I need some help please!!! I just don't know what to do.

Options
2»

Replies

• jeanninecurran
    jeanninecurran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use wonderful products from Walden Farms. They make 0 calorie( 0 everything) salad dressings, pasta sauce, jelly, peanut spread, syrup, bbq sauce, ect. It's really good (espically the salad dressing which is delicious) and saves my butt when I'm hungry but want to save calories. Try it. You can find it in supermarkets. The salad dressing is in the refridgerated produce dept. If not in your local supermarket go online
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I use wonderful products from Walden Farms. They make 0 calorie( 0 everything) salad dressings, pasta sauce, jelly, peanut spread, syrup, bbq sauce, ect. It's really good (espically the salad dressing which is delicious) and saves my butt when I'm hungry but want to save calories. Try it. You can find it in supermarkets. The salad dressing is in the refridgerated produce dept. If not in your local supermarket go online

Zero calorie peanut spread? Presumably contains no peanuts then.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I don't think what those 1200 calories is composed of will matter much, for weight loss purposes.

I respectfully and strongly disagree with this. Nutrition needs to always be of primary importance especially when you are running a calorie deficit. It should trump everything. Your body, energy level, blood sugar levels, exercise recovery, etc... are much more sensitive during this time and every ounce of food you now eat becomes MUCH more important! Over time, with better nutrition you will have less hunger surges and less fatigue and better sleep- just to name a few things.
    i agree with this statement i cannot understand why people eat complete rubbish while trying to lose wait just because you get skinny on the outside doesn,t mean your healthy on the inside choosing the right nutrition combats all kinds of illnesses plus provides essentisl vitamins and minerals

Did you guys read the original post? This isn't a lifestyle change, it's a 'lose weight in 3 weeks contest to win a car contest'. She's not asking for advice about nutrition and health.

When you eat 1200 and burn off 500 it doesn't mean you're 'taking in' 700. It means you're eating at a deficit. Which is the definition of weight loss.
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    I don't think what those 1200 calories is composed of will matter much, for weight loss purposes.

I respectfully and strongly disagree with this. Nutrition needs to always be of primary importance especially when you are running a calorie deficit. It should trump everything. Your body, energy level, blood sugar levels, exercise recovery, etc... are much more sensitive during this time and every ounce of food you now eat becomes MUCH more important! Over time, with better nutrition you will have less hunger surges and less fatigue and better sleep- just to name a few things.
    i agree with this statement i cannot understand why people eat complete rubbish while trying to lose wait just because you get skinny on the outside doesn,t mean your healthy on the inside choosing the right nutrition combats all kinds of illnesses plus provides essentisl vitamins and minerals

Did you guys read the original post? This isn't a lifestyle change, it's a 'lose weight in 3 weeks contest to win a car contest'. She's not asking for advice about nutrition and health.

When you eat 1200 and burn off 500 it doesn't mean you're 'taking in' 700. It means you're eating at a deficit. Which is the definition of weight loss.
    yes and also not eating enough and taking laxative advise will make her ill have some common sense
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I think that if she believed that crash dieting for 2 weeks was going to ruin her health, she wouldn't be doing it. I don't think she asked for anyone's advice on IF she should be doing it.

BTW, OP, nothing here is going to kill you for 2 weeks, which I think you know. That's how Biggest Losers crash diet for a year and survive.
  • stephvaile
    Options
    i think you are very wrong crash dieting can cause a lot of long term problems not least kick starting eating disorders of which there are alot of recovering aneroxics on this site i wonder if you would like someone to give your daughter /granddaughter this advise and yes i realise the op is 30 years old and i hope she is intelligent enough to ignore half of this advise she can still lose the weight eating for optimal health which means that the cals she is having should be nutrient rich to get her to her goal and all these foods are low cal low fat fruits and veggies lean protein then at least she won,t collapse at the weigh in
  • JustAmyRenee
    JustAmyRenee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am looking for both long term, and short term. I am making a lifestyle change, or Iwouldn't have stuck with this weight loss challenge for 10 weeks so far, and I wouldn't have committed myself to losing $60 a month to a gym.

same token though I only have 2 weeks left and really want to win. and need to lose the most lb's that I can.

my NET caloric intake varies depending on the day of the week. on sat and sun when im working 14 hours at the restaurant, and burning 8,000 calories doing everything from jumping jacks between tickets, to walking lunges to make the drinks for my tables to just never stopping and standing still like i used too, I have a huge defecit because I am working all day and have little time to eat and when i do I don't want to put the deep fried, covered in gravy cook everything with pork renderings food we serve. so on those days I have like a 7,000 calorie defict.

on days I only work my office job I go burn 500 on the elliptical and have consumed 1300 calories, so a combined 800 calories.

and if I work both jobs I will usually be even, because I'll eat when I get off work. 1340 calories for the day.

I'm not a good crash dieter so even though I appreciate the advise I have very little self control and a whole heck of a lot of cravings.

