OMG What did I do?!

Options
I ate like a maniac yesterday and the scale jumped 4.5 lbs! Ugh! We had 2 family dinners to go to but I ate turkey, small slice of ham, spoonful mashed potatoes, spoonful stuffing, i roll, 5 sausage balls and 2 slices of pie. THEN I shared a bowl of fritos and salsa with my mom and ate 4 oatmeal raisin cookies..........i feel like such a schmuck. I completely lost control! I was at 170 dang it!!!!!! *sigh*

I guess today's a serious "detox day".

Replies

• erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt that you ate enough yesterday to gain 4.5 pounds. That would be 15750 calories on top of your maintenance numbers! I would imagine most of the weight gain will be sodium related. Things like sausage have an awful lot in. Drink plenty of water over the next few days and you'll probably find that most of it drops back off.

Panic not.

Erika
  • vitabella
    vitabella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey. OKAY breathe, and dont freak out. I ate really bad too. The best thing to do is dont freak out, you didnt actually gain 4.5 pounds, its just food still in your body along with water, Anyways, what i do whenever i eat like i did last night is, i will do cardio for 2, 45 minutes sessions the next day, i cut carbs except for breakfast and remain under my allowed calories. By day 3 or 5 i am usually back to what i was. So just exercise as much as you can today & eat healthy. But if you eat bad today, and maybe some tomorrow it will keep adding..
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    lol yeah, thanks. :)
    still though, i had a plan. i was going to eat salad with turkey bits and (real) cranberry sauce and 1 small slice of pumpkin pie. i completely lost my willpower when my sister looked at me, practically beaming as I made my plate. It was her very first Thanksgiving by herself and she made EVERYTHING from scratch by herself. She would have understood, too, about my diet. ugh. schmuck.
  • SHERRYDAVIS3472
    Options
    (hit the wrong button and can't delete this... sorry, I'm a rookie at this)
  • SHERRYDAVIS3472
    Options
    Hey, don't feel bad, I ate MORE than that!! My scale jumped back up to where I was 3 weeks ago, same as yours, up 4 1/2 pounds! :( Unfortunately for me, Thanksgiving dinner was at my house so I still have 3 desserts calling my name and I have horrible will power when it comes to sweets!! :o)
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    Major bummer. Oh well, we'll both know better next time, huh? Christmas is only a few weeks away. I've got to be suuuuuuuuuuuper good. I have a New Year's Goal, I really don't want to blow it!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    sounds like lots of sodium. Drink lots and lots of water the next few days and I bet you will drop right back down.

I am not stepping on the scale for 1 week. I have a week to drink and eat right and exercise and I know, after a year of maint, that I am going to be back to my original weight.

No worries!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    i HAD 2394 calories.. EEEKKKKK! I gained 5 lbs since Wednesday!! So the nurse at my job said no way in hell did I gain 5lbs in 1 day.. Looks like water water water for todays meals...
  • SHERRYDAVIS3472
    Options
    Me too! Hang in there, you'll do great! :o)
  • christine918
    Options
    I say it's my Mother that sabatoges my weight loss, I know it's me. I'm like a drugie, but with food! I am great, until I let myself have 1 cookie, 1 brownie, 1 piece of pie, well, 1 of anything sweet. Then, I cant stop! I just keep on eating! Ugg I have totally lost control the last 3 days. I havent even gotten on the scale to see what I have gained. It will be ugly I promise. Ok, now that I have that out, I know I have to stay away from my Mama's house for the rest of the weekend! It is a feast from Wed. before Thanksgiving til Sunday! Every pie cookie, and cake you can imagine! Plus all the leftovers! Wheww my family loves to eat! Gotta get back on track!

Anyone else's family push unhealthy food?? Mine does and they are like "you don't have anything to worry about" . But I do. I gain weight so fast its unreal!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Mine is the bread. I realized yesterday I had a plate of white.....white potatoes, stuffing, white sourdough bread, and sugar in the pumpkin pie.

I have not eaten like this in a very long time and it occured to me this is why I gained so much weight. No THOUGHT went into what I put on my plate, feelings did! I 'felt like' stuffing, my memory of my mom's mashed potatoes made me want more taters and gravy (don't get me started on the gravy!)

So today I am choosing to THINK. If I want more stuffing, then I have to have protein to balance it. If I want more calories, I better get my butt out their and walk my 2 miles or I will be eating salad with no dressing.

Back to the REAL me!! WOOT!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself Monday 173 lbs - weighed again day after Thanksgiving 179 lbs!! ouch! Weighed today after going number 2 and scale showed 177.5. I'm sure maybe once I flush my system out with water and more "movements" weight should be back down. not too bummed.
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    Yep, i'm at 173 today. We had a dinner for friends last night and I just knew I was going to blow it. I didn't lose anything, but I didn't gain a ridiculous amount either so......There was oreo cream pie....I felt so guilty.

I REALLY have to get back on track. At least Christmas is less of a binge fest in my family. At worst theres a ham, which I cut out a long time ago anyway. At best, my mom's already thinking about her weight loss new year's resolution and might do dinner LA Weightloss style! LOL
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    Yep, i'm at 173 today. We had a dinner for friends last night and I just knew I was going to blow it. I didn't lose anything, but I didn't gain a ridiculous amount either so......There was oreo cream pie....I felt so guilty.

I REALLY have to get back on track. At least Christmas is less of a binge fest in my family. At worst theres a ham, which I cut out a long time ago anyway. At best, my mom's already thinking about her weight loss new year's resolution and might do dinner LA Weightloss style! LOL
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    It sounds like water weight I made sure to drink lots of water before during and after thanksgiving. I have had to go to the restroom alot but no weight gain. Just watch your sodium intake now and drink lots of water and the number should be back down in a couple of days. Good Luck.
  • kmarsala99
    Options
    I am refusing to get on the scale until next Friday after I drink water water and more water, and walk walk walk. I know if I do, I might get discouraged. I want to stay on track and meet my goals.
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I gained 4 lbs during my 4-day binge-a-thon! I ate around 6-8,000 extra calories per day since Wednesday. My goal for this week: eat very little and work out everyday!

Welcome to the holidays...