Deadlifts and how you feel about them?

Options
I myself have only been doing deadlifts in my routine for about 7 weeks. So far I love these exercises. I'm not that strong with them yet, but I love how exhausted and how I feel while doing them and afterwards. The exercise just feels like more than just a push and pull motion. Along with squats, it's the only other lift that gets me a bit light headed and my heart rate pumped so high.

I love this damn exercise!

anyone else feel the same as me or hates the exercise all together?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Love them! I pick heavy things up and put them down!
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    Love them! I pick heavy things up and put them down!

YES! it's a workout that actually has real world usage.
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    I :heart: deadlifts. I was getting a stiff back and they were driving me crazy for a while, so I learned a new grip and problem solved! I love the challenge. Squats and deads are my fix for the day!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Best thing ever, I got into triple figure for the first time today (108lbs) I :heart: them. A lot!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    It's pre requisite (unless they have back issues) if a member wants to become a client. Same with burpees.:laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I love them!
    Those and squats just make me feel like I've really "worked" when lifting, way more than any other lifts. Plus deadlifts is the exercise I can lift the most for, so naturally it just makes me feel great! :drinker:
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Only reason they get a bad rep is because if you do them slightly wrong you can destroy your lower back.

I love them though. I feel like a freaking beast
  • JensQi
    JensQi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yeah I rember doing deadlifts when I was going to College...I really liked Lifting weights...deadlifts where my Faves..:smile:
  • echandle12
    echandle12 Posts: 82
    Options
    I Feel so good after both the exercises!!! Love Them
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I feel like a freaking beast

Exactly.

I deadlift over 100 now, and my hands get sweaty and I start to drop the damn thing, so I had to start wearing gloves. I just grabbed some work gloves out of the garage. Works like a charm.

And since I work out at home, it don't matter that I look a little bit weird in my getup-- underwear, sports bra, cheerleader ponytail, work gloves, red face, and a big dumb grin.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    Only reason they get a bad rep is because if you do them slightly wrong you can destroy your lower back.

I love them though. I feel like a freaking beast

That's why I think I started off so light in the beginning with dead lifts because I was afraid of hurting myself after hearing all the horror stories about them. Now I understand why people get hurt and how to prevent it. Now that I know this, I fricken want all my workouts to have me feeling like I do with my deadlifts.
  • bigbrownbear123
    Options
    As long as you use good form and sensible weights (and don't have any pre-existing back conditions) I don't see any reason why everyone in the world shouldn't be doing deadlifts!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Nothing will transform a physique like heavy dead lifts.
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    I feel like a freaking beast

Exactly.

I deadlift over 100 now, and my hands get sweaty and I start to drop the damn thing, so I had to start wearing gloves. I just grabbed some work gloves out of the garage. Works like a charm.

And since I work out at home, it don't matter that I look a little bit weird in my getup-- underwear, sports bra, cheerleader ponytail, work gloves, red face, and a big dumb grin.

HAHAHAHAHA! all thats missing is a tutu. kukukuku that's an awesome outfit.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Usually after a set of deadlifts or even attempting a new PR, I put that weight down and immediately am filled with the urge to ***** slap someone, wrestle a bear to death and then *kitten* my girlfriend atop my new bearskin rug and sire a new breed of Christophers.

I love deadlifts.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    It's pre requisite (unless they have back issues) if a member wants to become a client. Same with burpees.:laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I love, LOVE deadlifts. But I hate burpees with a passion.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Love em...make that lower back look great.....
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My husband (who is a champion powerlifter) says that athletes train movements (deads, squats, and benchpress) while bodybuilders train muscles (think of the guy standing in front of the mirror at the gym doing 50 sets of curls every time he works out) I'd way rather have the useful strength that comes from the full body lifts! So, yes, I'm with you all the way.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    LOVE.

Plus now that I've lose weight, I can deadlift over my BW whooohoo
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Love it. Make me feel bad *kitten*. I am deadlifting 155 pounds right now and hopefully get to 185