I have already cut table salt from my diet, and drink stritcly water, about 5 quarts aday right now.
    and the food prepared in the cafeteria at my desk job is usually salt free (hosptial)

I like the sauna idea, can i do that the night before? because I was wanting to do a 6 am weigh in, because I am always lighter in the mornings.

oh and on the laxatives,.... I have to have a colonoscopy soon, and was thinking of scheduling it for later in the day on my weigh-in lol...2 birds 1 stone?
  • lalamando11
    Options
    Ok guys I need help. I'm 20 years old and have been struggling with my weight for a while. I normally workout 5-6 times a week. I lift and do a HIIT workout M-W-F and then do long cardio T-R-S. I try to eat all the calories that MFP tells me to eat and I haven't lost any weight the past month I hit a wall and I changed up my exercise and diet to try to get over the plateau. I keep hearing about how for cardio you should only do 30 mins of one thing and then change to a different cardio exercise instead of doing an hour long on just one machine? I don't know do you guys have any tips I'm completely out of ideas and I don't know what to do.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    20lbs in 2 weeks?

You could cut off both arms.

I'm only partially joking. It's practically physiologically impossible to lose 20lbs of fat in 2 weeks. And it's absolutely unhealthy to even try. Of the more rapid 30lbs you lost already, you will find that a large percentage of it was initial water weight.
  • stephvaile
    Options
    I am looking for both long term, and short term. I am making a lifestyle change, or Iwouldn't have stuck with this weight loss challenge for 10 weeks so far, and I wouldn't have committed myself to losing $60 a month to a gym.

same token though I only have 2 weeks left and really want to win. and need to lose the most lb's that I can.

my NET caloric intake varies depending on the day of the week. on sat and sun when im working 14 hours at the restaurant, and burning 8,000 calories doing everything from jumping jacks between tickets, to walking lunges to make the drinks for my tables to just never stopping and standing still like i used too, I have a huge defecit because I am working all day and have little time to eat and when i do I don't want to put the deep fried, covered in gravy cook everything with pork renderings food we serve. so on those days I have like a 7,000 calorie defict.

on days I only work my office job I go burn 500 on the elliptical and have consumed 1300 calories, so a combined 800 calories.

and if I work both jobs I will usually be even, because I'll eat when I get off work. 1340 calories for the day.

I'm not a good crash dieter so even though I appreciate the advise I have very little self control and a whole heck of a lot of cravings.

I have already cut table salt from my diet, and drink stritcly water, about 5 quarts aday right now.
    and the food prepared in the cafeteria at my desk job is usually salt free (hosptial)

I like the sauna idea, can i do that the night before? because I was wanting to do a 6 am weigh in, because I am always lighter in the mornings.

oh and on the laxatives,.... I have to have a colonoscopy soon, and was thinking of scheduling it for later in the day on my weigh-in lol...2 birds 1 stone?
    i wish you all the luck in getting to your goal but please be as sensible as you can on the least amount of cals you are consuming please please don,t make your self poorly in the process it can still be yours i think the body building way as suggested will be the best but at the end of the day your choice :drinker: :drinker:
  • JustAmyRenee
    Options
    I'm only partially joking. It's practically physiologically impossible to lose 20lbs of fat in 2 weeks. And it's absolutely unhealthy to even try. Of the more rapid 30lbs you lost already, you will find that a large percentage of it was initial water weight.

Actually it wasn't thats what alot of people think, but I have been on dr. prescribed medication for water retention due to a reproductive medical condition, and I have to be really aware of my water intake to not get dehydrated because I am on this medicaiton.
    I've been drinking 4-8 quarts of water a day for several years now to not get hooked up to an IV.

I've never been a calorie counter, and prior to this was having a caloric intake of approximately 4000-7000+ calories a day and an out put of maybe...MAYBE 1,000.
  • JustAmyRenee
    Options
    [/quote] i wish you all the luck in getting to your goal but please be as sensible as you can on the least amount of cals you are consuming please please don,t make your self poorly in the process it can still be yours i think the body building way as suggested will be the best but at the end of the day your choice :drinker: :drinker:
    [/quote]

so do i need to consume more calories on those days? I honestly have no idea thats why i started this thread.
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    My suggestion is to cut out carbs, no more fruit ;) My dad did the atkins diet and lost 20lbs in 2 weeks, but he didn't stick to it, so I would assume if you watched calories AND carbs, you might be able to lose it. Also be sure to change up your workout routine :flowerforyou: good luck
  • stephvaile
    Options
    i wish you all the luck in getting to your goal but please be as sensible as you can on the least amount of cals you are consuming please please don,t make your self poorly in the process it can still be yours i think the body building way as suggested will be the best but at the end of the day your choice :drinker: :drinker:
    [/quote]

so do i need to consume more calories on those days? I honestly have no idea thats why i started this thread.
    [/quote] i believe it consists of high protein (lean) e.g cottage cheese tuna fish veggies protein shakes google it (how do body builders loose weight upto competion ) take a very strong multi vit that gives 100% of everything you need lots of water and rest its low carb
  • JustAmyRenee
    Options
    Oh how i wish i could rest :( thinking maybe i need to start taking a sleep aid at night so that i get the recover time in at night getting home at 11p.m. and into bed by (hopefully) midnight and then up at 6:30A.m. isnt giving me any recovery time.
  • JustAmyRenee
    Options
    an update for anyone who wants to know, lost 3lbs since the 4th, my doctor put me on a strict sugar control diet for a blood infection (ugh ya me) so all im allowed to eat are green veggies and lean meat.