Fitbit

Options
khrys1
khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
Has anyone tried the Fitbit? If so, what are your opinions on it? I thought it looked pretty interesting, but wanted to hear from actual users rather than the accolades on the website ;o)

Replies

• Parrotman72
    Parrotman72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. I do a couple days a week at the gym, but I work in retail, and I walk alot. I typically do over 10,000 steps, but on days I don't work I make sure I get a walk in. I have lost 19 lbs. since I got my fitbit in May. It is a great tool.
  • Fitinmytwenties
    Options
    I also love my fitbit! It really motivates me to get up and move around more often!
  • Billie09
    Billie09 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my FitBit too, I am far more active now I have it.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. It never leaves me except when I shower. I'd be lost without it!

There is a Fitbit Users group. Lots of info and opinions there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love mine too!!

xx
  • gethealthyC
    Options
    Hello, I just got my Fitbit this week and I love it! It's so small it fits in your bra and when your by the computer, it syncs itself! I feel it's very accurate. It also syncs to LoseIt, another app, I like. I haven't had much luck with it tracking sleep. It always falls out of the little pocket. The other day, it told me I slept 16 hours :( Hope this helps!
  • full_of_energy
    Options
    I love mine!! At the end of the week, it sends you an email with how many steps you take and total calories burned for the week. I calculate my calorie intake and calories burned to see how much I should have lost for the week and it's always right. :)
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. It has really helped me to focus on getting my steps in. The great thing is you can set your own goals for steps and stairs. I thought I was at least "lightly active" until I started seeing the charts.

As for sleeping with it you just have to be sure to pull the upper flap over it also. (Took me a few nights to figure out how to keep it from coming out of the little pocket).
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Looks like it'll be an awesome tool!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Anther thing, you can synch it with earndit.com. You ear 'Points' for you activities and exercise time. You can then use these points to Donate to a good cause. I saved up a bunch and just donated yesterday, to send Care Packages to our Troops overseas. There are several charities you can donate to.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I use it, I love it. It is much like my pedometer that I had, but this one keeps track of the hills I climb too. The other thing that I like better about the fit bit is it's size. I clip it to my bra, where it is well protected and it's safe from getting lost.
    I let it do the walk adjustments, and all I log for exercise now is what the fit bit doesn't pick up. (Swimming, pilates,....)