50lbs down, 112 to go! (Pics)

Options
jcstanton
jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
It's been a long road, and I still have a long way to go (need to lose 112 more pounds), but I am much better off today than I was a year ago. May of 2011 I kicked off this journey by walking a 5K. Now, I am actually able to run a little bit. I have recently been medicated for hypothyroidism and insulin resistance (since March 2012), and I am hoping my progress will pick up again. This is the longest I have ever stuck to a weightloss/fitness program, and I am proud of myself for that alone. I am more determined than ever to keep at this until I reach my goal.

Before--May 2011

Before--May2011-1.jpg

After--Today, July 4, 2012

AfterJuly2012-2.jpg

Replies

• jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I can definitely see the results!
    You are a gorgeous lady. :-) Keep rockin' it.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Great job! I hope the meds help you pick it back up b/c that can definitely be discouraging. Are you taking metformin?
  • Raezor1207
    Raezor1207 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Looking fabulous!!!
  • Maddyandjack
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing already! Great job and can't wait to see pics when you've reached your goal!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It's been a long road, and I still have a long way to go (need to lose 112 more pounds), but I am much better off today than I was a year ago. May of 2011 I kicked off this journey by walking a 5K. Now, I am actually able to run a little bit. I have recently been medicated for hypothyroidism and insulin resistance (since March 2012), and I am hoping my progress will pick up again. This is the longest I have ever stuck to a weightloss/fitness program, and I am proud of myself for that alone. I am more determined than ever to keep at this until I reach my goal.

Before--May 2011

001.jpg

After--Today, July 4, 2012

AfterJuly2012.jpg

Beautiful!! You've done fabulous so far, nice job on your progress hun!
  • StacyJCrain
    StacyJCrain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Huge difference.
  • donovanart
    donovanart Posts: 55
    Options
    That's fantastic! Great job!! :)
  • TeineAulelei7
    Options
    You look fabulous, keep it up! :)
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You really are beautiful (at any weight) and I'm so inspired by your commitment and perseverance. The difference that 50 lbs has made on your body is fabulous and very evident. The difference it has made in your attitude and outlook must feel really great, too. Congrats!
  • ndrn1959
    ndrn1959 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success and journey. Stay healthy and happy:smile:
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look so happy!!
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your waist looks amazing!!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Looking good! Definitely a difference, and you're glowing and your skin looks so healthy!
  • hsandall
    hsandall Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look great, keep up the good work even if it isn't fast, its a marathon not a race! I have to tell myself that everyday!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Great job! I hope the meds help you pick it back up b/c that can definitely be discouraging. Are you taking metformin?

Yes, I'm taking Metformin. Synthroid for the hypothyroidism. I have started to notice subtle changes in my energy level and the scale has started to move again, slowly but surely.
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Good for you on getting healthy!!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    You look so strong so healthy. Fantastic progress, I feel fantastic for you. Hope you feel it toooo.
  • treblemaker90
    treblemaker90 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look great! And that's some serious dedication! Keep it up :)
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    Looking strong and in shape! No stopping you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!