Strapless bra question

Options
2»

Replies

• KraseyBeauty
    Options
    I'm a 28HH, so I definitely feel your pain on the strapless front! Freya makes some great ones. Check out figleaves!
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I think I'll check out VS and Lane Bryant, as they are most convenient. I don't like to bra shop online - they all end up going back! And - I was thinking about the clear straps as well, but sometimes they can look tacky.
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The best option is a strapless long line bra... My bra fitter put me in one under deafening protests from me.. and then I shut right up because it worked. I'm a 34DD too.. It's also sexy as hell too. :wink:

http://www.amazon.com/Maidenform-Womens-Strapless-Longline-Convertible/dp/B003BNZ4KY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1341498813&sr=8-3&keywords=strapless+longline+bra
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My mom wears a DD as well. Try Lane Bryant's bras...she swears by them.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've started buying my bras from Bravissimo. I haven't tried a strapless yet, but they specialize in pretty bras for women in larger sizes. It seems like they ought to be able to do a decent strapless bra. Their beginning cup size is D and they go up from there. I have two balconette bras I bought last summer that I LOVE. Ships from England, but the cost isn't killer (I think it cost $12 for my order last year).

http://www.bravissimo.com/
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    The best bra I've found (I'm like a 36D) is Self-Expressions brand at Target. The model is 05032. It's very formed, with wires, and has 3 hooks on the back.... and that is pretty much all I own now is that brand and style. It's convertible, so it works with pretty much anything I want to wear. The only complaint I have is lower shirts will show the bra since it's got quite a bit of coverage. But I live in this bra. Better than nearly anything I ever bought at VS. (I had one exception VS bra a while back, but haven't found anything as good since.)

self-expressions-slfx01-05032-gs.jpg
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say Victoria Secret. They have all kinds of options and I have never had any problems. But then again I'm a member of the Itty bitty club!
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have a "Ambrielle" with removable straps, clear straps etc. that works ok. I think that is a JCPenneys brand bra? I agree that for women with larger boobs strapless bras are crap and don't work very well.
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Figured I'd update everyone who was interested with what I ended up with. Lane Bryant doesn't have anything smaller than a 36, so I went to Victoria Secret. I bought a Body by Victoria Multi-Way bra. I LOVE IT!!! So comfortable, and I don't feel like it's going to fall down. Well worth the $52
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Have you thought about using the invisible straps with little rhinestones in them?
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36D and I got mine at La Senza :)
    Still, they are hard to support, I don't have many tops/dresses that are strapless anymore :P
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I used to be a 36D and strapless bras didnt give me enough support. When my brother was getting married I needed one of those corset type strapless bras cuz of the shape of my dress. It actually supported my boobs and they looked nice in a strapless for a change lol. I think I got it at Lady Grace.
  • Mexie1
    Mexie1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wonderbra Ultimate strapless bra with 'hand support'. Try on a load of different sizes, not just the size you think you are. I ended up in completely different size to usual but it is very supportive. It has a wide band under the bust which I have always wanted but never found before except in corsets.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I have very large boobs, 32 GG, and there are not strapless bras in my size worth a damn, I wear a basque or corset instead
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I HATE them with a passion because they don't give me nice shape at all.

I agree they are not very good! I wear them with my tank tops but it makes me look flat chested.