Men and Women are so different

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I look for the sales person and ask for the directions.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    lol. Rings true with me. We have a shopping centre here called Bluewater - one of the largest in Europe. Usually, if I'm there to buy something it takes about an hour from leaving my house to getting home. With my girlfriend in tow, I was in the shopping centre for 9(!) hours. More than a working day. 9. Long. Hours.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    guilty as charged.
  • Medea81
    Medea81 Posts: 69
    Options
    I hate shopping... just hate it (unless it is the fabric store)! I go to the mall once a year, and it is an in and out trip (it's where Lane Bryant is). Walmart is evil...
    But now, JoAnn's is my mecca... I have coupons galore and never spend full price on anything. But I also run a small home business making dog collars and handbags, so I need the stuff.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options

Oh. They don’t tell you how much they spent. Not that I care. What they tell you is how much they saved:
    “Combined a 1 day sale item with my BOGO and the 20% coupon. Saved $17.00”

I am so guilty of the above quote. :laugh:

Me too!

But you know what? My husband doesn't want to know.

Once, I guess my receipt fell out of my car, and I didn't notice. Hubby picked it up and looked at it to make sure it wasn't one he needed (he owns his own business).

It was for me getting my hair done. Highlights, dye, cut, blow-out. A couple products. I think it came to about $170.

He told me later - don't let the receipt fall out. I don't want to know how much you're spending on your hair.

He was laughing. He's okay with it...but he'd rather not know.
  • kjwillie
    kjwillie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Uh, this is pretty stereotypical. And not true for me at all. I think you're making it seem as though women don't know how to handle money. Well, maybe that's true about some women, but for the most part they're practical and capable. Men, on the other hand, can't read faces or body language for beans and therefore tend to communicate poorly. If you ask me, it's men who need women, not the other way around.

Anyway, I hate shopping so this certainly doesn't apply to everyone.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Apparently this is one reason my husband tells me I am SO DIFFERENT from most women. Per your example, I totally shop like a guy. And then only when I'm forced to because my 25+ year old clothes have finally worn out. I hate clothes shopping. Hate it. Shoe shopping is even worse.

If I had oodles of money I would gladly pay someone like Stacey or Clinton to take my measurements and just go shop for me.

Don't despair, guys - there ARE a few of us out there!! :D

This is me as well...but it's not just clothes shopping...I hate ALL shopping. I only go when I have to and I get it done as fast as I can. I have better things to do with my life! :happy:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Classic example of the HUNT (male) and FORAGING/GATHERING (female). Generally speaking that is. That said, I am not one to spend the day shopping without having something particular in mind first. If I go as you described, it is more like a bonding day with my gals and shopping is secondary. Sale racks are the norm, gotta be thrifty - lol. PS: My shoe collection and closet use sounds on par. LOVE IT.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Uh, this is pretty stereotypical. And not true for me at all. I think you're making it seem as though women don't know how to handle money. Well, maybe that's true about some women, but for the most part they're practical and capable. Men, on the other hand, can't read faces or body language for beans and therefore tend to communicate poorly. If you ask me, it's men who need women, not the other way around.

First of all, I said right up front that I was talking about MY observations about the women in MY life.

Second of all, it was meant as an antecdotal funny story.

Thirdly, the women in my MY life are MY life and make their own decisions always with MY total support.

Fourth, lighten up and relax. I wasn't putting women down. No need to forward my story to Gloria Steinem.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Apparently this is one reason my husband tells me I am SO DIFFERENT from most women. Per your example, I totally shop like a guy. And then only when I'm forced to because my 25+ year old clothes have finally worn out. I hate clothes shopping. Hate it. Shoe shopping is even worse.

If I had oodles of money I would gladly pay someone like Stacey or Clinton to take my measurements and just go shop for me.

This is me as well...but it's not just clothes shopping...I hate ALL shopping. I only go when I have to and I get it done as fast as I can. I have better things to do with my life! :happy:

I really do'nt shop often, and when I do, I tend to order online.

The main things I buy are either fitness/health related or books.

