Breakfast ideas

Options
Hey guys, I have toast in the morning, cut butter out altogether now on everything I have, I had pate on toast but not much at all, wondered what ideas I cud have that are good, I was going to ave jam but it wil be loads of sugar, so any ideas? also I would ave cereal but I also not sure what cereal to have either, I like sweet, so if i had cereal I wud ave to ave sweetner powder on top of cereal. any suggestions? nt keen on the fruit in cereal idea either? or any other breakfast suggestions?

Replies

• mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    FOr breakfast I usually eat any of the following:

-lower sugar maple oatmeal with 1% milk
    -cheerios with milk
    - whole wheat toast with almond butter
    -greek yogurt
    -smoothie with whey protein, fruit
    -eggs/egg whites
  • megami_girl
    megami_girl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of the week I prepare a dozen hard boiled eggs. I take out the yokes and eat two for breakfast..
    When I have time before work I make oatmeal and add cinnamon with some crushed almonds, walnuts and raisins.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Squish up half an avocado with a little lime and pepper. It sounds crazy but it tastes great.
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Something to add to your toast;

try a little cottage cheese with sliced tomato

or advocado with a touch of salsa

or mashed banana and pb
  • DanaKuffa
    DanaKuffa Posts: 1
    Options
    You could have some low fat yogurt with Nature Valley crushed granola bars mixed in with some berries. It' s sooooooooo good!!!!
  • julespringle
    Options
    For breakfast I have either:
    At work -
    Weetabix with a little milk or alpro almond milk (almond milk is lower calories and I find I don't need sugar)
    Banana and low fat natural yoghurt and little honey
    Low calorie Breakfast bar with a banana

Not at work -
    Wholemeal breakfast muffin with 2/3 eggs - no butter or milk just salt
    Porridge made with oats, almond milk, a little honey and banana or blueberries

I only have a breakfast consisting of more than 350 cals if I'm eating it late or if I know I am exercising that day.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
    1 teaspoon honey
    1/4 cup fresh blueberries
    +
    1 slice Sara Lee - 45 Calories & Delightful Wheat Bread W/ Honey
    1 tablespoon peanut butter

carb 27
    protein 20
    fat 9

1/2 cup scrambled egg whites
    1 cup broccoli
    1 slice Swiss cheese
    4 grape tomatoes, sliced
    dash Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
    +
    1 slice Sara Lee - 45 Calories & Delightful Wheat Bread W/ Honey
    1 light Laughing Cow

carb 14
    protein 27
    fat 10
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    My typical breakfast is:

Oatmeal with either Apple Butter or Blueberry Peach butter swirled in and some fresh fruit on top with some Greek Yogurt

or

Scrambled Egg whites and spinach in a low carb wrap with a chicken sausage on the side.

Sometimes I'll do a Greek Yogurt Parfait where I put the Greek yogurt in a cup, top with a whole grain cereal (currently I have Great Grains at home but I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch too) and topped with some fresh fruit.

And other times I'll toast up a bagel thin and put peanut butter or spread a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on top of that.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Squish up half an avocado with a little lime and pepper. It sounds crazy but it tastes great.

Avacado anytime. I love it mixed with Miracle whip light and put on toast!
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my breakfasts:

-half cinnamon/raisin bagel with light cream cheese
    -multi-grain Cheerios, half cup fat-free milk with blueberries
    -toast with almond butter and banana slices
    -egg whites with ham, peppers and onions
    -oatmeal with raspberries and honey

and ALWAYS black coffee!
  • successiswithinme
    successiswithinme Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    right now I am hung up on oatmeal with banana and I thin the oatmeal with chocolate soy. milk....sooooo good!!
  • arw4
    arw4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like smoothies with 1 chobani greek yogurt (140-160 calories), a banana (110 calories apprx.), and 1/2 a cup of 2% milk (55 calories). Makes for a delicious and filling breakfast.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I really try and avoid anything with refined sugar in it as I end up starving hungry before lunch. Some ideas....

Porridge (oatmeal) with optional toppings...banana, peanut butter, honey, agave nectar or equivalent.
    Toast with reduced sugar jam, banana, (butter really is one of my favourite toppings but I read you'd given it up)
    Rye bread with cheese
    Omelette (if I have time)
    Non-sugar added cereals - I eat a brand called Rude Health and they make puffed oats, I have those with milk mixed with sugarfree Crusha milkshake mix.
  • lizzie093
    lizzie093 Posts: 81
    Options
    these were some of the breakfasts iv planned for this week:

- Quick oats and 1 English muffin with peanut butter. (371 calories)
    - Strawberry flavored chobani Greek yoghurt, 4 strawberries & 1 slice of peanut butter toast. (272 calories)
    - 3 weetbix biscuits with minimal skim milk, and 1 slice of peanut butter toast. (287 calories)
    - Plain greek yoghurt (spoonful of stevia sweetner), 50grams of muesli and 50grams of frozen raspberries. (318 calories)
    - 50grams of muesli with minimal skim milk, and 1 slice of peanut butter toast. (352 calories)

the calories for you may vary because of the brands i use.

you can have a look at my diary if you wanted, it has all my breakfasts planned for the next 2 weeks if you wanted ideas.
    (yes i plan my meals for the week, embarrassing but helps me stay on track hahaha well the only way i do stay on track)
  • vampy25
    vampy25 Posts: 30
    Options
    Yeah am thiinking bout getting some low fat yoghurt, and put fruit in it, or yoghurt over a good cereal.