Steroids and pregnancy

Options
broox80
broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
Hi!!!! I am 22 weeks pregnant and have had a horrible time with my asthma during this pregnancy. I have had it most of my life but it has been pretty well controlled with inhalers!! I was hospitalized at 16 weeks and was given multipal doses of a steroid through my IV. I just had another series of attacks and they put me on prednisone for 2 months. After I take it I can feel the baby moving around like crazy!! My Dr has assured me that this is the best thing for the baby but I still worry!! Any other experiences with this????

Replies

• eacatterton
    eacatterton Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was put on Prednisone at 30 weeks with my first child (currently pregnant with my second) for complications I was having, nothing to do with asthma. I do not remember having any concerns with excessive movement from him at the time. However, I did gain a good amount of weight from the prednisone and so did my son. I was on the prednisone until they took him via scheduled c-section at 38 weeks, and he weighed in at a little over 10lbs!!! I ended up gaining over 60lbs throughout my pregnancy and over half of that was in the last 8 weeks.