Anyone try a stretch mark cream that works?

Options
Aesto
Aesto Posts: 29 Member
I have older (got in my teens) stretch marks on my hips that I absolutly hate. They are silver and pretty faded but they still bother me. I finally have the body I want, but now I am worried about showing these stretch marks. Anyone have any advise. What to buy what not to buy. THANK YOU.

Replies

• BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately creams don't really work. Been looking for creams all my life and tried many and nothing has really worked.
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bio oil twice a day helped mine fade but they are not completely gone...
  • bringit30
    bringit30 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem :( My hips and boobs grew too fast and it wasn't to weight gain, it was just to becoming a women. If anyone has the magic answer, I would love to know!
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The Mederma works, but is really expensive!
  • Americanpeanut
    Options
    Bio Oil is nice, and anything with coconut in it is meant to help. I suppose it's helping keep your body hydrated, so I'm not sure how well they work, but I like them! Good luck!
  • dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump =)
  • keconrad6485
    keconrad6485 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bio Oil also worked pretty well for me. It's a bit greasy, but I noticed a difference in their appearance within about 3 weeks.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Tried bio oil. No effect. Once they are scarred over (silvery color), they are there for good. Bio oil and creams may work on newer stretch marks that are still red or purplish, but not for older ones.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I use Coco-butter but its only lighten them up, I still have stretch marks. They don't show up in photos as much as they did before. I guess it depends on the lighting. I know that once I hit my ultimate goal I'm going to get the Mederma done.

fda.jpg

I think weight loss helps with the fade of them more then the actual coco-butter
  • chelseyjoan
    chelseyjoan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mederma
  • chelseyjoan
    chelseyjoan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    However, my brother uses it for stretchmarks on back, biceps and chest from working out and they are purple stretch marks.. but mederma worked for that..
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I thought that any cream would only make them that silvery color.. =/ Mine on my belly are deep red. When I started getting that color (at age 20) I knew I had to lose.. but like I said I'm only 20 and never have been prego so I don't want stretch marks.. =/ So I'd like to know if there has been anything to help them go away....
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure nothing really works to make them gone. The bio oil helps them fade. If you get a spray tan it makes them less visible.

Also, I read somewhere not too long ago about Johnson's skin perfecting oil. worth a shot!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hvaing been in the beauty industry for many years I can tell you than NONE of them will make stretch marks dissapear. They can reduce the appearance, reduce some of the redness but this is torn tissue and no cream will repair it. Keeping your skin well hydrated will reduce the risk of stretch marks forming, however once the tissue is torn, the damge is done.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You can't get rid of stretch marks. They'll always be there, for the rest of your life. Embrace them. :flowerforyou:

With that said, if you want to help them fade from the purple-red that they start out to be to a mild silvery skin tone color, BioOil has already given me a little bit of results after a few weeks. Good luck!
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Mederma is so expensive - £30 ($47)!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I use Coco-butter but its only lighten them up, I still have stretch marks. They don't show up in photos as much as they did before. I guess it depends on the lighting. I know that once I hit my ultimate goal I'm going to get the Mederma done.

fda.jpg

I think weight loss helps with the fade of them more then the actual coco-butter

I saw these in another post....very inspiring! <3 Thanks for posting.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Bio oil twice a day helped mine fade but they are not completely gone...
    Same here. It works REALLY well on new marks (the ones that are still red/purple) but for old ones I don't think any cream works. I've done a bit of googling (so: take this with a hefty grain of salt) and apparently the only thing that would work is laser treatment.
  • JenniLisette
    JenniLisette Posts: 132
    Options
    what i tried ws Vitamine E capsules, pop it with a needle and rub that oil on u... and they've disappeared a lot however havent gone away..but then again i hav 4 kids and they gae me a looooot of stripes so maybe if u dont have that many they'll disappear. best of luck!