Looking for fellow stay-at-home moms

Options

Replies

• ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay-at-home-mom too. My boys are (almost) 10 and 5. I've managed my loss by just working out at home, no gym memberships. I understand about the kitchen thing! I do really well on my snacking until the kids decide they need something in the evening and then I end up having something I shouldn't with them! lol Can't say my pregnancies were a weight gain issue for me though. I was a lucky one who lost with both, since I was already obese. Had weight issues my entire life!
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    Stay-at-home mom here too.
    My youngest will go of to Kindergarten in August, so I guess that makes me a stay-home-alone-mom then huh?
    I have three girls ages 5 7 and 9 years. We live out in the middle of nowhere and I love to cook so the weight loss journey was tough for me but I DID it...I'm about 14 days away from one full year on MFP! I hit my first goal weight in April and am now looking to drop a little bit more.
    You can friends me if you like. I'm a bit nutty and I workout like crazy now! It took time to get to this point but I will never go back! I love the new me soo much more than the old me!
    I understand what you mean by having a hard time staying away from the food and making tie to workout. It's hard to do but you can do it! I promise!
  • Kourtne_KK
    Kourtne_KK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey Im a stay at home mom my boys are 2 and 6 months
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a stay at home mother of 2. My daughter is 4 and my son is 18 months. Instead of going to the gym (because I'm afraid people are watching me) I work out at home with free weights and dvds and if I have to munch because I'm in the kitchen, the carrots are in the front of my refrigerator and I always have fruit on the table.

If I can do you, you can do it. Since I have had my daughter (I weight 236 lbs.) I have lost 71 lbs. You are more than welcome to add me if you would like. :smile:
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    Hello I am a SAHM as well: I have a 6 yr old, 5 yr old, 3 1/2 yr old, and a almost 2 yr old. I have lost about 60 pounds and now have been trying to get to last 25- 30 off.
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options
    Pity party going on right here: I WISH I was a stay-at-home or even work-at-home mom. What I wouldn't give to take care of my toddler all day every day!!! *sigh* Just living vicariously through all of your struggles that I wish I was dealing with hahaha
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hello There!:) Im 35 and also a SAHM to 3. A 13 yr old daughter, 11 yr old son and a 9 yr old son:) Also going to be homeschooling my two sons starting this next school yr lol. I have 60 pounds to lose and like some, seemed to gain alot of it when I left work. Feel free to add me as well!:) Just please remember to include a message in your FR so that I'll know who you are why your wanting to be friends:) :flowerforyou:

~Carrie~
  • MWojdak
    MWojdak Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am also a stay at home mom to 2 boys, 5 years old and 11 month old. I know how hard it is not to snack on what to kids are eating and just going in the kitchen for something during the day.
  • brandivestal
    brandivestal Posts: 2,637 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a stay at home mom to our 2 year old. Even though I have time for the gym, I don't have one remotely close to us. We live in the middle of no where! I have found many ways to work out from home and burn a ton of calories! Add me:-)
  • roodieroo
    roodieroo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a stay at home mom to our 2 year old. Even though I have time for the gym, I don't have one remotely close to us. We live in the middle of no where! I have found many ways to work out from home and burn a ton of calories! Add me:-)

The same here! Our closest gym is like 20 miles away... so I push my almost-three-year-old in a stroller on the dirt roads or pop an Insanity DVD in! It is funny to watch my little guy work out with me, too!

I am a SAHM, too. Feel free to add me or check my profile for more info!
  • shirleyA1967
    Options
    I'm a stay home mom as well....and i need to about 30 pounds...please feel free to add me always looking to make new friends
  • Kat51313
    Kat51313 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi there - I'm a stay at home mom of a 3 year old boy and a 4 month old daughter... I can barely find the time for laundry, let alone time to work out.... and the laundry's important, since I've dubbed my daughter "the Human Geyser." I'm in a very rural area, though on a state highway, so walking with my kids down a roadside would be taking my life in my hands, and frankly while I live on a farm, I'm still too out of shape to be walking up and down all the hills with a 13lb kid strapped to my chest and expect to make it home...

Please feel free to add me - I sent you a friend request :)
  • Dorkaleena
    Dorkaleena Posts: 59
    Options
    SAHM to a 12 year old (As off tomorrow) boy! :) I'm stuck at home every day. One car household. So easy to be lazy and just sit on my duff a lot of the day. I've started exercising slowly. I use a DVD for core strengthening and a mini arm cycle for calorie burn. :) I do great with my food intake until everyone else is home. Then... it's a bit more of a struggle.

Feel free to friend me if you have a mind to! :)
  • EvvieGulley
    Options
    :smile: Wow! There are alot of us! I stay at home mostly because I am permanently disabled but I still have 4 kids at home, 20, almost 18, 17 (pregnant), and 11. I will soon be taking care of my new grandson while his parents go to high school, which will be a new challenge for me. I am planning on using the daycare at the gym in order to get my workout in and am just trying to follow my food diary guidelines while around food/kitchen all day. Just have to make up my mind that I don't want extra or wrong foods because I have the picture of the old me in my head that I WILL get back!! You can do it!!! Feel free to friend me!
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a stay at home mom of an 8yr old girl, and 5&2year old boys :) Im currently doing p90x. Trying to get my body back, have 10 more pregnancy pounds to lose still haha.
    Anyone want to add me they can. Can always use more fitness buddies :))
  • babydoll28
    Options
    I too am a stay-at-home mom. I have 3 boys - 7, 3, & 2.... You would think I'd be skinny mini with the ACTIVE boys.... My heaviest was 232lbs and I went down to 202lbs doing this website and Zumba. However, my instructor hurt herself so I slacked off the Zumba and stopped logging my food; needless to say I'm back up to 225.4lbs.... :-(

I started back on the website yesterday and back up with Zumba today. I weighed in this morning and am down 1lb.... :-) I know I can do this cause I did before.... It's such a struggle but I am determined!!

Good luck on your journeys!! :-)

Feel free to add me.... : - )
  • heatherallen1020
    Options
    Hi.. I'm at stay- at-home-mom too (11,9,7,5,3) feel free to add me.. I too lose a good amount of weight but find it kind of hard with the children..
  • TashaeJanee
    Options
    Stay at home mom, here! I have one son, Gavin, who is 5 months. I have about 100 lbs so lose, obviously not just pregnancy pounds, but those are there too! I need friends, so anyone please feel free to add me!
  • Kellymf2426
    Kellymf2426 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a sahm of two boys. Chad that's 4 and Logan that's 2. Boy do they keep me busy!! Please feel free to add me ladies :)
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    I'd be happy to be you friend. I'm in the same boat :)