Question for the gentleman

Options
steph124ny
steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
So, I'm sure my husband would be less than thrilled about me asking on his behalf, but here is the situation. He's a contractor and it has been incredibly hot and humid here. He has developed what we affectionately term Swamp *kitten*. For those unfamiliar, think red, chaffing and sweaty in the nether-regions....poor guy!!!! He has tried baby powder, diaper rash creams, etc...but they just aren't helping much. I figured maybe some of the guys who work out a lot or who run a lot in the heat might have some ideas that might help?

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Gold Bond Body Powder... or so I'm told.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ Snort!!!!!! LMAO!!! Not quite what I had in mind, though.....

referring to the video link...
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Bepanthen baby rash cream? - usually works well
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Good old plain corn starch. Dries the area up and gives relief. Have not had it in years yet when I worked on the farms as a kid use it all the time. Plain corn starch is bette4r than anything I had found!!!
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Bahahahah that`s halarious.

My hubby works outside a lot and he uses zinc cream (like diaper rash cream) in the evening and then baby powder or talcum powder in the morning. But sounds like you are already doing that so:(
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

LMAO!! I forgot about that one! lol
  • jratoms
    jratoms Posts: 11
    Options
    Alum rocks or powder in a cheese cloth bag, carry it in your front pocket.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Gold Bond powder helps, or try http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/
  • JoeMO
    JoeMO Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Corn starch in the current situation. Body Glide might help in a preventative way. I use it when I hike.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Gold Bond powder helps, or try http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

this..and at night put green stuff "sunburn" cream or blue stuff..the both sting a litttle but it clears up overnight...works for me
  • savagesrevenge
    Options
    vasaline works its what runners use in marathons to stop chaffing
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Happened to a girl I work with husband from the heat it he gave it to her ended up being good old fashioned crotchet itch and lotrim cream cured them both.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    As a father of 4, the one thing we have in bulk around the house is butt cream. Whenever I get really chafed, etc from being outside too much, I use that on me. Boudreaux's Butt Paste (yes that is the actual name) works wonders!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Gold bond medicated powder, 15 years working on the railroad and being Fat, I know exactly what he is going through. Gold bond works
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN7HtmqXKus bahahahahaha!!!!:laugh: Forgot bout this
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would swear by the anti-monkey butt stuff. Went through it like it was water while I was in Afghanistan. Works wonders!!
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    As a father of 4, the one thing we have in bulk around the house is butt cream. Whenever I get really chafed, etc from being outside too much, I use that on me. Boudreaux's Butt Paste (yes that is the actual name) works wonders!
    ^This!! That stuff is MAGIC!

Also, there's this stuff called 'bag balm' farmers use it on cow udders. It says for 'dry cracked skin', but it works wonders on cuts, scrapes, and rashes. I would use the budreaux's during the day, and the bag balm after a shower and overnight.

http://www.amazon.com/Bag-Balm®-Medicated-Ointment-10oz/dp/B0014CI4X8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341374888&sr=8-1&keywords=bag+balm
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    An ole boy scout secret for summer campouts is using antiperspirant down there. Secret works well........ But to treat the current situation use some Blue Star Ointment.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Swamp *kitten*.....LOL!