Is Insanity kicking your *kitten*?

Options
onikonor
onikonor Posts: 473 Member
I'm on week 3 of the programs and noticing I'm able to do more and more of the video. That said, it's still kicking my *kitten* pretty badly.

Is anyone else having trouble doing the whole video or am I just in over my head?

Warm up: I'm able to get through 2 rounds, 3rd round is too fast I have to go at pace 2.
Level 1 drills: again same story here, I get through 1 round and most of second round but most of the time I feel like I'm dying during second rep (I think there are only 2 reps of this)
Level 2 drills: I keep trying but can barely do these at this point in the video lol

Replies

• nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!

These workouts are soooo hard BUT as time goes on you do get better and like Shaun T says, take breaks when you need to! I'm 10 days away from finishing Insanity and when I started I couldn't do a push up! Now I can do push ups in ways I never knew existed :laugh:

Keep digging deeper and you will get stronger & better with each day :bigsmile:
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I made it to the second month and the asskicking gets so much worse. LOL. I'm on week 1 of month 2 and am only making it two rounds through each circuit and still not finishing it completely yet. Eventually I was able to get to the end of a month 1 workout. Regardless, I have still lost inches. Do your best and you will improve. It will still be hard LOL.
  • onikonor
    Options
    Now I can do push ups in ways I never knew existed :laugh:

Oooh do tell hehe ;)
  • onikonor
    Options
    I was just wondering if everyone else is getting as bad an asskicking as me lol
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Oooh do tell hehe ;)

Lol, side, squat, power, balance, normal, push up jack - this all comes in month 2. I didn't manage a push up jack until fit test #3 so just keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there.

Hopefully you're seeing improvements & getting results and that's really what it's all about :happy:
  • crzylizard99
    Options
    Wait till week 1 of month 2. It's like day 1 all over again.
  • onikonor
    Options

Oooh do tell hehe ;)

Lol, side, squat, power, balance, normal, push up jack - this all comes in month 2. I didn't manage a push up jack until fit test #3 so just keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there.

Hopefully you're seeing improvements & getting results and that's really what it's all about :happy:

Yeah I could only do lady pushups on day 1 and now I can do a few man pushups and a few pushup jacks (those are hard). I can also do more high knees now, etc.

I can't wait to see what month 2 is all about lol I heard it's a lot of upper body work.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yeah it kicks me. Month 2 especially now. I thought month 1 was hard but no way, month 2 really is insane. The push-ups in max plyo are insane. And yes, its more upper body but cardio conditioning, I think its for both. The first two days, my arms, shoulders, back & abs were aching. It did feel like day 1 of Insanity all over. lol
  • kaigausista
    kaigausista Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in month two and it is definitely 'kicking my *kitten*'. Well I'm also quite 'heavy' on the scale so had to modify certain moves that I really and is just beyond my physical strength to do. Month 2, I'm just like.... SERIOUSLY? just when I thought that was insane the next move is even more insane but I'm loving it. Kept pressing play and I'm amazed how much I've improved. From girly push-ups (struggling even) to 4 regular push ups non stop. It does seem like not much but to me it's a mile stone. Just the thought of push ups scares me let alone a 'moving push up'. So far so good... push ups, moving push ups, insane stretches etc. Just love insanity! So far I've lost 9lbs and inches and hoping to lose more inches this second month.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I only just started - so yep it is kicking my *kitten*!! I do what I can and take breaks as needed. I would like to finish it, not pass out half way through. You are doing amazing!! Keep it up!
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Side pushups KILL me! I did a whopping 3 yesterday. Power pushups: goose egg. Any tips?
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Oh am I glad to see this thread. I thought I was the only one who couldnt do a push up, now I can do 4 whoop whooop! LOL. Okay my question is, did you repeat month 1 before moving on? I do all of the work outs but break alot especially in the last half of the workouts. Small like 5 second breaks to complete lay out in the floor from my arms killing me, LOL . I start week 5 tomorrow.
  • onikonor
    Options
    Oh am I glad to see this thread. I thought I was the only one who couldnt do a push up, now I can do 4 whoop whooop! LOL. Okay my question is, did you repeat month 1 before moving on? I do all of the work outs but break alot especially in the last half of the workouts. Small like 5 second breaks to complete lay out in the floor from my arms killing me, LOL . I start week 5 tomorrow.

I plan to just move on to month 2 since that's the part that gives you the best results. I also get really tired with about 10 minutes left on the video.
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    Like the others said, month two is hell! I was so beat up the first week plus I had other stuff going on and couldn't do every day, I started the first week of month two again this week.

You'll be amazed at your improvement when you get to your second and third fit test. Ha ha, in fact, the first day of the second month you do a fit test AND a full cardio workout. It's the sorest I've ever been with Insanity!!

Yes, long story short, it still kicks my *kitten*...BUT I LOVE IT! I feel SO DAMN good when I'm done with it. Just remember the mind quits before the body. I keep telling myself that when I want to stop and it has helped me so much. It's only 40/50 minutes of a day. As Sean T says, "YOU CAN DO IT! DIG DEEPER PEOPLE!"
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am starting Monday! Excited and very nervous after reading about this program! How has the weight loss part of it been for those of you who have been on the program for a while? How does it compare to other weight loss or fitness programs you have done before?
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    It comes with time. It's suppose to kick your *kitten* like that.
  • LelaYang
    LelaYang Posts: 43
    Options
    I did the 60 day insanity program last summer and even when I was at my most fit, it STILL kicked my *kitten*. That's what is so wonderful about it. It's not easy, even for those who are fit. I mean, look at the individuals in the actual work out dvd. They are dying with us as well. Keep it up!!!
  • LelaYang
    LelaYang Posts: 43
    Options
    I am starting Monday! Excited and very nervous after reading about this program! How has the weight loss part of it been for those of you who have been on the program for a while? How does it compare to other weight loss or fitness programs you have done before?

It's definitely intimidating at first, but just take your time with it. You aren't going to be able to do ALL of it your first time. Take breaks and be proud of your accomplishments. Don't focus on what you "can't" do yet, because sooner or later you'll surprise yourself. Enjoy the process and stay focused. I've tried many other fitness activities prior to insanity. I was a former gymnast and volleyball player. I'm now really addicted to running, but none of these activities tone me up and keep me as strong as insanity did. You will love it if you keep to it!!!
  • onikonor
    Options

I'm in the middle of week 3 (and maybe it's still too soon to tell) and so far I have not lost any weight but I do thing I have trimmed down. Health-wise I feel a lot better.

As for comparison to other programs I have done... I used to go to Goodlife fitness to their harder classes (body attack and body combat). I did this for 2-3 months 3 times a week 1-2 hours a day. Then I stopped going altogether and not doing any other exercising for about a year. Doing insanity for 2 weeks gave me the same results as 2-3 months at Goodlife. How do I know this? I went back to Goodlife to Body attack class and where I was struggling last year this year seemed much much easier.
  • MrExcessive
    Options
    Nothing like a good *kitten* kicking. Once you complete Insanity do the Asylum and really get your *kitten* kicked! :) Good luck to everyone doing Insanity it's a great workout I have done the routine 2x completely and a hybrid with P90X. You can do it....DIG DEEPER!!!