Hey Ya'll I'm new here today!!!

Hey everyone!!! My name is Heather and this is my first time on here today. Little bit of background: I started a life style change about a year ago and my weight at that time was 250 and I'm now down to 175 (YAY ME!!) I just joined the YMCA with my family and today was the first day of exercise on an Elliptical. I did 30min and it was a breeze once I got the hang of it (Octane XR6000) the one with the seat, I need to start out easy because I have Fibro. and some other issues with my back hence I use the seat one. So I signed up here today cause I;m hitting a stalemate so i thought it would help finding friends on here and the more motivation the better, I'd like to be @ 140..my range is 150-120....so I picked the middle. So please feel free to reply and together we cange hit our goals!!!! Thanks for reading and looking forward to talking with everyone!!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Hey there! This place is great if you put yourself out there. Just browse profiles and request! Good luck :tongue:
  • nathlew
    nathlew Posts: 2
    Hi Im new here any tips for losing belly fat and i want to work on losing weight on the tops of my legs and bum any tips on excercise and cooking tips please
  • charmedone10
    charmedone10 Posts: 33 Member
    Welcome! This is a great site to help you. Congrats on your success so far!
  • charmedone10
    charmedone10 Posts: 33 Member
    there are some great cookbooks. I have the NEW ABS DIET cookbook and have enjoyed everything we have made!
    As for exercise a lot of cardio and strength 2 to 3 time a week.
  • kvhmc
    kvhmc Posts: 33 Member
    I've got about the same goal weight, feel free to add me! I'm a medical student so can also help with any questions (hopefully!) :)
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294 Member
    Welcome aboard!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Hey! Welcome to MFP! I hope you enjoy your stay here!
  • Hey there, Welcome!! Feel free to add me (as well as anyone else reading this) You have done amaznig already...excited that you are joining MFP...im very new myself but have already lost 7lb and I was away for over a week on vacation too...its an amazing site with great people! You can do this!!
  • mollieprice331
    mollieprice331 Posts: 40 Member
    I'm pretty new here, and I can honestly say I love this site. I find it so inspiring and tracking everything I eat makes me think twice before I put something in my mouth. It's pretty awesome!
  • Love to be friends with U all!!! This site is great!! Not sure how to add people but please add me....can someone tell me how to add? lol We can all inspire each other and start our lives to live not exist!!!!
  • fudie
    fudie Posts: 45 Member
    welcome to MFP!!! it helps make changes!!! i would love to take the journey with you :) or anyone else how wants some more friends for motivation :)
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    so glad you are here and also, very impressed with you working at this with Fibro. I know too many folks personally, that don't do anything to help theirs:(

I am so glad you are here!! denise
  • menletti
    menletti Posts: 96 Member
    Welcome! You'll love it here!
  • Thank You so much wasn't easy but I pushed thru and still have more to go but I will get there with this site!!! Thanks for the yip too...:smile:
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Love to be friends with U all!!! This site is great!! Not sure how to add people but please add me....can someone tell me how to add? lol We can all inspire each other and start our lives to live not exist!!!!

The way i add people is to click the link on their username under thier pic. Then that takes you to their profile which has a button to add them as a friend. I added you and a few others from this thread. People are super nice and supportive on this website. I love it! And people please feel free to add me. The more support the better. I am always happy for another friend!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Welcome to the site!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Hi! This site is awesome. The friends I've made have helped me so much; motivation, inspiration and just someone to listen. Good luck.
  • melann1974
    melann1974 Posts: 84
    Welcome. I'm fairly new to this app/site too. I started June 11th on this site. But started my (now) weight loss journey on March 1st. So far 25lbs down, 20 more to go!:flowerforyou:
  • GrandpaRev
    GrandpaRev Posts: 10 Member
    Welcome. If you stick with My Fitness Pal, you'll find that it's really simple. I've found that a rock gets more exercise than I do, and I've lost 27 pounds in 9 weeks now.
    To add someone as a Friend, just click on their pic or name, and if their profile pops up, there will be an Icon that will display "Add as Friend".
    Good luck and stay motivated!!:smile: