Beef Stew

Options
Hi everyone....
I am thinking a making a home made beef stew...all fresh ingreditents....how do i calculate the calories for this....beef cubes, celery, onions, potatoes, carrots, and tomato sauce....Please help!!!

Replies

• Nicksmom1974
    Options
    Hi everyone....
    I am thinking a making a home made beef stew...all fresh ingreditents....how do i calculate the calories for this....beef cubes, celery, onions, potatoes, carrots, and tomato sauce....Please help!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Just a tip - use Yukon Jack Yellow potatoes - they have alot less calories than the other potatoes out there. :flowerforyou:
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/11023-awesome-beef-stew?hl=beef+stew#posts-80297

That's the recipe for my "healthy" beef stew. It's really good. You can see I included a calorie estimate, just by adding up everything that went in and then dividing by the total volume into serving sizes. It's hard to get it perfectly accurate with something like a big pot of stew because you can't control EXACTLy what comes up in each ladle, but good enough for me! Good luck! :wink:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Most eye-catching "Intro" line I've ever seen. :laugh:

Welcome! :smile:
  • leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    Options
    I would only worry about the calories from the cut of beef.
    I use lots of veggies, potatoes , low sodium beef broth, V8 juice, garlic minced, oregano, salt and pepper. Use corn starch to thicken it.

Cant go wrong with stew, anything goes.
  • Nicksmom1974
    Options
    Thanks alot that really helped....I'm trying to do this mostly right and get my health in order. Thanks again.