Pounds in a dress size

Options

Replies

• lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    I went from a barely fits size 16 at 180 to a fits like it is supposed to maybe even a little loose size 10 at 150. So that would be 3 dress sizes 10 pounds each I guess. I now weigh 145 but have not tried on the 2 dresses I bought at the 150 mark since I wore them to the bridal tea, and rehersal dinner for my daughter-in -law. Guess I will do that today :)
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    For me after about 20lbs I started in an 18 now the 14 is loose!
  • BlondeQtTexas
    BlondeQtTexas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your frame size. I dropped 32 lbs and 3 dress sizes going from a 12 to a 6. I even fit in a few 4's.

I have a small frame.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    10 pounds equals a size for me. A 5 lb change makes my clothes a bit loose or tight, but a full 10 lbs will send me shopping :)
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    10 lbs
  • cyndioh
    cyndioh Posts: 2
    Options
    When I did Weight Watchers back in the day to lose my baby fat after birthing my kids, they always told us that 20 lbs. need to be shed before dropping the first dress size. After that, every 10 lbs. lost will drop you down one size. The reason it takes 20 lbs. initially is because we all tend to wear clothes that are actually too small for us when we are heavier than we should be so it takes losing the extra pounds to get into the correct size for our build. I hope that makes sense. Good luck with your journey!! :)
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Almost 50lbs down and dropped 2-3 dress sizes
  • leea022002
    leea022002 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awww.. don't worry things vary... I have so much weight to loose that I know it will take some time becuase I probably should of bought a different size so the size i'm in now would of been the one I was suppose to have gone down too.....lol once I am up to my 50lb of weight loss I will be able to go shopping in my closet lol. Good Luck and keep your head up :flowerforyou:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I really don't know...When I started this I was a 5x, and now 7 months later I am 2x. Shirts are 3x still but I don't like tight shirts. I know that my love handles have shrunk amazingly. But the boobs haven't gone down, will be please if they at least drop a cup size or two : )
  • charmander89
    charmander89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well, after the first 20lbs I think I went down one pant size, but then I had lost 5lbs, stalled for a few weeks and dropped another pant size mid stall, and I've dropped yet another size since losing 5 again. But I seem to be losing insanely fast from my hips and not so much from my waist...so its incredibly sporadic!
  • hyndsie
    hyndsie Posts: 22
    Options
    im 5' 10", ive lost 17 lb's so far and im still in the same clothes size, they are loose but i cant quite get into smaller size yet!!!
  • Mexie1
    Mexie1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was at the upper limit of a UK 14 at 159lb and 5'5".

Lost 27lb so far and I am somewhere between a 12 and a 14, but closer to a 12.

So for me, it will be more than 27lb to reliably go down one size.

I have wide hips, big boobs and a narrow waist, and I tend to gain/lose weight in an even layer over my whole body (except forearms and lower legs).
  • chloeraesmommy
    Options
    Ive lost 30 and only dropped one size
  • vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    Options
    ive lost 42 pounds and only just lost one dress size. very disappointing! not a single person has noticed my weight loss yet
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I lost 17 lb going from a 14 to a 12. Then going from a 12 to an 8 I only dropped 5 lbs. My secret? Weight training and HIIT cardio.
  • kasebrad
    kasebrad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs and 3 dress sizes, so about 13 lbs per size.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I can't remember for me exactly but what I do remember is sometimes I would jump 2 pants sizes... almost like I didn't realize the ones I had on were too big and wola!

I have heard though that 20 lbs = pants size... but I think everyone is different.
  • sheels9
    sheels9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think the larger the dress size the more pounds it takes. I've lost almost 35 pounds and I've only lost one dress size. I went from wearing 22s and 24s to wearing 20s and 22s. I hope the more I lose the less it'll take to drop a size lol
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It took about 15 pounds for me. I lose weight in my hips and legs first, and those areas don't affect dress size so much. It takes a while for me to lose weight in my torso and bust.
  • hjgrams
    hjgrams Posts: 10
    Options
    I started at a high 204 and in a very tight size 17 jeans 1xl shirt. I lost 18lbs and still in a size 17 but they fit loose and look good on me now. I can squeeze into a size 13 but it's not pretty yet. My shirt I went from 1xl to a L. So for me about 20lbs to be in a diffrent size.