How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I used to weigh myself every day but after years of this I cut it down to once a week! I started my weight loss again and have moved it to twice a week, but each time I weigh myself through the week I seem to have gained lbs! and by the weekend have lost! It is so frustrating as this week I seem to have gained 4 lbs , over the last 7 days I have been to gym every day and been around 1200 calories and had no alcohol for nearly 3 weeks! I was so annoyed today and feel like pigging out now !

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Every couple of weeks. Weight can fluctuate so wildly even over one day. It just isn't worth obsessing over.
  • leighlyn
    leighlyn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    every two weeks or so:)
  • bigbrownbear123
    Options
    If you get annoyed by those slight gains you should probably just limit yourself to once a week. Understand that weight can fluctuate for a great different number of reasons.

Me personally, I weigh myself every morning and then take a 5 day moving average. Makes more sense than only weighing yourself once a week which could be affected by any number of things.
  • tdcibilly
    tdcibilly Posts: 78
    Options
    i am once a week try to keep it to about the same time in the evening as well
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day but after years of this I cut it down to once a week! I started my weight loss again and have moved it to twice a week, but each time I weigh myself through the week I seem to have gained lbs! and by the weekend have lost! It is so frustrating as this week I seem to have gained 4 lbs , over the last 7 days I have been to gym every day and been around 1200 calories and had no alcohol for nearly 3 weeks! I was so annoyed today and feel like pigging out now !

weigh when your muscles have zero pain. if your exercising the water rushes in to surround the painful area and it causes weight gain plus the soreness because their pushing on nerve endings as it protects and repairs your muscle soreness.
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately too many times a day. New scale and it doesn't seem very accurate. I do the Scale Step Aerobics!
  • tikamacphee
    Options
    I weigh myself every monday morning before breakfast :)
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Used to be every morning. Now I will weigh every couple of weeks and takes measurements the same day.
  • laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options
    Unfortunately too many times a day. New scale and it doesn't seem very accurate. I do the Scale Step Aerobics!

I weigh multiple times a day also. At the moment, mostly because I am so excited and proud of the numbers. I fluctuate during the day, but it is totally normal and does not stress me out.
  • leenabeana1
    Options
    Everyother day, before eat anything, but after my workout:) I gain one day then lose double the next, its weird.
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day shortly after I get up in the morning. However, I don't get anxious when it moves in either direction. I know it will and I am fine with that. I only count it on Wednesday, though most recently this week, I have started counting it on Sundays for a challenge I am doing.
  • SwissRiviera
    Options
    Weighing in a the same time once or twice a week is really enough. Weighing one-self can become an addiction like food. When you are on program, don't let the scale control your emotions or feelings of self worth. This is much easier said than done. We have to refocus! It's likely water weight gain... especially with women. Then looking at other measurements become important, waist, thighs, etc... Also, the funny thing is that you have to eat to lose. Are you sure that you are getting enough calories?
  • PlaceOfASkull
    Options
    Once a week on the same day...in the morning before I eat. My weight changes also.
  • karoliknee
    karoliknee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    About once a week, but I record my weight about every two weeks or so. Weight fluctuates so often, that it's really not worth getting upset about. If you're obsessive when it comes to the scale, why don't you try setting different goals for yourself than how many pounds you see yourself drop? Like for example, my goal for this week is to work out for 30 minutes, 3 times this week. You can also set food goals for yourself, like this week, I'm going to take my own homemade lunch to work instead of going out for fast food. You know, stuff like that. Instead of saying, my goal is to lose X amount of pounds this week. It takes a lot of pressure off yourself, they're actually attainable goals for yourself, and you'll still see results. And also it's more important how you feel, and how your clothes feel, than what number the scale says. The key to weight loss isn't perfection, it's persistence. So, don't give up! :smile:
  • HungryRainb0w
    Options
    I aim to weigh myself once a day, in the morning.
    I do this to see if what I've been doing the week/days before have done anything!
    If my weight fluctuates a lot day to day, I get myself down to the gym more as it spurs me on to work harder!

I haven't used the tape measure yet though, how often do people measure their thighs, stomach etc.? Once a month or more regularly? Thanks! : )
  • LaundryJo
    LaundryJo Posts: 47
    Options
    Funny! Me too! I weigh myself before breakfast every day, but then every time I walk past the scale! So I'm sometimes 122 in the morning, then125 in the afternoon! I know it doesn't matter, it's all about how your clothes fit, but I still do it. I've been really good lately, but my fat percentage went up, depressing! I'm trying to lose my muffin top!
  • ginique
    ginique Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Once a month, right after Aunt Flo leaves the building. And that's only so I can be accurate with the BMR calculations. Otherwise, I use the tape measure and the fit of my clothes to monitor progress. :)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    At least once a day usually.....sometimes more.....I just weighed, went out and washed my car and weighed again and had lost 4 tenths of a lb!!! LOL...my weight fluctuates about ten lbs so I don't take that seriously. I can step on scales weigh something, step off, weigh lbs less or more, step off get another reading, get another reading.....I don't know the secret to using scales apparently!!!!
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    I used to use the scale everyday but would become disheartened and unmotivated when I would see the number would go up, so now its once every few weeks.
  • jhutka
    jhutka Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I weigh myslef once a week but I don't stress much over it...keep in mind that in the course of one day your body usually fluctuates within a few pounds too.

Judge more by how your clothes are fitting and how your body looks, most importantly how you feel and your energy level.

When I started I lost like four inches off my stomach area right awat but my weight didnt change for almost two months!