Any advice for getting over a plateau?

Options
After losing 65 lbs in 6 months (2-3 lbs a week on average), I have all of a sudden stopped losing. I have been hovering between 202 and 204 lbs for 2+ weeks now and it is driving me crazy! Advice on the internet is lower your calories (which I can't do because I'm already at 1,200-1,500 daily) and/or exercise more (which I can't do because of a hip injury.)

I am only half way to my goal and really want to keep going. Help!

Lindsey

14022182.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Generally in the past I have seen that increasing your calories for a bit helps
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    WATER, WATER, WATER!

Also remember to change up your exercise to shock your body. If this doesnt work, calories cycle. If this doesnt work, cheat day. If this doesnt work... see a doctor or seek medical advice.
  • tamaper9
    tamaper9 Posts: 1
    Options
    Add apples to your meal.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've had 3-4 week plateaus in the past year. Strangely enough, the only thing that worked for me was nothing at all. After a freakin' month of my body just being stubborn, it started moving again.

No clue why it worked for me, but there ya go.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not a plateau. the less you have to lose to be at your ideal weight (ideal to your body not your mind) the slower weight loss will be. keep going. if you hit 6 weeks with no loss, take a close look at your intake and exercise levels to make sure your numbers are as accurate as possible.
  • EstherZue
    EstherZue Posts: 39
    Options
    Yes, change your routine. Eat a bit more - but controlled and clean - like add an avocado for lunch or add a banana and nuts in the morning, etc. And change your exercise to sth else or even stop completely for a week (worked for me). Then start exercising again and watch your weight loss to see when you might have to go a bit lower again.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not a plateau. the less you have to lose to be at your ideal weight (ideal to your body not your mind) the slower weight loss will be. keep going. if you hit 6 weeks with no loss, take a close look at your intake and exercise levels to make sure your numbers are as accurate as possible.

^This. 2 weeks is not a plateau. A plateau is weeks or months without a loss and no reduction in measurements either. You didn't mention whether or not you have taken measurements. You should....you are probably still losing inches even if you haven't lost any pounds.
    Also, search "Eat More, Weigh Less" - a lot of helpful information in those topics.