Is it just me?

Options
Shannon2714
Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
I get SO irritated when someone does not respond to a text message/email/phone call/ etc. It really annoys me and stresses me out. And, of course, it makes you think there is a reason they aren't responding, then overthinking again....until your head explodes....

So, is it just me that's this effed up?

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    b*tch, why you no respond to my dirty PM?

oh...I'm on block. d'oh!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same.
    You can't let it get in your head like that.
    Then the obsession owns you....
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Nah....my best friend took 4 hours to text me back today, but I just figured she was up north and out of range. Sure enough, she was at the cottage. So there are usually reasons. Maybe they are sleeping, having sex, turned their phone off for a movie and forgot to turn it back on, maybe they just need a break from the phone....whatever. It is NOT you! Because, of course, you are perfect!:love:

Edit: I really need to stop typing in the dark.
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    Only if I need an answer to something ASAP...then yes, I stress, other than that...nah, it's not that serious.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    After about a day I get irritated too. Then worried something might be seriously wrong with them...what if they've been in an accident etc. By day three I figure it is me and no one loves me...then by day four the stalking begins...
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    normally I would say that if they don't respond then *kitten* them for being lame but I'm trying to be not such a bitter b!tch these days so . . . maybe they're just busy or forgot. I know I do sometimes.

feel free to flame me for this response . . . even I think it sucks. I'm so off my game lately.
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    After about a day I get irritated too. Then worried something might be seriously wrong with them...what if they've been in an accident etc. By day three I figure it is me and no one loves me...then by day four the stalking begins...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Yep, it irritates the **** out of me, but only because I ignore calls and texts on the regular and so they must be trying to be like me! :angry:
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Don't make me stalk a *****. XD
  • Shannon2714
    Options
    b*tch, why you no respond to my dirty PM?

oh...I'm on block. d'oh!

Dirty PM???? Where? When?? GIMME!!!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options

So is THAT how to get your attention? :wink:
  • Shannon2714
    Options
    normally I would say that if they don't respond then *kitten* them for being lame but I'm trying to be not such a bitter b!tch these days so . . . maybe they're just busy or forgot. I know I do sometimes.

feel free to flame me for this response . . . even I think it sucks. I'm so off my game lately.

Nope, no flaming...I love you ;-)
  • Shannon2714
    Options

Promises, promises....
  • Shannon2714
    Options
    My big issue is seeing someone texting someone else or writing on someone's profile, etc....but can't make the time to write you back....It just makes me insane....
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I HATE to be ignored.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I usually 'read now, respond later' unless its something important.

I get SO many inane emails from my sister I probably only respond to about 1 in 10. Seriously, last year she sent me about 600 emails. Many of them are "its hot here, how is it by you" and we only live 100 miles apart. Or WOW that was the biggest storm EVER. That one is pretty frequent. Then there's the Town Crier stuff, like "make sure everyone is doing wellness checks on your elderly neighbors and family members". Or "this Sunday's paper has a coupon for 50 cents off ..blah blah blah"
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    only if i know for sure they are ignoring me...yet are doing it anyway. that bugs me.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I HATE to be ignored.
    Dude. You've got Elle. You care about anyone else ignoring you? I find that hard to believe.....
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    <~~~~for you Op...since I'm on my phone and can't post it in here.
    pot calling the kettle black. i texted her once. still waiting...
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    You're overthinking. Sometimes people are indisposed...for example, in my case, today I was at work, so I can't really talk on my cell or text too often. Then later, out to dinner, where I think it's rude to interrupt and respond to calls and texts. Then, to the library for a while.

But, no one was texting me anyway, so it's not a problem for me. But I've noticed sometimes my sister calls me on my cell and if I don't pick up right away, she calls me on my landline (yes, we still have one here). If it's dinnertime, I ignore the calls and just call back later. The other night, she tried my cell, the landline, then my husband's cell. We were trying to have a meal together, and it felt like we were being stalked.

I love my sister but enough already.