Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pounds in a dress size

Replies

• Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    i was 13st 13 and a size 16 botton and 14-16 top .. 5"7

now i am 10 st 8 and a size 12-14 on the bottom and 10-12 on top ...

So i look different but didnt go down that many dress sizes...
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 92 Member
    Its about 14lbs for me, maybe a few pounds more.
  • caberselli
    caberselli Posts: 34 Member
    I was always told 7lb a size, but as clothes go in 2 size jumps that would be 14lb per dress size ie a 14 - 12 (or 12 - 14 if you are going the wrong way lol)

I was going to say 15 pounds for me.
    By numbers would be 2 sizes, but by actual clothing options one "dress size".
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    When I got sick a couple of years ago and dropped 23lbs in 3 weeks because I couldn't eat (due to an infected gallbladder), that's how much it took for me to drop a size.
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Myself personally I am not sure how many pounds it was. I just saw the adjustments in how my body was changing. I could weigh the same and fit a different size pants, skirt, etc. It all depends on how your body does.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    The last one 0 lbs, but I was at the bottom of a size after losing 10 lbs but still not fitting into the next one down. Then, I started lifting weights and the smaller one finally zips all the way without impeding breathing.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Iv lost over 50 and was a UK 18 to begin with and im now a comfy 14 or fitted 12.

Wish i could have dropped one with every 7lbs haha! Everyones different :) x

I think that I was closer to the size below when I started to lose, so that's probably why it only took 7lb! I don't think the next size is going to come so easy!

Your weight loss has been great., by the way, a real inspiration!
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    It was about 20 pounds before I realized I fit into an 18. It may actually have been less because I started in a very tight size 20 and went to a comfortable 18. Now I'm a comfortable 16 but can squeeze into a 14 if I inhale and don't breathe. It doesn't look pretty, but I know I'm close to fitting in them. :laugh:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I started at a size 22 and am now in a size 10, inching toward and 8.

It also depends on what stores you're talking about for sizing, IMO. That 22 was at CJBanks, which I believe would have been a 24 at any other store.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Hard to say from size to size. I have lost 67 pounds and have gone from a size 16 to a size 4.
  • mrstom09
    mrstom09 Posts: 5
    mine is definately about 20 pounds or so.

I have lost 46 pounds but have only gone down 2 dress sizes.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    I was a size 22, now I'm a 14. So that's 4 sizes down and 78lbs... So about 20lbs per size for me! I'm 5'10" though so I think height plays a major role. :smile:
  • LisaB55
    LisaB55 Posts: 35 Member
    I agree that it may depend a little on your body type and your weight loss pattern. I am right at 10 lbs so far and haven't really dropped a whole size. I never wear dresses and mostly wear knit tops/sweaters, so the only gauge I rally have is my pants. I have a couple of pairs of 20s that were fairly tight that are pretty loose now. I suspect I could get into an18 depending on the brand and cut of the pants, but I will wear what I've got until I just can't anymore since I am not planning to stay at those in-between sizes.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    iv lost 13lbs and no size's but I was busting out of my clothes just refusing to buy bigger lol my clothes all fit me better now
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    30 for the first dress size, 15 for the next. 50 pounds down and not quite 3 dress sizes :-/
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Honestly, it took me forever! I had to drop a good 2 stone/28lb before I could get into the next size down (size 16). This pattern has continued through my weight loss - steady loss, then all of a sudden my clothes are massive on me. Very strange.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    I'm losing a lot from my stomach, hips, and thighs so I've gone down 2 sizes in 15 lbs. I was top end 14 and now I fit comfortably into some 10s and a little snug into others. I'm also starting to have to walk like a gangster in my work pants. They are 38s. I need to dig out my old 36s because they should fit me again.
  • atlmom
    atlmom Posts: 27 Member
    for me it depends on where you started. i can wear the same size for about 15lbs at the high point i am now. in addition, it takes awhile for me to "feel" it in my clothes and on my body. in my 20-30's it only took about 2 weeks to feel the change. in my 40's it takes about 4 weeks. which is really bad-it's one of those motivation things that keeps you going.

so i'm down about 8 pounds in my first 3 weeks of doing this-but i don't expect to feel it until another few weeks.
  • Ladyeliah
    Ladyeliah Posts: 34 Member
    It really depends on where you hold your weight. I've gone from a 12/14 to 6/8 pant size but I'm still in the same dress size because my top half doesn't have that many inches left to lose.
  • CMmomx4
    CMmomx4 Posts: 25
    About 10 lbs for me. I'm 5' 2'' so "less room" to spread the weight out ;)