How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately too many times a day. New scale and it doesn't seem very accurate. I do the Scale Step Aerobics!

I could have written this :)
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a week.
    On Mondays and Fridays.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    Unfortunately too many times a day. New scale and it doesn't seem very accurate. I do the Scale Step Aerobics!
    LOL :laugh:
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i weight every 2 days when i wake up :)
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Generally, once a week on the same day, in the morning after my toilette and before breakfast.
    There have been a couple times in the past 3 months though, where I wasn't feeling it (wasn't sensing any change in my body) and sure enough, when I stepped on the scale, my weight either wouldn't have changed or I had actually gained. I waited for three or four days, when I sensed that whatever change-up I had implemented took effect, and then weighed myself for a mid-week reading.

My weigh-in days are also when I do my measurements and when I check myself out in a full length mirror! That last part? Not a vanity thing! More like a reality check! I didn't have a full length mirror for years and really had no true idea of how big I had gotten! I knew I had to lose a few pounds; but I tended to camouflage myself fairly well and I guess my friends were too polite to say anything. It wasn't until I happened to glance into a reflective street level window pane one day that I realized that the fat lady staring back was me!

Anyway, the full-length mirror keeps me motivated; but like the scale, I don't use it every day. For me, it's too easy to get caught up in somewhat compulsive behavior (constantly checking and re-checking and becoming rather single-minded to the exclusion of normal behavior.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    EVERY DAY:drinker:
    I weigh in every morning upon awakening before eating or drinking and after a good pooh.

I only record 1 pound losses. Simple deal. No drama.
    It usually takes a week or so for me to lose a pound as per MFP recommended program of safe and sure reduction.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Whenever I want...thankfully I do not obsess about it... I know if I'm up 2lbs in a day, it's water weight. It's fun, especially because lately is been going down. Woop woop!
  • Mishadijo
    Mishadijo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. And OFTEN it fluctuates by pounds either way. I decided that i'm going to face the reality of this cycle and refuse to let it control my emotions and refuse to let my emotions control my (what used to be normal approach of eating my way into contenment or oblivion). It has taken quite a bit of determination to not let it bother me, and it sometimes still does but I find comfort in the 'trend line' as opposed to the day to day or week to week fluctuations in weight. It has now become somewhat of a very intersting exersize for me and almost look forward to those fluctuations as a healthy and normal part of this journey. As long as the trend over time goes down instead of up , then you are winning!! So take this little hits on the scale as just part of the normal process of obtaining your goal and stay with your end goal as your vision and look to why you are doing this in the first place for sustained inspiration. And also look to the many many examples right here to also inspire. Wishing you very good health and the tenacity and perseverence to stick with it always!. Keep well! Keep positive. This is about YOU, and so resist those destructive impules my friend... resist and look forward to that wonderfully healthy and more active you.
  • GrandpaRev
    GrandpaRev Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Something my doctor pointed out is to use the same scales and don't be discouraged... like other have pointed out, things vary from day to day, and for ladies, "monthly" as well.
    I've also found that it's much easier for me to stop by the clinic to use their scales. I use the same one, about the same time of the week. I also wear the same clothes (I don't wear shorts and t-shirt one day, and a suit the next week).
    I hardly get any exercise (mostly desk work), and I've lost 27 pounds on 9 weeks so far. Like one person pointed out, you have to make sure you're eating right as well. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED! Stick with it, and be positive.
    Blessings! :smile:
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Seems I am addicted to my scale!! I weigh several times a day! But I only record it once a week, every Friday morning.
  • charanne52
    charanne52 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm another one of those that is totally obsessed with the scale but I have improved. When I first started this journey I was hopping on the scale at least once an hour during the day but now I usually just weigh myself each morning after I get up. I'm not really bothered by the fluctuation as I don't log anything until I have lost at least 5 pounds and have maintained that weight for a week. I'm mainly concerned that I don't gain back what I have lost so I use the scale as a tool to keep me informed. I don't understand why people want to log percentages of a pound - that doesn't seem worthwhile to me but if it works for other people I'm happy for them.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    About every 5 weeks.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Usually every two weeks.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    17 times a day and 22 on Sundays when I'm bored.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    First thing every Monday morning.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Erry Saturday :glasses:
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    every 3 weeks, measurements every week and a half (they seem to make me less crazy and are more accurate than the scale)
  • megancarlotta
    Options
    Too much. I weigh myself before bed then when I wake up in the morning. So I think it is time to hide the scale. :ohwell:
  • lori__lynn
    lori__lynn Posts: 59
    Options
    Every morning and night. :(
  • vixmonsta
    vixmonsta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    every tuesday night after my zumba class....