Workout suggestions for the well endowed?

Options
I've tried downloading a few different cardio options for my phone, doing step... even wandered through the list of cardio exercises MFP has listed, just to get ideas. The problem is this: to put it eloquently, I am top heavy. I can't do jumping jacks, jogging - in place or otherwise - or anything... bouncy... without a lot of pain and a very serious possibility of knocking myself out with my own chest :blushing: . I can't be the only one running this risk, so any activity suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Same issue, wear multiple sports bras that are at least one - two sizes to small, only way I can get through a workout....otherwise swimming is good.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Sure you can. Just get an appropriate sports bra. I used to be a 42G and am still a 38E. And I run. If you must, go a cup size smaller than normal.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/MCL323/?cc=MRL

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/MCL364/
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    waiting to see if any guys chime in :0
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    with the right support, you can do anything!
  • sesmarks
    sesmarks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This: http://www.titlenine.com/product/313801.do?sli=X-Small_Black_0&kwd=last+resort

It's seriously amazing. You can also find it on Enell's website, or at a few running stores if you want to try it on in person. If you're ordering online, follow their measuring instructions, order, and enjoy any type of cardio you like! I know they're a little expensive, but it's a great investment.
  • jlcl119
    jlcl119 Posts: 51
    Options
    You need a good bra.

I'm a 32DD/DDD and the Moving Comfort Maia works well for me: http://www.movingcomfort.com/Maia/350011,default,pd.html
    I've also recently picked up a couple of Shock Absorber Ultimate Run bras and I like those as well: http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/products/ultimate-range/ultimate-run-bra/ (these are available on Amazon)

Both of these eliminate the majority of the bounce. They're also comfortable and there's no need to "double bag" your breasts with either.
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    Don't let the girls slow you down. :) Invest in good sports bras. I like Moving Comfort and Nike's high impact sport bras.
  • Erinbopeep
    Erinbopeep Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Some ideas for low impact & "non-bouncy" workouts: Walk on treadmill on an incline, also Kettlebells are amazing cardio and don't really involve jumping around. Check out shape.com for awesome workouts that involve so many different variations of squats, lunges etc. if you haven't already.
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    If you are truly THAT busty, invest in an Enell sports bra.

Otherwise, Moving Comfort has some great options for those in the DD range.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options

What about pushups?

You wouldn't have to dip down as far as the rest of us...
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Definitely do some bra shopping. Otherwise swimming, biking, elliptical and stair climbers are all good choices for cardio.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options

What about pushups?

You wouldn't have to dip down as far as the rest of us...
    I thought the OP was a dude before I opened the thread.

My wife uses a sports bra and gets on the elliptical. Personally I would opt for the stationary bike, since you can go as fast or slow as you want without bouncing.
  • lreyenga
    lreyenga Posts: 37
    Options
    I suffer from the same problem. Title nine has some great sports bras that actually work! They are pricey, but worth it. You might also try a specialty running store or a specialty bra store.

However, I can also get my cardio going doing vigorous yoga .. like a flow yoga (vinyasa) or ashtanga style. You would have to invest in a heart rate monitor or similar to enter the calories into MFP because their yoga estimate is for more relaxation type yoga.

Plus, there is always walking up hill or up stairs, that always gets my heart pumping.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Two sports bras at the same time works wonders.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Compression sports bra. Or buy one in the next size down from your current size. That will hold those puppies in place.I have a big chest too.
    Agreed!

There's no reason to let them hold you back from working out! I buy good underwire sports bras and they're not cheap, but they're totally worth it in the long run (and good ones last a really long time if you wash & hang them dry)! Do a forum search for good sports bras and you'll find some good suggestions..
  • Kat51313
    Kat51313 Posts: 18
    Options

LOL me too!
  • southernFit
    Options
    I have the same problem and can't wait to look into some of the bras mentioned here. The ones from Walmart are a joke. They make me bounce more than my normal bra. Oh to find one that would really hold the girls in place would so save my back.

That being said- I enjoy walking and riding my stationary bike. Both low impact on the chest and the knees.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    What would we possibly have to say about the matter... :happy:
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    And to think....I clicked on this because I thought a man wrote it. heh
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I used to have to do the 2 sports bra trick. I'm now down to one with a shelf bra cami. You really can do any workout! Just plaster those girls down!