini mix and one other one. The package says 5 cals per serving. I haven't tried them but regular crystal light and vodka is pretty good :)
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I do a citrus flavored rum or vodka and Sobe Zero flavored vitamin water. Then I squeeze lemon and/or lime in it. Its very refreshing and your getting some vitamins at the same time :laugh:
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    I usually stick with lime or lemon juice, vodka, water and frozen peaches/mangos any tropical fruit that sit at the bottom and double as ice andI eat after :)

judging by ashleys profile pic id do whatever she does