Football Season is right around the corner....

Options

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Yep it's about that time to Flyyyyyyyyyyy Eaglesssss Flyyyyyyyy !!!

e4866a52.jpg
    They usually fly, then crash land.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

cf2df3ac-e1de-4ca0-8ea3-4a9aafb0d87a.jpg&sa=X&ei=0XDzT4ClCMXl0QG9iJXPBg&ved=0CAwQ8wc4LQ&usg=AFQjCNE9POAHtzId8xPkq2JpZUFsbkcPKQ
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about football....but its another post about American football...the game where they use their HANDS all the time

And a game where you might actually miss something if you get up and go to the bathroom. Unlike SOCCER where you watch people kick a ball back and forth for 90 minutes and then they go to penalty kicks....BORING!!!! ;-)

GO PATRIOTS!!!

I liked and agreed with you until you said Patriots..... But I will shut my mouth because my mom taught me if I have nothing nice to say, not to say anything at all ;P

I'll grant you that you probably drafted the second coming of Tom Brady this year. I believe that the Colts are going to have a very tough year.

That really doesn't give me much hope. I can't deny their championships, but the Patriots rely on buying talent. Tom Brady is a decent arm with good receivers that could do well in many different situations. Plus, Tom Brady seems to be washing out a bit...

Though, on the washing out front I can't defend Manning as who knows how his neck surgery is going to affect him, BUT he has taken okay receivers and made them great. No matter what I do, I just can't respect Tom Brady as a person or a player =/
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXXoBJ5oCSd_ArpAtYwqlmehQELepeVt1x30vB-fXaw9WerkusxW4fMRmM
    ^ This ...

Unfortunately I live in 49er territory, but it beats being near the Cowboys
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    x2011-August-26-22-2-46.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6yuBNan6w7.jpg
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Working at a popular pizza place in a college town, I no longer look forward to football season anymore. Folding hundreds of boxes a day, trying to make hundreds of pizzas with one oven for the game, parties, and tailgating, having customers yell at me because their wait time is an hour and a half because we are so backed up with huge orders.. All on top of my classes, studying, and gym time. Nope...this year I will not be much of a football fan. :laugh: No games for me.
    Otherwise I'd be all for the 49ers and of course my college team Ole miss. :P Even though we completely sucked last season.
  • zuluf15
    zuluf15 Posts: 7
    Options
    ... my college team Ole miss. :P Even though we completely sucked last season.
    Nowhere to go but up for the Rebs this year -- maybe Hugh Freeze can bring some magic. Either way, even if you lose the game, you'll win the party -- no tailgating in the world compares to the Grove.
    Much as I enjoy going to Oxford, my heart's in Tuscaloosa.
    RRRRRooooooollllllllll TTTTTTTTiiiiiiiiiiddddddddeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dommie06
    dommie06 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    go packers
  • megan24209
    megan24209 Posts: 23
    Options
    Words cannot describe how excited I am for the new season!! Go 49ers! Hopefully I get the chance to go to as many games as I did last year.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxH447JoY2S6xDaRDuUATLhfZdX3gOkF6vTgbsWcA3SPWR-duyIA
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    ... my college team Ole miss. :P Even though we completely sucked last season.
    Nowhere to go but up for the Rebs this year -- maybe Hugh Freeze can bring some magic. Either way, even if you lose the game, you'll win the party -- no tailgating in the world compares to the Grove.
    Much as I enjoy going to Oxford, my heart's in Tuscaloosa.
    RRRRRooooooollllllllll TTTTTTTTiiiiiiiiiiddddddddeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh yes, we do always win in the party area. :laugh:
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Texans!

That.
  • thaze90
    thaze90 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    STEELERS!!!
  • Gunnarbear
    Gunnarbear Posts: 186
    Options
    goblue.png

michigan.jpg
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yep it's about that time to Flyyyyyyyyyyy Eaglesssss Flyyyyyyyy !!!

e4866a52.jpg
    They usually fly, then crash land.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! And THAT is my favorite part of the ENTIRE season!!

(Go Panthers!)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I root for the Ravens because they have pretty team colors. :flowerforyou:
  • MsPrada
    MsPrada Posts: 8
    Options
    J-E-T-S- JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Go Skins! :drinker:
  • mazasmusings
    mazasmusings Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You know, regardless of what soccer snobs might want to tell you, "soccer" is actually an acceptable term for the game. It isn't an Americanized name. In fact, it originated in Great Britain. In 1863, a group of teams decided to label themselves "Association Football" so as to distinguish themselves from other sports like rugby football. During that time period people would put "er" at the end of nicknames very often, so association football players became known as assoccers and later soccers and from there the game was commonly known for some time as soccer football.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Go 49ers!!!!! Superbowl Champs 2013!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!! Niners ALL DAY LONG!!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    You know, regardless of what soccer snobs might want to tell you, "soccer" is actually an acceptable term for the game. It isn't an Americanized name. In fact, it originated in Great Britain. In 1863, a group of teams decided to label themselves "Association Football" so as to distinguish themselves from other sports like rugby football. During that time period people would put "er" at the end of nicknames very often, so association football players became known as assoccers and later soccers and from there the game was commonly known for some time as soccer football.

^^ 100% absolutely TRUE. This little fact really pisses off British 'football' fans