Bulging tummy

Options
Annadel
Annadel Posts: 146 Member
I was doing really good controlling my huge tummy. Upper abs toned with no more muffin top. My lower abs were slowly getting ok. Still,lose skin, some pooch.

I stopped excersing for 2-3 weeks due travel schedules. Now I just looked down and my lower tummy has just become tight and round. Literally I look prego 5 mo easy..

I just restarted excersie this week. It's just so huge still.

Any ideas what just happened ??

Replies

• jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm not sure if this will help you because I can't see your diary. I'm doing low carb and following a specific diet. The interesting thing I found is that cheese really causes my belly to just bloat. I'm 43 and there have been statements that in your 40s people can become lactose intolerant. Since I've cut seriously back on carbs and dairy my belly bloat has seriously gone down. I used to have a flat stomached when I wake up and look 7 months pregnant when I went to bed. My pants used to dig into my gut in the evening. I'm so glad that I figured it out
    Maybe just eliminate one thing from your diet a week and see how you feel.
    I wouldn't eliminate skinny girl though, girls gotta have it :drinker:
  • Annadel
    Options
    I was thinking the same. May be its dairy? I usually start day with a big cup of coffee loaded with milk..
  • KellyBGarland
    Options
    I recently participated in a biggest loser competition at my school and won! The following two weeks I let go of being so strict and actually began eating more carbs. That made me look preggo too. Did you eat more carbs by any chance? Could it also be beer or alcohol? I think Jadesign has it right. I am cutting back on the carbs and sweets that I thoroughly enjoyed the past couple of weeks, and am getting back to the healthier food options. I have a cruise next Friday and have to be back to bikini ready! Yikes!!!

Kelly
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If you've been traveling by airplane, that could be the culprit. Air travel makes lots of folks (me included) retain a ton of water. Also, where's your TOM? Any time soon? -- That combo (TOM and airplane) is killer, I tell you -- KILLER!!

I once flew to Chicago during TOM (I live in San Francisco), and gained 8 pounds literally overnight -- I had to buy new jeans while I was there because I honestly couldn't wear anything I'd packed. It was reedonkulous.
  • Annadel
    Options
    I traveled from LA to DC. Did eat bad dinner just one nite though.. I have been back since a week nw.. I think it's my over indulgence in carbs..