But I do go through spending binges every once in awhile. LOL
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    i'm such a guy when it comes to shopping.

if i can't get it online, i probably don't need it.

me too
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    And the manner in which they shop? I don’t ask, but here’s what I might hear as they ready for shopping safari:
    “They’re having a sale at…..”
    “I’ve got an additional 30% off coupon.”
    “I have an additional 20% off my last receipt is I use it by….”
    Now, they may not even have an item to purchase in mind, but that coupon expires by the end of the week and letting it expire unused is unheard of.

So, so true! :bigsmile:

They’re gone all day. Here’s where I’m lost, because I don’t ask what they’ve done while they are out. But, they might come back with 3 bags, several items, and, they want to show every single one to me. I get a rundown on the reason they bought these particular items:
    “This matches my magenta blouse.”
    “I needed these shoes for so and so’s retirement party.”
    “You love the way I look in the red one, so I got a matching blue one.”
    I haven’t even scratched the surface.
    Oh. They don’t tell you how much they spent. Not that I care. What they tell you is how much they saved:
    “Combined a 1 day sale item with my BOGO and the 20% coupon. Saved $17.00”

I almost spit my water out on the keyboard reading this part! Too funny, and true again! Ahhhhhh I'm dying here!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And "Mr. Dog"--you are awesome ;-)

Uh, this is pretty stereotypical. And not true for me at all. I think you're making it seem as though women don't know how to handle money. Well, maybe that's true about some women, but for the most part they're practical and capable.

As he said, this is an observation of the women in HIS life. If you're going to read a post, read it in its entirety, or don't comment. You end up looking silly.

Now, I do not go shopping very often. This is just how it works when I do. Also, I handle my money well, know when I can and can't spend it and on what I can and can't spend it on. I also put money into savings (actual savings, not "saving up for this", although I have one of those, too). Just sayin'.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Classic example of the HUNT (male) and FORAGING/GATHERING (female). Generally speaking that is. That said, I am not one to spend the day shopping without having something particular in mind first. If I go as you described, it is more like a bonding day with my gals and shopping is secondary. Sale racks are the norm, gotta be thrifty - lol. PS: My shoe collection and closet use sounds on par. LOVE IT.

I think with me its more the social aspects going shopping with my BFFs that makes it fun more than just the shopping part. But I still can't resist a sale, LOL!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

First of all, I said right up front that I was talking about MY observations about the women in MY life.

Second of all, it was meant as an antecdotal funny story.

Thirdly, the women in my MY life are MY life and make their own decisions always with MY total support.

Fourth, lighten up and relax. I wasn't putting women down. No need to forward my story to Gloria Steinem.

128953413663437198.jpg
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Here's my shopping quirk. Every spring I go on line and buy all new socks and underpanties. Then, when we go on vacation, I take my old ones with me. Each day I toss what I wore that day. When we get back from vacation I open up all the new stuff.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I wish we could start a poll. Does this site have the software capability? Because I am one of the women who hates shopping. A long time ago I suppose it was a bit more fun, but now I consider it exhausting and tedious. I buy everything I can online. And usually I know what I want before I search for it, and I may or may not buy it. Then if I cannot find exactly what I am looking for I don't buy anything. I also believe in spending the money to purchase nice things that will last a long time. 120 for my work shows, last pair lasted 7 years. Why not.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

lol! We are so alike. I detest shopping. I only buy clothes when I have to, or I sneakily steal my daughter's. When I grocery shop, it's in, grab what I need and get the heck out. I get so pissed when they change the layout in a store....! lol
  • Sarah_Kendrick2017
    Sarah_Kendrick2017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love shopping my frustration is that I never can find anything that fits right so I give up and don't go. It doesn't help that I am 6'0" and have a 36" inseam so that makes it difficult. Find me a store in the mall for tall women and I am so there all day probably buying them out LOL!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Absolutely right RoadDog! Funny thing is......my ex is feeling rather guilty of disrespecting me today...sooo, he's given me some cash to go on a shopping spree at the weekend!. I do not feel guilty of accepting his cash either. I will not forgive him for the disrespect, nor forget what he said to me in regards to my health....so whilst he's away with my little one for a few days......

I WILL BE GOING ON A SHOPPING SPREE!.

Sales, Offers, Coupons....here we come! LOL!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Love this post! I am not really a shopper. I shop more like a guy, but with my girls getting older, we take my mom shopping and I enjoy the social aspect of it...especially the Starbucks!