4th of July Binge!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Don't even fret... Drink plenty of water to help the salt a bit. Eat like nothing happened tomorrow. I wish I had BBQ...
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    For those of you saying one binge day won't hurt you. Yes to an extent. However when it is over 2500 calories and there are 3500 in a lb of fat, then it just doesn't hold true.
  • gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Everyone has days like that where they overdo it just enough. But I once had a weight watcher meeting leader say everyday is a new day and every plate is a new plate. So pick up today as if yesterday never happened and move on :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    For those of you saying one binge day won't hurt you. Yes to an extent. However when it is over 2500 calories and there are 3500 in a lb of fat, then it just doesn't hold true.

And given the above data, why doesn't it hold true?
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It happens! Shake it off, and restart your healthy eating.

One day will not destroy your lifestyle change.... so don't beat yourself up over it :smile:
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    While I doubt that fasting for one day would hurt you, it really isn't necessary. This is a life long journey so I would encourage you to forgive yourself for being human and get back on track. Cut back 100-200 calories a day and exercise a little more faithfully. It is just my experience, but any time I try the extreme stuff it backfires on me. Good luck!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Have you done the math? Let's say you have a 500-calorie deficit per day. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, you eat your normal amount, which gives you a 3000-calorie deficit for the week. Wednesday, you eat your normal amount plus 2500. That gives you a 500-calorie deficit for the week. It's not your original goal - but it's still a slight deficit, and definitely not a surplus.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Don't punish yourself for eating... you're trying to create a positive relationship with food and this will negatively impact it. That being said, eating less after a day of eating more is not going to hurt you. So if you want to try to eat a bit less, it's OK, but if you get hungry, don't withhold food because you think you were "bad". Know what I mean?
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have stopped making a big deal of the holidays. Yesterday, I did Ouse cleaning, watched a movie, went to a friend BBQ and had one chicken drumstick and a skewer that had meat and veggies on it, and 2 beers. Then, left early. Don't care about fireworks.

I guess I've been doing soul searching about what holidays are about and what they are for, and what's the point behind them. A small celebration is in order, but I don't know why people are so over the top about it. It's just another day. Plus, I had to go to work the next day. That was a big motivator to not drink too much, and keep the alcohol under control.
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you only had a 1 day binge...I think I'm finally at the end of my 2 week binge blechhh
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I think its not as big of a deal as you believe. It happens to all of us, like everyone else is saying. a binge in a binge and you just gotta get back on track the rest of the week.

If it makes you feel better I probably drank my calorie allotment for the day in beer. Not including food, I did eat but not a WHOLE lot.

Now its 10 AM and I'm still not hungry at ALL lol I aint eatin till I am.
  • thinteacher
    Options
    Many programs allow a "splurge" day. The key is to get back on the program and don't beat yourself up. I splurged yesterday also but did do a small amount of exercise but not enough for the splurge. At it again today....tomorrow is gone and today is here....
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I went to Zumba in the morning so I could have a hot dog on the 4th without guilt. Didn't eat a hot dog but bratwurst and it was delish. Had 2 chicken wings some watermelon and a half of cup of macaroni salad. Oh and one bite of my daughters hamburger. We didn't have cakes and brownies and such so that was a blessing, not even any baked beans, which my daughter gave me hell for not making. I was up a lb this morning but TOM is visiting this week also I expected it.

It's just one day, you can't let that get you down. You have to dig real deep, and I mean real deep, to not eat and enjoy yourself.
    Work on finding that will power for the next holiday but don't beat yourself up over what happened yesterday.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    You can fast if that makes you feel better. Fasting for one day will have about the same effect as binging for one day - That is, practically none.

If overall you are eating on target, then I don't see any reason to feel concerned. If you've developed healhier eating habits overall, then that's really what matters here.
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    First, thank you for posting this! I ate SO bad yesterday!!!! I feel better now that I know I was not alone. I ate 2 bbq ribs, half of a grilled chicken breast and THREE rice crispy treats!!!! And I had cereal that morning. I was seriously depressed!!! But today is a new day, and we are all allowed to cheat every now and then.
  • MaryV34
    MaryV34 Posts: 32
    Options
    I would just move on from it. I went almost 200 calories over yesterday, but I am not gonna beat myself up over it. Today I am going back to my normal routine and going to increase my exercises the rest of the week to make up for the extra calories I had. Makes me feel better that others did the same thing.
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Shake it off! We had a barbeque yesterday and I "showed my *kitten*" I ate so much potato salad , mac and cheese.... everyone including my husband were laughing at me about it because I said "I can't eat too much". It was just too good. I am not beating myself up over it. I laughed it happens sometimes. I stepped on the scale and I gained 1 lb. It was all worth it... I will lose that pound and more in the next couple of weeks. Don't let food keep you from enjoying yourself. Life is too short....
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would hurt the OP to fast for a day after a binge like that. If you want, take a protein shake or two, but you ate enough that it might not be a bad idea to try to fast for a day and go way under your calorie goal. Then eat normal again starting tomorrow.