Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who knew?

GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
Who knew that eating ONE item of junk food could throw a body out of whack?
I ate one small walnut brownie yesterday, and uggggggghhhh....I had stomach cramps all night.
I used to eat three or four without even batting an eyelash...I guess that's my body's way of telling me "HEY!!! I don't like that mess, knock it off!"

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Who knew that eating ONE item of junk food could throw a body out of whack?
    I ate one small walnut brownie yesterday, and uggggggghhhh....I had stomach cramps all night.
    I used to eat three or four without even batting an eyelash...I guess that's my body's way of telling me "HEY!!! I don't like that mess, knock it off!"
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    SO true!! The other night i had those pizza roll up things.....which i don't even like, but i was having a moment:grumble: and all night my stomach felt sick, even into the next day!! I'm with ya, before i started eating right i probably could have ate the entire box and felt fine! You know you are doing something right when your body doesn't like the processed foods anymore!:happy:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    It also throws me off in a different way. If I eat, say 1 brownie, then the next day I want another one. If I don't eat it, then I don't even think of it as food. :bigsmile:
    I've been a veggie for a very long time. When people ask me, "aren't you tempted to eat such and such", I say about as much as I'm tempted to eat a cricket. To me, it's not food, to others, it is. Sodas have been off my food list for a long time as well.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,646 Member
    I had a cheeseburger at the Diner yesterday (trying to cure my hangover!) and I felt nauseas the rest of the day! Like toxic shock for the system!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    had that fried dough yesterday and paying for it today...it was soooo good but I'm glad its hurting me now...teach me a lesson or two LOL...

hugs!
    Ali
  • ali106

I've been a veggie for a very long time. When people ask me, "aren't you tempted to eat such and such", I say about as much as I'm tempted to eat a cricket. To me, it's not food, to others, it is. Sodas have been off my food list for a long time as well.

I've often think about trying this lifestyle....my youngest brother is, he was first a very strick vegan but now he eats dairy too. He is rail thin too...but I think that's his metabolism and rock star lifestyle...clean livn and lots of gigs LOL....

How long have you been doing it for any advice?

hugs!
    Ali
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    It also throws me off in a different way. If I eat, say 1 brownie, then the next day I want another one. If I don't eat it, then I don't even think of it as food. :bigsmile:

I actually like a lot of vegetarian foods and I feel really good when I eat mostly vegetarian stuff. I do eat lean meat once in awhile but I have been eating a lot of Salads and Amy's/Morningstar Farms products and I really like them.

One week, without even realizing it, I had gone the entire week without eating meat and it hit me that I could easily do it. I mean, I hadn't even realized it!
  • grinningkat
    grinningkat Posts: 14
    I did no meat for about 3 months 5 years ago. I decided to switch back for some reason I can't remember now but I distinclty being able to remember smelling meat on people when they came near. Like, if they had just had a steak there was a repulsive bloody smell.

I've now completely given up red meat and only eat lean white breast poultry and fish.
  • ali106
    yes I'm not a big red meat fan...or meat in general actually that's why I think I could possibly do it...the things that will be hard are like chicken broths, and I HATE tofu....sooo hmmm maybe I'll stick w/ just chicken and fish and the occasional red meat....its always in the back of my head though....ya know?!

hugs!
    Ali....

LOL@smelling the meat on people....wow!!! like a reformed smoker towards smoke....interesting!:wink:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    about the eating processed food....

i havent drink any soda in years... and a couple weeks ago, i dunno what it took me but at a party i took one, lack of other things to drink. and i almost gaged it out, it tasted toxic, like if someone was asking me to drink pure toilet cleaner. years ago i used to drink orange sodas allll the time. i could not believe it and i was very surprised,

everybody looked at me as if i was from mars, i though i was making it up, or that i though i was being snob ......

may
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I cannot eat or drink like I used to. I had a diet coke the other day and I had like 4 sips of it and gave the rest to my husband. It tasted horrible to me! I used to down that stuff all the time. Now I drink so much water and I feel so great because of it that it is hard to drink anything else. Sometimes I drink iced tea and I have my morning cup o joe, but that is it.

And eating better foods has become such a part of my life! I think I have had a fry or two here and there and the grease makes me sick! I think I have detoxed from all the crap and my body won't allow it anymore. It's a good thing!! (As Martha Stewart would say)
This discussion has been closed.